Waste Management Customer Service Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Waste Management Customer Service Supervisor Interview Questions

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2013.

Interview

The job opening was posted on the company web-site and both internal and external applicants were welcomed to apply. There was a phone interview with the company recruiter and then a second and final interview with the customer service manager. The interview questions used the star approach and I was asked to build on past experiences to answer the questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a decision you made that was a failure. What happened and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered the position and told the salary. I came back with a counter-offer that was 20% higher. The hiring manager offered a starting amount 10% higher than his first offer and I accepted the position.

Other Interview Reviews for Waste Management

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wixom, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Waste Management (Wixom, MI) in December 2012.

Interview

This was the most unprofessional interview/hiring process I have ever been privvy to:

When I arrived to the interview I was seated in front of the entire staff in a very uncomfortable chair, then had to wait over 35 minutes for my interviewer to arrive. I was concerned that they had forgotten me, and was about to ask the receptionist to check or reschedule when the interviewer finally showed up. There was a brief apology, but no explanation at all. This should have been my first clue.

The interview was very boring, to be honest. I don't know if the interviewers were just tired of interviewing by 3:45 in the afternoon, but they just didn't seem interested at all and at one point one of them yawned. It happens, I know, but kind of insulting after I had been waiting all that time. I feel like even if I was the best candidate out there, I probably wouldn't have gotten a fair shake. They seemed more concerned about checking off the required questions than really listening to me respond and provide answers. Very frustrating." In addition, I asked for a business card from each interviewer and was told they didn't have any with them, so I could not follow up with a thank you. At that point though, I knew I didn't want these two to be my bosses anyway, so it really wasn't that much of an issue.

I interviewed for this job the first week of December and just today (1/23/13) I got a rejection e-mail. During this time period, I have attempted to contact the recruiter on a weekly basis and never got a response at all. No phone call, no e-mail. All I was looking for was a status update--was I still being considered? Rejected? Would there be a round 2 interview? Then today, I finally get the canned e-mail response. I consider the entire process to be very unprofessional. I'm not upset that I didn't get the offer--that's OK--I'm just upset at the way I was treated during the process. But, with unemployment what it is in Michigan I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Interview Questions

• It has been so long since I interviewed that I don't remember the questions anymore, sorry. What I do remember is that they are pre-selected and there is no deviating from the interview "script" at all. Be prepared for behavioral type questions and come with lots of solid examples of "tell me about a time when....   Answer Question