Waste Industries USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Waste Industries USA

2.4

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Industries USA (Raleigh, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

I was hired from within the company, but the whole process took about 2 weeks from submission of resume to the interview to the offer. Overall, a pretty easy process. I interviewed with the person who would be my direct supervisor and also his supervisor. After I interviewed with his supervisor it took a couple more days, but I was offered the job.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Industries USA (Raleigh, NC) in December 2015.

Interview

Waste of time, they knew who they wanted to hire. I knew it was a sham when I made it to the final interview and they didn't take my list of references.

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Industries USA.

Interview

Pretty straightforward, there was nothing particularly difficult. The direct supervisor had a lot going on during the interview process so the timing took a little longer to meet face to face. I met with a panel on the second interview and that went well overall.

Interview Questions

• If you were writing your own performance review, what would you detail as areas that need improvement.

Tell me some situations you've had to handle a difficult situation, how did you handle and what was the outcome.

Why are you interested in working for this company?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waste Industries USA (Raleigh, NC) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call the next day. Completed phone interview, received call to set up an onsite interview, received offer a couple of days later. The whole process took around a week from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• What are your main points of focus at your current job?   Answer Question

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Castle, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Industries USA (New Castle, DE) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview is rather impersonal. Standard questions that you would hear at any other interview. Whole process is 30 minutes or so. I think that is the easiest part of the whole company

Driver Helper Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Industries USA.

Interview

Very Easy. Interview with multiple people. They ask a lot of questions and expect you to come with some questions of your own. Background check took awhile but was eventually offered the position.

Commercial Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conway, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Waste Industries USA (Conway, SC) in December 2013.

Interview

Mine was short as I have years of experience in this industry.They looked over my resume and liked everything I saw they hired me immediately pending the results of my drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw hundred dollar bill laying on the floor in the shop?   2 Answers

Waste Industries Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Industries USA (Fayetteville, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

They call you on the phone and ask to schedule an interview. You come in and they basically explain what the job to you. They say it stinks, and you see nasty things. They go over what if you have ever had accidents and if you have they ask you how you could have avoided it. They even ask if you have hobbies. If they like you they will call ask you to come back where they will tell you how much hou will be paid. Most rookies start at 13.25.

After this they will hire you. There will be a couple days where you will watch videos on safety and company policies. Then you will ride along and get training from drivers for a bit. Its until they think you are ready. Then the lead driver will do your final test drive.

I have heard supervisors say they have not been interested in a canidate because they didn't like the way they spoke or talked. They have even said the person had skills but they just didnt like them.

Interview Questions

• How would you avoid such and such accident?   1 Answer

Driver, Lead Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garner, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Industries USA (Garner, NC) in October 2012.

Interview

Just tell you the basic fundamentals and see if your ready for the long hours work is easy just have to work in all weather conditions but hey your a driver thats expected if you get called for the interview and you are a verbal guy chances are you have the job just be clean cut and well mannered we are still professional drivers.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to help a driver in need?   1 Answer

Purchasing Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waste Industries USA (Raleigh, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview that I felt went well. Both hiring managers were forthcoming about the job and wanted me to clearly understand the position before we proceeded with the interview process. I asked them if I could take a night to think the job over and they gracefully accepted. I emailed them the next morning to setup a time for a formal interview and never heard back. I called the following day and left a message and still nothing, not even a "sorry we've decided to go with a different candidate". If you can't even get an answer as a non-employee I wonder what kind of an answers you would get as an employee.