Waste Management Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Waste Management Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2017

2.5

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Applied online, passed initial online skill test, receiving a call to interview within 2 weeks. While waiting to be walked into the building, an employee appeared to be walking off the job while a male manager was following her trying to prevent her from leaving. Interviewed with a recruiter and a hiring manager; both who had not seen my resume. Spent 1/2 hour going over my resume LINE BY LINE, answering SEVERAL behavior questions, only to be told by the recruiter she couldn't answer my questions about the job and that a hiring manager would be the best person to speak to. Waited approx. 10 minutes for hiring manager to arrive, only to be asked MORE questions. I present my questions, received my answers and was told I would hear something by Friday. Received a thank you but no thank response by email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to use a different method to accomplish a task.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Waste Management

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Pasadena, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online 11-4 received call from HR around two days after, went over my resume over the phone . I was informed to resend my resume because when applied I copied and paste my my iPad . Never recieved email , called HR back (ruby) and again went over the same resume sent before ,she clearly didn't remember who and what I applied for ! She then instructed me I will be scheduled for an interview but then I recieved an email hours later with a thanks but no thanks. I didn't see the purpose of our going back and fourth but whatever :)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself . Go over every line in your resume!   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Apply online , phone interview , in person interview , tour of call center , listen to calls , talk to other CSR's, then job offer . Thank thank thank thank thank thank thank thank you.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

very easy first you get an over the phone interview than you go down to the facility and meet with a supervisor and they ask you the typical interview questions than in about 2-3 weeks you will get a call back offering you the job and they will let you know the next training class.

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Waste Management (Lombard, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very chill. The lady that interviewed me was very nice I didn't feel like I was being interviewed. We went threw my work history and asked me basic interview questions. Then she went into detail about the position an always the process (background checks etc)

Interview Questions

• How would I handle an irritated customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not an negotiation phase I was pleased with the offer they gave

Anonymous Employee in Oak Harbor, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waste Management (Oak Harbor, WA) in April 2011.

Interview

I applied online and about two weeks later received a telephone call from a recruiter who wanted to talk to me! I promptly called her back and she gave me a quick overview of the position followed by a phone interview. After she was done she told me I'd passed the first stage and scheduled me for a sit down interview three days later.

I just got back from my sit down offer! I was offered the job right after the interview!
    I got there, had to fill out a paper application, then was taken upstairs and interviewed in a 1:1 setting in a nice, quiet office. They ask you to briefly describe your work history, then they begin asking the questions. My interviewer described the interview as "story time" as the questions are mostly situational and ask how you acted in certain situations.
    It was an overall great experience! Do your homework on the company, dress professionally and believe in yourself!

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult customer situation you've ever encountered.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you made the wrong decision about something and what the consequences were.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when something in your life disrupted your work. How do you go about handling the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't need to negotiate -- what they offered was awesome!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Waste Management (Vancouver, WA) in June 2012.

Interview

From the time of application and response for an interview was rapid and I was grateful to get any response. The interviews were divided up into alpha sections at designated time slots. The interview was pleasant and direct. Afterwards I felt the interviewer really liked her job and show a great deal of pride in the company. It was refreshing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what attracted you to work for Waste Connections.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a difficult situation you had to deal with at a previous job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Waste Management (Detroit, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a bunch of hypthical questions from my previous employers. What would I do if this happened or that happened? It was very easy laid back process. It took about 15 mins to fully complete.

Interview Questions

• how do you deal with a irate customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Lombard, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with two women, they were very professional and direct they were really trying to tell me a lot about the company to sell me on working there. They talk a lot about the pros and how much the company is worth a lot

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit to work for Wastemanagement   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Marietta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online 3/8/2016 & received an invitation for a phone interview 3/16/2013 I was then offered a F2F interview, which took place on 3/23/2016. The interview environment was extremely comfortable and the lady who interviewed me was super chill and laid back. My interview was only 2 days ago, so at this point I'm waiting on a response, but I'm pretty sure I will get a job offer 😏

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were faced with a difficult situation that you could not resolve.   Answer Question