Waste Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Residential Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online . Received phone interview the next day. Then was scheduled for face to face interview on the phone for then next week. Got offered at the end of interview . The place was VERY VERY CLEAN . So amazing . Great ppl all nice people

Interview Questions

• How important is safety ?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time when something unsafe happened . What did you do and how did you make it safe ?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time something went wrong on the job what did you do ?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time you and a coworker had a big disagreement. What happened and how did you resolve?   1 Answer

Route Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Initial phone screen done by Recruiter.
    Job specific questions, scenario questions. Very detailed questions. Went very well, was extended a secondary interview via phone with the operations manager at the facility.
    Was told I would have a meeting with the regional manager... Never followed up with me. I reached out after a few weeks and was told that the position has been filled.
    The lack of communication alone is reason enough for me to stay where I am.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Inside Commercial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

quick 10-12 min phone with a recruiter - she was def. in a hurry.... Told me the job only paid $14.00 per hour - hmmmm.. Looking HERE it says around $37,000.00 year.

Interview Questions

• give me an example of you using a sales tech. and your results.   Answer Question

Area Manager Customer Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foxborough, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Foxborough, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screening by recruiter, followed by a "virtual interview" where I was asked to respond to 8 interview questions with a video recorded response via webcam, followed by a face-to-face interview with the Director. From initial phone screen to the decision took 4 weeks

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you regretted a decision you made, what was the impact, and what would you have done differently?   Answer Question

Residential Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnsville, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Burnsville, MN) in August 2017.

Interview

The process is long as it was difficult for me to get an offer. I was persistent and had a total of 4 recruitment interviews and 3 face to face. HR contacts you after you apply to a position if you meet the criteria. I received server all emails stating they were moving on with other candidates. The recruiter may give a phone interview in which if successful they will schedule an interview at the location. Recruiters don't actually work at the desired location they are located in Illinois. At the location you will meet with a route manager and be asked a serious of required questions. Either you will receive an offer or an email stating they have chosen to move forward with other candidates. Be persistent and go to hiring events!

Interview Questions

• Why is safety important?
      Tell me about a time when it was difficult to work with a co worker? What did you do?
      Tell me a time you were unsafe? What did you do? How did you correct it?
      What safety duties do you do for your current job?   Answer Question

Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

3 telephone interviews before a scheduled phone interview with maintenance manager. During the interview I received similar questions from all three HR reps covering the basics needed to know.

Interview Questions

• What kind of safety precautions did you have to follow at your previous job site?   Answer Question

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Was interviewed by one person , she took me into a conference room and welcomed me. I felt very comfortable with her which helped as I did not feel nervous answering her questions. She really did not interview me well, just asked me what I did at my last job and had no follow-up questions regarding my functions or responsibility . She did not delve into my past experience nor ask me about my computer software skills. She made more than one reference to the fact that work had been added onto her plate, which I thought was a bit unprofessional. I got the impression she wasn't all that happy there. I think I dodged a bullet not getting the job. Plus WM is notorious for laying off people and off sourcing jobs to India. She told me they would decide in a few weeks. About two weeks after the interview I got a form reject email from the Corporate office.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The individual I interviewed with was rude and cut me off after the first question. He would ask a question and then move on to the next before I got two sentences out. It was as if he had ADD or something?

I then followed-up after the interview and never heard anything from the recruiter. Not even a "Thanks, but we've decided to move on".

It was great because I quickly realized if they are hiring this type of person to do the hiring, then the company culture would be the same; unprofessional, cocky and rude with a toxic atmosphere.

I would try Republic Services if you’re interested in the industry. Stay away at all costs!!!

Inside Commercial Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Absolutely terrible recruiting process. Applied, then got the e-mail to set up the phone interview a couple days later. Set up the time a couple days later, pretty much all that was available. Interview was supposed to take place at 940 am on a Thurs. No call, or voicemail. I waited 45mins, than called the main recruiting number provided in a previous email. That of course is a machine, at this point I expect nothing less, leave my number for a call back. 30 mins later a recruiter calls back, I explain to her that I was suppose to have a interview at 940am. She tells me she is sorry, she has no idea where the recruiter who was supposed to call, doesn't know if she even in the office. Man great accountability WM, usually you divert people's work if they are out. By this point im not surprised, im getting an insight to the lack of focus and attention, also accountability by WM. Not the best first impression. She than tells me she can reschedule for the next available time, which was wed next week. Mind you the start date is the following Mon, so I would have to have the phone interview and than the in person the next day. This point im thinking, its their mistake not mine why should I be screwed, think again. The next day, Thurs, I get an generic email from them stating no longer being considered. Now Im really agitated and confused. How can you schedule me after you made a mistake and than now completely cancel it. I called the recruiting number again, go thru the call back process. Another recruiter calls back, I explain everything and she seems quite confused and tells me she will get into contact with original recruiter, who missed the original interview, to research and contact me. Haha, like that will happen especially how things have gone. So, I wait, no call on Monday. I already assume no interview is going to happen on Wed. I finally get a very generic voicemail, on Wed, telling me the position is closed, and I should reapply. Haha, never will I apply.

Scale House Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waste Management (Temple, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview, next day was called for a face to face interview the following week. They asked a few scenario questions and that's about it. Overall the interviewing process took a week for me.

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Arlington, OR) in July 2017.

Interview

Easy onsite interview. Almost no technical questions. Everyone was very nice. The manager said he would make a decision the next week but I got no follow up at all until the rejection email came 6 weeks later. I also never got reimbursed for my travel even after sending the form in the next day.