Waste Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Residential Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online . Received phone interview the next day. Then was scheduled for face to face interview on the phone for then next week. Got offered at the end of interview . The place was VERY VERY CLEAN . So amazing . Great ppl all nice people

Interview Questions

• How important is safety ?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when something unsafe happened . What did you do and how did you make it safe ?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time something went wrong on the job what did you do ?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you and a coworker had a big disagreement. What happened and how did you resolve?   Answer Question

Interview

Meeting with multiple managers to discuss examples that coordinate with the jobs roles. Reviewing your past experience and resume. High priority on resume and education. Must be well dressed and professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an example where you handled a disgrunted customer?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Very drawn out and unclear, started with a group interview, proceeded to a simple individual face to face. Did not hear word back on the outcome until over a month later.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation you encountered with a customer and how did you resolve it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The entire process took a very long time (over 1 month). Negotiations do not take place unless you make it clear you have another offer.

Residential Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okeechobee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waste Management (Okeechobee, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

The manager lets you know the job is very physical and isn't for everyone. It was a good interview that lets you find out anything you want to know about the company as well as them getting to know you. Overall the manager was very professional and answered all my questions and I was satisfied with the information he gave.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to the company if brought on board?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

they ask pre made questions from a computer, it was apparent that they were just going through the steps of hiring made you think they weren't happy working there and that they didn't support their fellow employees. I would have thought such a big Company would have better district managers or at least more professional ones.

Interview Questions

• negative questions about your work performance and biggest accomplishments and how you achieved them.   1 Answer

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (New York, NY).

Interview

Received a email to set up a phone interview within a week. The talent acquisition person kept me updated which was great. Phone interview was good, I didn't feel like I was being interrogated. Few days later I got anther email to do an interview in person at the site. Interviewed with 3 people which included the person who was promoted from this position. They asked different questions on what I would do given certain situations. They explained how they all work well together and how the site runs. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• What made you interested in applying for this position?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a coworker if a Route Manager asked you to ask them to do something and they didn't want to?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a driver/truck needed a part but the manager was not in office?   Answer Question

Accountant I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter who was very rude and unprofessional. Made inappropiate comments regarding my length of time at current job and education. The tone of her questions were unprofessional, had a bit of an attitude. Talked over me and overall just seemed like she was not really interested, just doing it because she was forced to because of her job. Really turned me off to the company.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for a new job so soon? So when did you start looking? 3 months in, 6 months?   1 Answer

Drive Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Fairview, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

You get a phone interview with a recruiter. If the recruiter likes what he hears from the responses to the questions asked you'll get a one on one interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager interview is a bit different. The hiring manager even told me that he is not used to interviewing people and really didn't ask to many questions. It was more of a telling what the job functions were and if you are able to comply.

Interview Questions

• How important is safety to you?   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

None. Applied online. Very experienced in Sales. Over 5 weeks and not even an email saying they hired someone else or weren't interested. I would suggest applying in person if you can or reaching out to someone personally who already works there. I have accepted a position at another company because of the lack of response. Recruiter/HR is either overwhelmed, lazy or incompetent. They have been advertising all the same positions in inside and outside sales repeatedly for the many months. It can't be that difficult to hire someone for these low to mid-range positions and it makes you wonder if they are having high turn over due to the constant hiring for these positions.

Technical Lead Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Typical process is first round is telephonic conversation. It is completely technical in nature. One or two people will interview the candidate. Then they will fly you to their Windsor, CT office.
    However, in my case, I got a call that I cleared first round and asked me to come to Windsor office. No communication after that. Followed up with the recruiter. No response.

Interview Questions

• Difference between abstract class and interface   1 Answer

Conveince Site Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florence, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Waste Management (Florence, SC) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview which was very simple and straight forward. After about 3 days , I received a call from the Site Manager and was schedule for a face to face interview.