Waste Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

127 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The individual I interviewed with was rude and cut me off after the first question. He would ask a question and then move on to the next before I got two sentences out. It was as if he had ADD or something?

I then followed-up after the interview and never heard anything from the recruiter. Not even a "Thanks, but we've decided to move on".

It was great because I quickly realized if they are hiring this type of person to do the hiring, then the company culture would be the same; unprofessional, cocky and rude with a toxic atmosphere.

I would try Republic Services if you’re interested in the industry. Stay away at all costs!!!

Inside Commercial Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Absolutely terrible recruiting process. Applied, then got the e-mail to set up the phone interview a couple days later. Set up the time a couple days later, pretty much all that was available. Interview was supposed to take place at 940 am on a Thurs. No call, or voicemail. I waited 45mins, than called the main recruiting number provided in a previous email. That of course is a machine, at this point I expect nothing less, leave my number for a call back. 30 mins later a recruiter calls back, I explain to her that I was suppose to have a interview at 940am. She tells me she is sorry, she has no idea where the recruiter who was supposed to call, doesn't know if she even in the office. Man great accountability WM, usually you divert people's work if they are out. By this point im not surprised, im getting an insight to the lack of focus and attention, also accountability by WM. Not the best first impression. She than tells me she can reschedule for the next available time, which was wed next week. Mind you the start date is the following Mon, so I would have to have the phone interview and than the in person the next day. This point im thinking, its their mistake not mine why should I be screwed, think again. The next day, Thurs, I get an generic email from them stating no longer being considered. Now Im really agitated and confused. How can you schedule me after you made a mistake and than now completely cancel it. I called the recruiting number again, go thru the call back process. Another recruiter calls back, I explain everything and she seems quite confused and tells me she will get into contact with original recruiter, who missed the original interview, to research and contact me. Haha, like that will happen especially how things have gone. So, I wait, no call on Monday. I already assume no interview is going to happen on Wed. I finally get a very generic voicemail, on Wed, telling me the position is closed, and I should reapply. Haha, never will I apply.

Scale House Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waste Management (Temple, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview, next day was called for a face to face interview the following week. They asked a few scenario questions and that's about it. Overall the interviewing process took a week for me.

Inside Commercial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management in June 2017.

Interview

Received a request for a phone interview after applying Answered questions about my resume and technical experience. Was asked to do an in person interview the following week. I scheduled and confirmed the interview date and time. Was contacted by a different HR representative less than 24 hours before my in person interview and was told that my interview time was canceled, and if I couldn't change my interview time to 3 hours later I would not receive an interview. When I explained I was to make that time with such little notice I was told "It's up to you. If you want to show up you can interview at that time." I declined and will not be considering them for future employment to their unprofessionalism.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management in June 2017.

Interview

They just asked about my work experience. Why do I want to work for waste management. Waiting on a email to find out if I got the position. Training starts on July 31.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a great fit for the position? Why are you leaving your current Job?   16 Answers

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Bentonville, AR) in June 2017.

Interview

Horrible and if your a Vet don't bother applying they will higher a high school diploma never did any thing in there life because some how they are more qualified than you. I will be reporting them to the EEOC form the laughter presented from my answers in the interview process. Glad I could give them a laugh they really ticked off the wrong Veteran and jacked me around the wrong way too.

Interview Questions

• Give us an experience of leadership try not to generalize. Kind of hard if you Served to do that by the way WM HR   1 Answer

Routing & Logistics Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Received an email from recruiter expressing interest in conducting an telephonic interview. After deciding the day/time, the recruiter did not called saying she placed me in her calendar for the next day. Next day again same thing happened she did not called. Upon asking I received a reply "Will get back to you soon".
    After few days upon asking I was notified that the "position was filled". Such a unethical and unprofessional attitude of employees. Never got a chance to prove my self because of recruiters mismanagement skills and not standing on schedule.
    A request to recruiter, we respect your time in return we expect the same. If you are providing a platform to any candidate kindly be professional and honest.

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Charlotte, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Port Charlotte, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

The staff at Waste Management were very nice, they gave me a breakdown of all the benefits available through the company. They also advised how the promotion process works throughout the company, along with pay raises

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Orlando, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I received an email asking me a few questions about my background and salary requirements. After that I had an in person interview that was fairly standard. Very friendly and conversational.

Interview Questions

• They asked about previous budgeting and forecasting experience.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Commerce, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The Call Center Customer Service Representative interview process involved a phone screening and then an in person interview.

The phone interview process was odd. On the day that I was supposed to be phone interviewed, I receive a call stating that the recruiter would call me at a later time. Then he apparently was available so he called me sooner than the new time. He was very hard to understand.

I passed the phone interview and then I was scheduled to interview at their call center in the City of Commerce. The recruiter did not provide proper instructions regarding parking or locating the actual customer service door other than a suite number (you’ll see what I mean). The parking lot was jammed and there are signs posted about customer parking only because the office building is shared by other companies including Wells Fargo. You get to the third floor and there are all of these different doors. I entered one door, and it was a waiting room, which appeared to be an office that use to handle in person customer service. There was a window that was covered up. The next door was closed. There was a phone, but I wasn’t given a phone number or extension to dial when I got there. I walked out of the room. Some random employee in the hallway had no idea what I was talking about (customer service dept. where is it?). I go back in the room, and I was about to start dialing names on a list near the phone when a woman walks in, and then escorts me to her office.

I interviewed with the head of the customer service department. She told me that she had been with the company for decades and that employment with the company is very stable. Everything seemed to be going great then she mentioned where I lived, which is not in Los Angeles County. She then said that she lived further than I did but that it was OK for her because she took the train. Once she made that statement, I knew that I was probably NOT going to get hired. I asked her when applicants would be notified, and she stated as soon as possible because they wanted to get training going by the start of the next month.

I received a rejection notice via e-mail six business days later. Needless to say I was very disappointed that I was not hired for a position that I was MORE than qualified for just because the supervisor didn’t like where I lived. The entire interview process became a waste of my time and money. If the local office doesn’t want employees based out of LA County, then they should state so.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult customer(something to that effect)?   Answer Question