Waste Connections Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Waste Connections Interview Questions

2.4

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Waste Connections.

Interview

I worked with a recruiter for a position in Tax and was scheduled for an interview. The interview was suppose to be for 2 hours and instead it lasted for only 1 hour. During the interview, I found out that half of the people that were suppose to interview me were out on vacation. The first interviewer would not make direct eye contact with me as I was explaining about my tax experience and the Director of Tax said the word "um.." at the end of every sentence. There obviously was a lack of preparation and both interviewers seemed unenthusiastic and dull during the interview. Like I was interrupting there precious time. Also, I should mention that one interviewer told me that this is a new position and they do not know how it will pan out. (RED FLAG)...I interpreted that as you do not know how to do you your job. Maybe that is why the previous candidate didn't accept your offer. Also, they did not have the current person handling that tax discipline be a part of the interview process for the position. (RED FLAG). Basically, I was interviewing with people that were not educated in the tax discipline for that position. My communication to them involving my tax experience fell on deaf ears because they were not competent enough to understand the job itself. Interestingly enough they could remember why i was seeking other career opportunities. The interview with Waste Connections was a "waste" of my time. No pun intended folks.

Legal Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Connections (The Woodlands, TX).

Interview

Phone interview was the first step. Then I was notified whether I would be scheduled. The in-person interview consisted of a panel. Each panel member would take turns to interview individually.

Interview Questions

• They ask you about yourself. They want to know if you're a good fit with their company.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Connections (Colorado Springs, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied on line and was emailed a standard management review and then had a phone interview. /we spoke for almost an hour and I thought that was very good. She closed with telling me that I would be contacted next week

Interview Questions

• How well did I know my team   1 Answer

Recruiter/Centennial Office Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Connections in November 2014.

Interview

Submitted my resume and application was phone interviewed about 3 days later. Was called in for a 2 person panel interview about 2 days after phone interview. I would say the office atmosphere was welcoming and friendly. I did notice most employees I encountered were not any older than 45-50 in age. Upon meeting the recruiter she was about in her early 30's. The 2nd recruiter that came in was in her mid 30's and let's just say both were old enough to be my daughters. I thought the interview went well. The 1st recruiter did mention to me they were a " pretty tight knit group". As, an experienced recruiter this can at times be a red flag. It can be interpreted as "exclusivity". I received an email about 4 days later informing me they had selected another candidate (job is still posted). I linkedin the recruiters name and found several posted photos of both recruiters at parties and what appears to be night clubs in provocative poses. Nothing offensive just "girls" having fun". It made sense as to why I did not get the job. Here I was thinking it may have been my credentials . I landed a better job a week later with a company who hires based on qualifications and not who you can party with in your tight knit age group. While, I can't prove any form of age discrimination this office needs to look at their workforce and truly examine it's diversity.

Interview Questions

• I asked the question to both recruiters: What is currently your biggest hiring challenge ? One responded they have had a job that has been posted about 1 year and they could not fill the job. She went on to explain that due to colorado's low unemployment rate "every employer is fighting for the same people".   1 Answer

Internal Audit Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Waste Connections (The Woodlands, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

The most unprofessional process I've ever been through... Mind you, an interview was for a mid-senior level position: a lineup of candidates waiting for their turn in the hall, 30 min interviews, one after another, etc... Although I was brought in for an interview through an employment agency, as I had many times before with other companies, this was the first time I was not given business cards by my interviewers. I felt as if I was taking a final with the clock ticking in the corner of my screen! Just a very poorly organized process that left a bad taste in my mouth.

Customer Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Waste Connections (Colorado Springs, CO) in January 2012.

Interview

Really straight forward, met with the manager I would be under, asked me typical job related questions, very quick.

Interview Questions

• How well do you think you can handle upset customers?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Waste Connections.

Interview

I submitted an online application. A few days later, HR contacted me. HR person started going over my resume; first question asked was if I had a four year degree. Found this a bit insulting and it also made me wonder if they had even looked at my resume. After the phone call, HR asked me to complete an online math test; which I did. Afterwards, I was asked to go for an interview.

This interview was the least professional interview I have experienced throughout this process. I interviewed with an engineer, he proceeded to ask the normal questions of "tell me about yourself", about previous experience, and education. He then asked random behavioral questions, how I describe myself, how others would describe me and who is a role model to me, famous and non-famous. He also asked questions about how I handled certain situations while I was in school. The least professional part was asking me how I, as a woman, would handle certain aspects of working in a landfill. Lastly, he said he also did not like that I have an advanced degree.

Within two days I received a rejection email from a do not reply email address.