Waste Management Dispatcher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Waste Management Dispatcher Interview Questions

Interviews at Waste Management

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waste Management (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2010.

Interview

I recieved a call from the HR Department wanting to discuss a position i did not apply for but my information flagged a red light as a good candidate for the position. The HR lady was very nice she gave me a lot of information on what to expect throughout the interview process and seemed extremely willing to make sure I made a great impression. The interview went very well, the two interviewers that I had were very knowledgeable about the position and the company. They both gave me a great perpective of the goods and the bads of the position. (I think this is good because it helps them to get a view of the persons facial expressions when they hear the bad news) The interview questions were very standard, and for the first time during an interview the interviewers actually seemed like they were listening to what i was saying and not just going through the "head nod" motions. Overall it was a great experience and certainly a great company to beginning a career.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had gone above and beyond to satisfy a customer?   Answer Question
  • What strengths do you think you can bring to this company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The pay was negotiable. The health insurance and benefit package is already amazing so no negotiation was necessary. If you are looking for a job not just with Waste Management but with any company make sure you are getting what you feel you deserve. Accepting a low paying job is only going to make the economy worst and lower your self-worth and self-esteem.

Other Interview Reviews for Waste Management

Dispatcher Interview

Interview

You are called in for an interview. They did not ask any questions out of the ordinary. Once you complete the interview, you get to sit down with one of the current employees and observe them while they are dispatching. After the interview, they reach back to you within a week from my experience. It may be different depending on locations or the role you are applying for

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Area Manager and Dispatch Supervisor they were very nice and asked me to tell them what I did at my last dispatch job, they also asked me what my weakness and strength area was, they told me about the company and what they do. I was pretty impressed and excited when she asked me if given the job when could I start, of course I told them immediately, but I have not been called back. My interview was 9/18 and since I didn't hear from them I sent a follow up email to the Dispatch Supervisor on 9/24 and he said they were still doing interviews and would make a decision around 10/10 because the Area Manager was out on vacation. Not loosing hope.

Dispatcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management in August 2014.

Interview

First they do an in person interview with either the Dispatch Supervisor or Area Dispatch Manager. Explain a time when you've had to work as a team. Explain a time when you had a conflict and how you solved the conflict. What's your strengths/weaknesses? etc. Then they take you into the dispatcher center and let you mingle among the employees while they work and they ask you questions that they think of, which is usually pretty close to the questions you were asked in the first interview. Then the employees tell their supervisor if they liked you or not the next day in their morning huddle. Very interesting interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

First they offered me 15.85/hr. I said that I was looking for more like $18/hr and they offered me $16/hr. They didn't budge much, but I wish I had pushed one more time for a little bit higher. Also they only give 1 week vacation a year so you may be able to throw an extra week in for negotiations. Something you could try.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Franklin, TN) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a call back for an interview. When I arrived there was no one at the reception desk and I had to wait until someone walked by to notify the interviewer I was on site. I waited about 30 mins or so after that to be brought back. I felt the actual interview went well, I was asked questions about my work background and skills/education and was told they would get back to me and let me know either way. After one week I saw that the position had been reposted online, which is understandable if they did not find the right person for the job yet, it just would have been nice to have had some kind of response back from them that I did not get the position. I would have accepted a generic email, it was very frustrating.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time a customer made an unreasonable request.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ewing, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Ewing, NJ) in July 2012.

Interview

Contacted by telephone by HR department, Went on two interviews. An initial interview with a representive in the field for the company. Then a second interview with the actual manager that I would have worked under if hired. I was told that I would recieve an answer either way if I got the job within two weeks. I never heard anything from them. After ttwo months I contacted HR several times and the second interviewer. I never recieved an email, phone call, letter,nothing. Then finally HR called and said "they went another way" I don't know why you didn't get it."

Anonymous Employee in Wixom, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Wixom, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by two female members of management. Very friendly and approachable. Interview occurred within a short period of time, offered customer service rep position rather than dispatching position. All in all, a relatively comfortable interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked about strengths, weaknesses, likes, dislikes.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Portland, OR) in November 2017.

Interview

Was interviewed by 4 people and they followed the STAR questions. I had to tell them exact situations I have been in for certain safety and risk scenarios. Took about 40 min.

Interview Questions

• They asked “Give us a time when you saw a safety issue, how did you handle it and what was the end result.”   Answer Question

Dispatcher Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter, they then set up the interview. The entire process was very quick, and the Supervisor was very honest when I asked questions. Everyone in the office seemed happy and to enjoy what they are doing.

Interview Questions

• How does your application set you apart from other applicants. What makes you the right person for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wixom, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Wixom, MI) in January 2019.

Interview

The interview process was positive for me. After applying, I was asked send in a video answering a few questions. This was a one-way interview where I recorded myself responding to about 8 questions and then sent it in. They allowed you to re-record if needed and gave ample time for responses. The process was simple and the site was easy to use.

After I was selected to move ahead from this process (received a call a few weeks later) I was set up for an in-person interview at the building I would be working at. The interview was in front of two head people from their dispatch department and they both made me feel comfortable. I would say it was an average interview, questions about my work history and we talked about the company. The actual interview questions pertained to describing certain situations you've been in and how you handled them. The most difficult part for me with these questions is thinking of an exact situation on-the-spot even though I know I've handled them many times. But they were very nice and gave me time to think before I answered.

I received a call a few days later and was offered the position.
    Overall I think the interview process was fairly simple, a little more involved then some places but understandable to find the right people. Most importantly, I felt comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation you felt you may have handled in the wrong way, what happened and what you learned to do differently for the next time?   Answer Question
    • How do you prioritize when you have multiple tasks to handle? How do you decide which task to complete first?   Answer Question