Waste Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Residential Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online . Received phone interview the next day. Then was scheduled for face to face interview on the phone for then next week. Got offered at the end of interview . The place was VERY VERY CLEAN . So amazing . Great ppl all nice people

Interview Questions

• How important is safety ?   5 Answers
    • Tell me about a time when something unsafe happened . What did you do and how did you make it safe ?   3 Answers
    • Tell me about a time something went wrong on the job what did you do ?   3 Answers
    • Tell me about a time you and a coworker had a big disagreement. What happened and how did you resolve?   2 Answers

Commercial Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Atlanta, GA) in May 2011.

Interview

First talked to a recruiter on the phone, then in person interview with two managers, asked about previous sales experience. It was a conversation about sales techniques and my own questions about the corporate culture and upward mobility. Not a tough interview at all.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you saved a potential cancellation account.   1 Answer

Community OUtreach Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

I met with four people in two different sessions. The first session was 1:1 with the hiring manager, not an HR person, then I met with the rest of the team and the higher up manager. The team was friendly, very informative, and clear about what they were expecting, and the hiring process. I was told that a decision would be made in a few days and they held to their estimate.

Interview Questions

• They were very clear about what they would ask and they stuck to thier plan. Nothing was unexpected.   Answer Question

Community Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Waste Management (Santa Ana, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

It was fairly simple, just the one interview. The interviewer was very personable and asked pretty standard questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. The process was almost so quick that you find yourself employed without knowing it.

Interview Questions

• What does Waste Management offer specifically, that other companies do not, that makes you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Do not be afraid to negotiate on salary. Take your time in going through the process and don't sign anything unless you are completely satisfied.

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Kingston, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Had a conversation with a recruiter, then an interview with the hiring manager. The next step was speaking to the area manager, then an offer conversation with the hiring manager.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

None. Applied online. Very experienced in Sales. Over 5 weeks and not even an email saying they hired someone else or weren't interested. I would suggest applying in person if you can or reaching out to someone personally who already works there. I have accepted a position at another company because of the lack of response. Recruiter/HR is either overwhelmed, lazy or incompetent. They have been advertising all the same positions in inside and outside sales repeatedly for the many months. It can't be that difficult to hire someone for these low to mid-range positions and it makes you wonder if they are having high turn over due to the constant hiring for these positions.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waste Management (Houston, TX) in July 2009.

Interview

Not too bad, simple 1:1 interview that lasted about 45 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Raleigh, NC) in March 2014.

Interview

face to face interview more of a get to know you and your personality rather than cookie cutter questions. I was able to answer more on my experience and what I do to make connections rather than have to answer "basic" interview questions. Not a why should I hire you but more of a what do you know about the company and how can you help benefit the team.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the territory?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Waste Management (Commerce, CA).

Interview

First phone call for over the phone interview-was very casual. Then 2nd call for a in personal interview. Meet with supervisor - still very casual. specific question why do you want to work for waste management.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Raleigh, NC) in December 2014.

Interview

First, a recruiter calls and talks through the position. He then schedules an interview.
    The interview lasted about an hour for me. Pretty casual setting. No panel, just one-on-one. Hard to gauge response of interviewer.
    Pay is $45,000 base + 20% commission. This position goes up to $1000 a week contracts. Larger accounts are taken by a large-account specialist.

Interview Questions

• Define 'pipeline'. Lots of technical questions from a 30 page file from corporate. He did not ask all the listed questions, but there is a very structured script that dictates the interview.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management in November 2011.

Interview

The local people I interviewed with were very nice. I was a referral, but had to formally apply to the position, which was expected. Turns out there is little communication between the local office and the corporate recruiters - I actually received a decline email from the corporate recruiters while I was in the middle of my second interview. (I got the job).

Interview Questions

• Love to win or hate to lose?   1 Answer