Waste Management Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Waste Management Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 14, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Commerce, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The Call Center Customer Service Representative interview process involved a phone screening and then an in person interview.

The phone interview process was odd. On the day that I was supposed to be phone interviewed, I receive a call stating that the recruiter would call me at a later time. Then he apparently was available so he called me sooner than the new time. He was very hard to understand.

I passed the phone interview and then I was scheduled to interview at their call center in the City of Commerce. The recruiter did not provide proper instructions regarding parking or locating the actual customer service door other than a suite number (you’ll see what I mean). The parking lot was jammed and there are signs posted about customer parking only because the office building is shared by other companies including Wells Fargo. You get to the third floor and there are all of these different doors. I entered one door, and it was a waiting room, which appeared to be an office that use to handle in person customer service. There was a window that was covered up. The next door was closed. There was a phone, but I wasn’t given a phone number or extension to dial when I got there. I walked out of the room. Some random employee in the hallway had no idea what I was talking about (customer service dept. where is it?). I go back in the room, and I was about to start dialing names on a list near the phone when a woman walks in, and then escorts me to her office.

I interviewed with the head of the customer service department. She told me that she had been with the company for decades and that employment with the company is very stable. Everything seemed to be going great then she mentioned where I lived, which is not in Los Angeles County. She then said that she lived further than I did but that it was OK for her because she took the train. Once she made that statement, I knew that I was probably NOT going to get hired. I asked her when applicants would be notified, and she stated as soon as possible because they wanted to get training going by the start of the next month.

I received a rejection notice via e-mail six business days later. Needless to say I was very disappointed that I was not hired for a position that I was MORE than qualified for just because the supervisor didn’t like where I lived. The entire interview process became a waste of my time and money. If the local office doesn’t want employees based out of LA County, then they should state so.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult customer(something to that effect)?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Waste Management

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Very drawn out and unclear, started with a group interview, proceeded to a simple individual face to face. Did not hear word back on the outcome until over a month later.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation you encountered with a customer and how did you resolve it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The entire process took a very long time (over 1 month). Negotiations do not take place unless you make it clear you have another offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tupelo, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Tupelo, MS).

Interview

I interviwed for the position. Great work history. Many years of call center experience. The job went to a younger, less experienced person. I have contacted an attorney. This is blatant age discrimination

Interview Questions

• At what age did I see myself retiring.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wixom, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Wixom, MI).

Interview

Interviewed with 2 supervisors. Asked a lot of star method questions and wrote down stuff on paper. Then after interview I meet with the overall manager. She asked a few of the same questions and answered my questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a irate customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Marietta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online 3/8/2016 & received an invitation for a phone interview 3/16/2013 I was then offered a F2F interview, which took place on 3/23/2016. The interview environment was extremely comfortable and the lady who interviewed me was super chill and laid back. My interview was only 2 days ago, so at this point I'm waiting on a response, but I'm pretty sure I will get a job offer 😏

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were faced with a difficult situation that you could not resolve.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Waste Management (Lombard, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very chill. The lady that interviewed me was very nice I didn't feel like I was being interviewed. We went threw my work history and asked me basic interview questions. Then she went into detail about the position an always the process (background checks etc)

Interview Questions

• How would I handle an irritated customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not an negotiation phase I was pleased with the offer they gave

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Germantown, WI) in October 2015.

Interview

You had to apply online, then there was phone interview, three inperson interviews of which two of the hiring managers were not present. I waited more than 45 days to get answer in which no one called me, I called them and in which I was told that I did not get the position and to reapply in 6-12 months

Interview Questions

• What can you bring the company   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waste Management (Germantown, WI) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview was short quick and easy. Interviewed wit two people they were pleasant, but not too professional. Typical interview questions felt as if I had a great overall experience they had me thinking I was going to be given a job offer. A week later got a email telling me although it was great learning about your skills qualifications we have decided to go with a more qualified candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for waste management?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Apply online , phone interview , in person interview , tour of call center , listen to calls , talk to other CSR's, then job offer . Thank thank thank thank thank thank thank thank you.

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Lombard, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with two women, they were very professional and direct they were really trying to tell me a lot about the company to sell me on working there. They talk a lot about the pros and how much the company is worth a lot

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit to work for Wastemanagement   1 Answer