Waste Connections Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Waste Connections Engineer Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Waste Connections.

Interview

I submitted an online application. A few days later, HR contacted me. HR person started going over my resume; first question asked was if I had a four year degree. Found this a bit insulting and it also made me wonder if they had even looked at my resume. After the phone call, HR asked me to complete an online math test; which I did. Afterwards, I was asked to go for an interview.

This interview was the least professional interview I have experienced throughout this process. I interviewed with an engineer, he proceeded to ask the normal questions of "tell me about yourself", about previous experience, and education. He then asked random behavioral questions, how I describe myself, how others would describe me and who is a role model to me, famous and non-famous. He also asked questions about how I handled certain situations while I was in school. The least professional part was asking me how I, as a woman, would handle certain aspects of working in a landfill. Lastly, he said he also did not like that I have an advanced degree.

Within two days I received a rejection email from a do not reply email address.

Interview Questions