Want a Free Job Posting?

Business Analyst Interview

Process was very good overall. I was interviewed by two people, and the interview lasted for one hour.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Waste Management

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Houston, TX) in September 2010.

Initially spoke with the internal HR recruiter. The interview process consisted of two face to face interviews and a panel interview. The first interview was with the hiring manager & project manager. Aside from discussing my general project experience, I was also asked "the Google questions". I was also asked to whiteboard one of them. The second interview was with the VP. I was also asked a few more "Google questions". The third interview was a panel interview with the senior leadership team. This consisted of the CIO and several IT VPs. Advice: Review "the Google questions. This was the first time I was asked them, but I was prepared. Present yourself confidently. They are reading you, and may want to see how you react under pressure. Accept that, and try to understand why they ask the questions they do. The IT department is fast paced, competitive, and can be high pressure. The work culture in IT is the epitome of corporate America. The people are smart, well educated, and competitive. Many people work 50+ hrs a week, year round.

Interview Questions

• Why is a manhole round?   1 Answer
    • How much does a 747 weigh at take off?   1 Answer
    • How many windows are there in downtown Houston?   Answer Question
    • If I hired you, what would I like the least about you?   1 Answer

Negotiation was minimal. Pay is OK, but not great. Bonus percentage is high. My advice is to only accept the offer, if it is what you are looking for. Although raises & promotions are possible, nothing comes overnight.