Waste Management Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Waste Management Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Oct 6, 2017

2.7

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

So far am not impressed with this company at all! At the end of phone interview was scheduled for the face to face interview. Received two emails confirming that time and giving instructions on parking etc. The email did state it would consist of a group orientation, a shadowing of a csr, and an individual interview. It said to dress professionally which I felt overdressed the second I parked, because everyone there was in jeans except the other individuals awaiting interviews. I parked in parking garage and walked down four flights of stairs in heels. After sitting in the lobby over 20 minutes with the other potential candidates, a guy came out and told us they would be rescheduling and that they weren't suppose to have any interviews today because of an event. This would've been nice to know before I got dressed and drove 40 minutes to sit in a lobby for 25 minutes. I really need a job but am very unpleased with this companies organization skills and that they feel it's okay to waste people's time! Also, everywhere I've read on here the starting wage is at least $14 an hour. On the phone interview she asked what my minimum salary requirements are and when I stated I'd expect at least $13 an hour, she said the position pays $13.50, am I okay with that? I said yes and planned to negotiate later considering everyone else claimed they pay $14-14.87. This company needs to get its act together ASAP!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Waste Management

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Applied two times, finally got an email to set up phone interview which went great, all the normal pre interview questions. Then got set up F2F interview. Arrived at the surpise of a group interview of 5 other applicant's it was a very friendly chill copacetic feel, which was great because I've had a group before, everyone participated. Then went to sit a CSR to get a feel of what we might be doing. After that I was pulled into a cubicle for an interview with a sup, very friendly since, I was nervous she asked questions then gave me a script to read, a mock call test was given to see if we can type and take a call at the same time. Wasn't to prescise on the directions, but I did okay. Got the call a day later for the offer, filled out onboading docs online and completed drug test, just waiting on recruiter to reach out to me with the start date which could be Oct 2 or in November.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you've delt with a difficult customer ?   1 Answer
    • How have you delt with a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty easy

Interview

Interview Questions

• They come in ask you normal customer service questions. You go to one interview and they almost always hire everyone that goes in due to the high turn over rate for quits   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Waste Management (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter and then a short test to see if you can type and communicate at the same time. Then I was asked in for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Had interview with 2 other candidates which was strange because we took turns answering the same questions but overall this portion went well for me.   Answer Question
    • The had me sit with one of the CSA 's and I am sure I could do this job with my over 10 years experience.   Answer Question
    • The third part and most ridiculous it was sitting with a supervisor. She gave me a piece of paper to read. Then she went to the other room and called me on the phone to act like a customer. She talked while I was to fill in names, addresses, phone numbers and customer problems. Granted I had the paper but I didn't know the system and didn't have headphones while she expected me to fill in the blanks at a speed of someone familiar with their system. This is like being set up for failure. Very uncomfortable, and when I left she sarcastically wished me luck.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online aand they sent email to set time of phone interview , they hang up on me after I picked up the phone and called them back and an hour later someone called and reschedule my phone interview a few days later.Then they set me for face to face interview at the office with group interview, and listened one on one with one of their CSR. And That was it, no personal interview, they said will hear the result in 24-48 hours, has been a week NO email or calls, and my online application still not being updated. Very Strange system, and no direct phone to call someone to find out and the training suppose to be on oct 2nd.Will be nice if at least they send me email about the result without having wondering everyday.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management in June 2017.

Interview

They just asked about my work experience. Why do I want to work for waste management. Waiting on a email to find out if I got the position. Training starts on July 31.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a great fit for the position? Why are you leaving your current Job?   19 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I received an email to schedule a phone interview. The interview is done by a 3rd party recruiting company. During the phone interview, the interviewer asked a series of questions.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked if I ever took a three day weekend without telling my supervisor.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Commerce, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The Call Center Customer Service Representative interview process involved a phone screening and then an in person interview.

The phone interview process was odd. On the day that I was supposed to be phone interviewed, I receive a call stating that the recruiter would call me at a later time. Then he apparently was available so he called me sooner than the new time. He was very hard to understand.

I passed the phone interview and then I was scheduled to interview at their call center in the City of Commerce. The recruiter did not provide proper instructions regarding parking or locating the actual customer service door other than a suite number (you’ll see what I mean). The parking lot was jammed and there are signs posted about customer parking only because the office building is shared by other companies including Wells Fargo. You get to the third floor and there are all of these different doors. I entered one door, and it was a waiting room, which appeared to be an office that use to handle in person customer service. There was a window that was covered up. The next door was closed. There was a phone, but I wasn’t given a phone number or extension to dial when I got there. I walked out of the room. Some random employee in the hallway had no idea what I was talking about (customer service dept. where is it?). I go back in the room, and I was about to start dialing names on a list near the phone when a woman walks in, and then escorts me to her office.

I interviewed with the head of the customer service department. She told me that she had been with the company for decades and that employment with the company is very stable. Everything seemed to be going great then she mentioned where I lived, which is not in Los Angeles County. She then said that she lived further than I did but that it was OK for her because she took the train. Once she made that statement, I knew that I was probably NOT going to get hired. I asked her when applicants would be notified, and she stated as soon as possible because they wanted to get training going by the start of the next month.

I received a rejection notice via e-mail six business days later. Needless to say I was very disappointed that I was not hired for a position that I was MORE than qualified for just because the supervisor didn’t like where I lived. The entire interview process became a waste of my time and money. If the local office doesn’t want employees based out of LA County, then they should state so.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult customer(something to that effect)?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Very drawn out and unclear, started with a group interview, proceeded to a simple individual face to face. Did not hear word back on the outcome until over a month later.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation you encountered with a customer and how did you resolve it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The entire process took a very long time (over 1 month). Negotiations do not take place unless you make it clear you have another offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tupelo, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Tupelo, MS).

Interview

I interviwed for the position. Great work history. Many years of call center experience. The job went to a younger, less experienced person. I have contacted an attorney. This is blatant age discrimination

Interview Questions

• At what age did I see myself retiring.   1 Answer