Washtenaw Community College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Washtenaw Community College

2.3

Patrol Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Washtenaw Community College (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

I began working Part-Time and was refereed by my boss for a Full-Time position. Interviewing for Full-Time I interview with executive director of Facilities Operations and my boss, I felt very comfortable with her and did not feel nervous. The questions were answerable.

Patrol Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Washtenaw Community College (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Saw job posting on Indeed.com so I applied. About three weeks later, received a phone call for an interview. The interviewed was scheduled for the day after the phone call. The interview was pretty informal. Very comfortable setting with pretty basic questions, nothing too difficult.Three interviews (three different shift supervisors) which was a good thing. The interview lasted approximately 15 minutes so it was very short. A few days later, received a phone call with a job offer. Overall, the interview process was short.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negoriation

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Washtenaw Community College (Ann Arbor, MI) in August 2009.

Interview

I applied to a posting on the school's jobs website. With my application I needed to submit an educational transcript (to show what math classes I have taken and what grades I received), a cover letter, and a resume. Within two weeks I got an e-mail to set up a phone interview.

The phone interview was very straight-forward. I was asked what math classes I have taken and about the course content and the grades I received.

A few days later I got a call telling me to come in for an in-person interview with the Director of the department. The interview started as one-on-one and, after a while, the Assistant Director came in. The in-person interview was really more like an orientation. They already wanted to hire me, but it was a formality the college requires.

I was encouraged to dress business casual for the interview as the campus culture is very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• The questions were just as expected. There were no surprises.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Student Employee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washtenaw Community College.

Interview

The process was easy and little to no stress. Was mostly a sit down conversation about the job responsibilities and expectations. Only had to do one interview there wasn't a need to a second.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Washtenaw Community College.

Interview

Interviewed by Dean of English Department, Carrie Krantz. She is very supportive and a great person! I applied online and received a call the same day. I was hired about a week later.

Interview Questions

• What give you the most satisfaction teaching at the community college level?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is really no negotiation. There is a set $58.85 per hour. No paid holidays. You do get the opportunity to substitute occasionally.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Washtenaw Community College (Ann Arbor, MI) in November 2013.

Interview

Two interviews, one was in person, the other was a phone interview. The team did not seem to be on the same page about understanding the questions or what they wanted in the candidate. Some members seemed downright disinterested.There were two men on the team who were pretty rude.
    One woman sat very close to me, kept laughing and touching me, made me very uncomfortable.
    The entire experience was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What have you heard about our college or read about us in the press?   1 Answer
    • The group also asked me how I handled different types of authority. When I asked them to be more specific, not one of them could be, which was odd.   Answer Question

The group seemed very unhappy. I could tell it would not be a good place to work.

Support Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Washtenaw Community College (Ann Arbor, MI) in August 2010.

Interview

I don't remember specifics but it consisted mostly of questions about handling customer service.

Part-time English Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Washtenaw Community College (Ann Arbor, MI) in April 2010.

Interview

I was told I could find work there and I just went to the Writing Center and asked for an application. I filled it out while I was there and submitted on the spot. In the next - maybe two weeks - I got a call for an interview. I went to the office of the department head and interviewed. It was a very casual process. She offered me a position and I started the following semester.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't one. It was the kind of interview that if you were qualified, you got the job because they needed help. As I understand it, things are much different now. But one thing I expect they need to know up front is how you manage a classroom. Probably the most surprising thing was that many students are still really in the high school mind set. I had 17 years of teaching experience so it helped make the decision, I'm sure.   Answer Question

Dean of Business and Computer Technologies Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washtenaw Community College (Ann Arbor, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview which included a presentation was held in a small meeting room - they had you stand at the end of the meeting table and present - cut you off at exactly the allocated time - no remote presenter given so it was awkward using their keyboard with no remote to present. The interview was harmless enough - most of the people were pleasant - however when it came to getting my costs reimbursed it took two months for them to reimburse me and then they sent only 70% of the airfare which was promised - and this was coach fare no frills - although the college was 45 minutes from the airport they wouldn't' even reimburse the $34 one day rental fare and then discounted the airfare/package I had another $100. Good luck trying to get someone on the phone to answer your question about reimbursement.

I thought it was rather cheap considering they wanted me to come to MI to interview for 1 hour and never even provided a tour of the campus - it was the worst interview experience I have had in high education. Doesn't matter that they never called or sent even an email notifying of the non-acceptance - I actually am very happy they didn't pick me after all of this. I had to call twice to find out and then they told me they sent email (which I received after the phone call I made). Then I waited another month after that month to get my partial reimbursement - I would be leery of spending your hard earned money to interview there - its apparent they don't value your interest or investment into the process.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions like tell us about a time things didn't work out for you and what you did - run of the mill interview questions.   Answer Question