Waste Management Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Waste Management Account Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Waste Management

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Lakeville, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Lakeville, MN) in December 2014.

Interview

They first screen you with a phone call. Then depending on its success you will have a one on one interview with the manager of the position applied for. Waste Management uses the STAR interview process. Situation, Task, Action, and Result. "Tell me about a time you went above and beyond your role to satisfy the customer"

Interview Questions

• The typical situation interview questions, tell me about a time you succeeded, etc. Tell me about a time that you let the customer down and how did you handle that?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Waste Management

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Waste Management (Columbia, MD).

Interview

Usallly a one on one with the hiring manager. You get a call then a small phone interview. Next should you pass the phone interview you are called in for a one on one. Unless it's a outside position then the interview is a panel of at least three people whom you will work with and under their direction.

Interview Questions

• What could I offer waste management if hired.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waste Management (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with 3-person panel of Management level employees. Each panel member asked questions regarding resume, challenges, wins and defeats. First, detail the stages of the resume. Discuss challenges at each stage and how solutions were offered to the customers. Discussed metrics used to measure performance in the Sales Department. I needed to describe how my skills fit the role that was available.

Interview Questions

• Describe an obstacle provided by a customer, and the solution that was offered.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2013.

Interview

Everything is handled through the HR department. They contacted me first via phone which was a "tell me about a time you had a difficult time converting an upset customer" type session. I was offered an in-person interiew at the end of the call.

The in-person interiew was odd because the two people whom I was supposed to interview with were both out and I ended up speaking with the General Manager for about an hour. He explained the position and asked some more stock questions, looking for complex answers with detail regarding my ability to handle various situations. He was very candid about what the position entailed, which I appreciated. Afterwards I was told I would be contacted by HR to let me know the status of my application.

HR contacted me 3 weeks in a row, every Wednesday, to let me know I was still being considered. On the third week they told me they went with another candidate. Two weeks later they contacted me again and said they had another position which they would like to offer me, but I had already accepted an offer elsewhere.

Very professional process.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were the typical "Tell me about a time you helped a client resolve a difficult issue and how you came to the resolution."   Answer Question

Already accepted position with another company. Hiring process takes a very long time, at least a month.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, first interview with hiring manager, second interview with sales director, third interview is ride along with rep in field cold calling, then start on boarding process (can take up to 1 month)

Interview Questions

• Long term and short term goals
      What motivates you
      Why you want to work there
      Strengths and weaknesses
      Examples of accomplishments   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Waste Management (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2019.

Interview

applied online on their company website; the HR will send you personality questions; they will set up a video interview, one way; if you pre-qualify, you will be interviewed by the regional sales manager, then the sales manager

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult sales and what was the outcome, good or bad but tell me what you learned from it.   Answer Question
    • What is your sales process?   Answer Question
    • How do you overcome a price sensitive negotiation?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Interview

2 rounds, phone and in person. Simple, easy to follow, friendly. If you act personable, likable and competent that is all they are looking for. Highlight why you are the right person for the job. Waterloo is a nice office, set in an industrial area. Learn fast and ask questions, lots of information to take in.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in June 2011.

Interview

In person interview with future manager. Applied online and then the set up the interview with the manager. Interview was fairly straightforward with typical sales questions.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management in April 2011.

Interview

Long, drawn out process. Two telephone interviews before in person interview. Local manager was very nice, helpful, encouraging. I was selected and referred to non-local recruiter for hiring package, recruiter called and said they'd like to hire me, 2 weeks later they called and retracted the offer to hire. Six week process start to disappointing finish.

Interview Questions

• Why would you take a job that is at a lower level and salary than the one you had previously?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Waste Management in November 2011.

Interview

First step is a phone interview with company recruiter, second step was interview with area sales manager and final interview was with sales manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.