Washtenaw Community College Dean of Business and Computer Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Washtenaw Community College

1 Interview Review

Dean of Business and Computer Technologies Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washtenaw Community College (Ann Arbor, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview which included a presentation was held in a small meeting room - they had you stand at the end of the meeting table and present - cut you off at exactly the allocated time - no remote presenter given so it was awkward using their keyboard with no remote to present. The interview was harmless enough - most of the people were pleasant - however when it came to getting my costs reimbursed it took two months for them to reimburse me and then they sent only 70% of the airfare which was promised - and this was coach fare no frills - although the college was 45 minutes from the airport they wouldn't' even reimburse the $34 one day rental fare and then discounted the airfare/package I had another $100. Good luck trying to get someone on the phone to answer your question about reimbursement.

I thought it was rather cheap considering they wanted me to come to MI to interview for 1 hour and never even provided a tour of the campus - it was the worst interview experience I have had in high education. Doesn't matter that they never called or sent even an email notifying of the non-acceptance - I actually am very happy they didn't pick me after all of this. I had to call twice to find out and then they told me they sent email (which I received after the phone call I made). Then I waited another month after that month to get my partial reimbursement - I would be leery of spending your hard earned money to interview there - its apparent they don't value your interest or investment into the process.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions like tell us about a time things didn't work out for you and what you did - run of the mill interview questions.   Answer Question