Waste Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Residential Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online . Received phone interview the next day. Then was scheduled for face to face interview on the phone for then next week. Got offered at the end of interview . The place was VERY VERY CLEAN . So amazing . Great ppl all nice people

Interview Questions

• How important is safety ?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time when something unsafe happened . What did you do and how did you make it safe ?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time something went wrong on the job what did you do ?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time you and a coworker had a big disagreement. What happened and how did you resolve?   1 Answer

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Austin, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

Safety questions about the job in general. The also asked was I willing to work outside. They also asked about finishing the job in a timely manner. They also asked me about operating heavy vehicles and a few CDL QUESTIONS

Residential Driver Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

I was interviewed by one of the route managers when I went to a job fair they had. We talked about my previous work experience, driving experience, he explained the position, and I was then offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had difficulty working with a group of people   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO).

Interview

Very quick and simple. Applied online and received a call from corporate recruiter soon thereafter. After a phone interview with the corporate recruiter going over the basic initial questions, I had to complete a short, 5-question online situational questionnaire that recorded video. It was a very simple questionnaire with MAYBE one behavioral-based question--and you got to think about your answer before recording. Then had an in-office interview with the sales manager. It wasn't an interview--more of him telling me the responsibilities of the role and a bit about the market and company itself. He didn't ask me any questions outside of what my previous job was like. Next I spoke to the Area sales manager about a week later, and it was similar--he only asked me a couple of generic questions about my previous experience and my personal history. They seemed to be interested more in how you present yourself and communicate in a quick interaction than on delving into your thought process/sales process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What did you do at your previous role?   Answer Question

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Portland, OR) in November 2017.

Interview

Was interviewed by 4 people and they followed the STAR questions. I had to tell them exact situations I have been in for certain safety and risk scenarios. Took about 40 min.

Interview Questions

• They asked “Give us a time when you saw a safety issue, how did you handle it and what was the end result.”   Answer Question

Heavy Equipment Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Waste Management (Tulsa, OK) in November 2017.

Interview

Set up a phone interview via e-mail, the lady had many questions pertinent to the job qualifications and regarding my experience in past employment. She was courteous and honest, and gave a general salary base for the job posted.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

So far am not impressed with this company at all! At the end of phone interview was scheduled for the face to face interview. Received two emails confirming that time and giving instructions on parking etc. The email did state it would consist of a group orientation, a shadowing of a csr, and an individual interview. It said to dress professionally which I felt overdressed the second I parked, because everyone there was in jeans except the other individuals awaiting interviews. I parked in parking garage and walked down four flights of stairs in heels. After sitting in the lobby over 20 minutes with the other potential candidates, a guy came out and told us they would be rescheduling and that they weren't suppose to have any interviews today because of an event. This would've been nice to know before I got dressed and drove 40 minutes to sit in a lobby for 25 minutes. I really need a job but am very unpleased with this companies organization skills and that they feel it's okay to waste people's time! Also, everywhere I've read on here the starting wage is at least $14 an hour. On the phone interview she asked what my minimum salary requirements are and when I stated I'd expect at least $13 an hour, she said the position pays $13.50, am I okay with that? I said yes and planned to negotiate later considering everyone else claimed they pay $14-14.87. This company needs to get its act together ASAP!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Applied two times, finally got an email to set up phone interview which went great, all the normal pre interview questions. Then got set up F2F interview. Arrived at the surpise of a group interview of 5 other applicant's it was a very friendly chill copacetic feel, which was great because I've had a group before, everyone participated. Then went to sit a CSR to get a feel of what we might be doing. After that I was pulled into a cubicle for an interview with a sup, very friendly since, I was nervous she asked questions then gave me a script to read, a mock call test was given to see if we can type and take a call at the same time. Wasn't to prescise on the directions, but I did okay. Got the call a day later for the offer, filled out onboading docs online and completed drug test, just waiting on recruiter to reach out to me with the start date which could be Oct 2 or in November.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you've delt with a difficult customer ?   1 Answer
    • How have you delt with a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty easy

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Miami, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

I did a phone interview and they ask some question then I ask some at the end of the interview. It went very well looking forward for a call back from them.

Interview

Interview Questions

• They come in ask you normal customer service questions. You go to one interview and they almost always hire everyone that goes in due to the high turn over rate for quits   1 Answer

Route Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Initial phone screen done by Recruiter.
    Job specific questions, scenario questions. Very detailed questions. Went very well, was extended a secondary interview via phone with the operations manager at the facility.
    Was told I would have a meeting with the regional manager... Never followed up with me. I reached out after a few weeks and was told that the position has been filled.
    The lack of communication alone is reason enough for me to stay where I am.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. What was the outcome?   Answer Question