Washtenaw Community College Math Tutor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Washtenaw Community College (Ann Arbor, MI) in August 2009.

Interview

I applied to a posting on the school's jobs website. With my application I needed to submit an educational transcript (to show what math classes I have taken and what grades I received), a cover letter, and a resume. Within two weeks I got an e-mail to set up a phone interview.

The phone interview was very straight-forward. I was asked what math classes I have taken and about the course content and the grades I received.

A few days later I got a call telling me to come in for an in-person interview with the Director of the department. The interview started as one-on-one and, after a while, the Assistant Director came in. The in-person interview was really more like an orientation. They already wanted to hire me, but it was a formality the college requires.

I was encouraged to dress business casual for the interview as the campus culture is very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• The questions were just as expected. There were no surprises.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.