Waste Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Residential Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online . Received phone interview the next day. Then was scheduled for face to face interview on the phone for then next week. Got offered at the end of interview . The place was VERY VERY CLEAN . So amazing . Great ppl all nice people

Interview Questions

• How important is safety ?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time when something unsafe happened . What did you do and how did you make it safe ?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time something went wrong on the job what did you do ?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time you and a coworker had a big disagreement. What happened and how did you resolve?   1 Answer

Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

Somewhat of an intense process. Company has list of difficult questions some interviewers use. Plus they also use some of their own questions. Drug, alcohol, background checks. Moved pretty quick after first interview.

Welder Container Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Sacramento, KY) in April 2017.

Interview

telephone interview now scheduled for in person. she called me while i was driving and i was pretty confident overall and and and and and and and and and and and

Interview Questions

• what is the strictest safety rule youve had follow   2 Answers

Digital Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waste Management (Germantown, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

I completed a phone interview, grammar test and F2F interview the same week. Both the phone and F2F interviewers were extremely friendly and knowledgeable. Looking forward to working with an awesome group of people.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to resolve an escalated situation?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you've had multiple tasks to complete and how you went about completing the tasks?   Answer Question

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Waste Management (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

The first part of the interview process was the phone interview, which went quite well. The interviewer was very pleasant and did not grill me like a lot or other companies seemed to do.

Interview Questions

• Q. What sort of customer service experience do you have?
      Q. Tell me an experience you had with a customer where you just could not please them?
      Q How did you handle that situation?
      1 Answer
    • Q. How do you handle irate customers?   1 Answer
    • Q. I was asked to do a mock phone call.   1 Answer

Interview

Meeting with multiple managers to discuss examples that coordinate with the jobs roles. Reviewing your past experience and resume. High priority on resume and education. Must be well dressed and professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an example where you handled a disgrunted customer?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Very drawn out and unclear, started with a group interview, proceeded to a simple individual face to face. Did not hear word back on the outcome until over a month later.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation you encountered with a customer and how did you resolve it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The entire process took a very long time (over 1 month). Negotiations do not take place unless you make it clear you have another offer.

Residential Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okeechobee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waste Management (Okeechobee, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

The manager lets you know the job is very physical and isn't for everyone. It was a good interview that lets you find out anything you want to know about the company as well as them getting to know you. Overall the manager was very professional and answered all my questions and I was satisfied with the information he gave.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to the company if brought on board?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

they ask pre made questions from a computer, it was apparent that they were just going through the steps of hiring made you think they weren't happy working there and that they didn't support their fellow employees. I would have thought such a big Company would have better district managers or at least more professional ones.

Interview Questions

• negative questions about your work performance and biggest accomplishments and how you achieved them.   1 Answer

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (New York, NY).

Interview

Received a email to set up a phone interview within a week. The talent acquisition person kept me updated which was great. Phone interview was good, I didn't feel like I was being interrogated. Few days later I got anther email to do an interview in person at the site. Interviewed with 3 people which included the person who was promoted from this position. They asked different questions on what I would do given certain situations. They explained how they all work well together and how the site runs. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• What made you interested in applying for this position?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a coworker if a Route Manager asked you to ask them to do something and they didn't want to?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a driver/truck needed a part but the manager was not in office?   Answer Question

Accountant I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter who was very rude and unprofessional. Made inappropiate comments regarding my length of time at current job and education. The tone of her questions were unprofessional, had a bit of an attitude. Talked over me and overall just seemed like she was not really interested, just doing it because she was forced to because of her job. Really turned me off to the company.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for a new job so soon? So when did you start looking? 3 months in, 6 months?   1 Answer