Waste Management Inside Commercial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Waste Management Inside Commercial Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Waste Management

2.3

Inside Commercial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Pretty straight forward questions during the interview. Discussed your previous employment experiences. After the interview, they offer to let you sit by a current employee to see a preview of the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Waste Management

Inside Commercial Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Absolutely terrible recruiting process. Applied, then got the e-mail to set up the phone interview a couple days later. Set up the time a couple days later, pretty much all that was available. Interview was supposed to take place at 940 am on a Thurs. No call, or voicemail. I waited 45mins, than called the main recruiting number provided in a previous email. That of course is a machine, at this point I expect nothing less, leave my number for a call back. 30 mins later a recruiter calls back, I explain to her that I was suppose to have a interview at 940am. She tells me she is sorry, she has no idea where the recruiter who was supposed to call, doesn't know if she even in the office. Man great accountability WM, usually you divert people's work if they are out. By this point im not surprised, im getting an insight to the lack of focus and attention, also accountability by WM. Not the best first impression. She than tells me she can reschedule for the next available time, which was wed next week. Mind you the start date is the following Mon, so I would have to have the phone interview and than the in person the next day. This point im thinking, its their mistake not mine why should I be screwed, think again. The next day, Thurs, I get an generic email from them stating no longer being considered. Now Im really agitated and confused. How can you schedule me after you made a mistake and than now completely cancel it. I called the recruiting number again, go thru the call back process. Another recruiter calls back, I explain everything and she seems quite confused and tells me she will get into contact with original recruiter, who missed the original interview, to research and contact me. Haha, like that will happen especially how things have gone. So, I wait, no call on Monday. I already assume no interview is going to happen on Wed. I finally get a very generic voicemail, on Wed, telling me the position is closed, and I should reapply. Haha, never will I apply.

Inside Commercial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management in June 2017.

Interview

Received a request for a phone interview after applying Answered questions about my resume and technical experience. Was asked to do an in person interview the following week. I scheduled and confirmed the interview date and time. Was contacted by a different HR representative less than 24 hours before my in person interview and was told that my interview time was canceled, and if I couldn't change my interview time to 3 hours later I would not receive an interview. When I explained I was to make that time with such little notice I was told "It's up to you. If you want to show up you can interview at that time." I declined and will not be considering them for future employment to their unprofessionalism.

Inside Commercial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

quick 10-12 min phone with a recruiter - she was def. in a hurry.... Told me the job only paid $14.00 per hour - hmmmm.. Looking HERE it says around $37,000.00 year.

Interview Questions

• give me an example of you using a sales tech. and your results.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waste Management (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

provide examples of sales experience, when you have a difficult situation and what did you do. lady was friendly and nice. not sure if works , building is very big trainers are extra up beat. cafe food is pretty good.

Interview Questions

• example of when you had to deal with someone difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

good

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Waste Management (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

I received a recruitment phone call regarding the position on my voicemail, I read up on the position it sounded of interest, so I applied online. I returned the recruiters call the following day, and a telephone interview was arrange for me. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. After completing the phone interview, I was extended an offer to come to the campus for a face to face interview. I meet with the department supervisor, had a 20 minute interview, after which I was given a tour of the office. I was extended an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you helped a customer by going beyond and above?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you have helped another co-worker with technology?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Waste Management?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oak Harbor, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Oak Harbor, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

When I walked into the call center to go to the meeting room, there were many employees on the phones. Some of them looked up at me and smiled. LOVED THE FEELING. The interview was very informative and excellent questions were asked. I was comfortable answering everything.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer used a phrase I was unfamiliar with. I asked her if she could define the phrase, she did and I was able to answer her question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation - hourly rate and bonus.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2014.

Interview

you wait in the lobby for about 10 to 20 min a manager walks out and takes you into a small room looks at your resume then asking a few questions walks you around the building and lets you know you got the job

Interview Questions

• basic call center questions about scheduled breaks lunches and work experiences   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Waste Management (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2013.

Interview

phone interview, then in person, then got offered the position
    walked in, met with 2 manager, interview too about 30 minutes total. simple basic questions. afterwards briefly showed me around.

Interview Questions

• strengths, weaknesses, situations dealing with sales and customers. basic   Answer Question

Inside Commercial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

I came from a temp agency so I interviewed with them first then sent to WM. I interviewed briefly with someone from HR then spoke to a commercial supervisor. The interview was brief, they were hiring about 20 people at the time so I think that's why it was so rushed.