Waste Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Residential Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online . Received phone interview the next day. Then was scheduled for face to face interview on the phone for then next week. Got offered at the end of interview . The place was VERY VERY CLEAN . So amazing . Great ppl all nice people

Interview Questions

• How important is safety ?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time when something unsafe happened . What did you do and how did you make it safe ?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time something went wrong on the job what did you do ?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time you and a coworker had a big disagreement. What happened and how did you resolve?   1 Answer

Recycling Facilities Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

very long process and I felt very disgruntled as I have over 30 years experience in the field and could not get past a recruiter phone call. Ridiculous! I could have taught this "kid' recruiter things and here he was asking me questions!

Interview Questions

• All basic questions.. what would you do in this situations, how would you handle this?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Germantown, WI) in October 2015.

Interview

You had to apply online, then there was phone interview, three inperson interviews of which two of the hiring managers were not present. I waited more than 45 days to get answer in which no one called me, I called them and in which I was told that I did not get the position and to reapply in 6-12 months

Interview Questions

• What can you bring the company   1 Answer

Major Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Lombard, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

It was horrible. The recruiter had it in his mind that I was not a good fit from the start no matter how much I explained my experience would equate to the role. I really wish I would have been allowed to speak to someone else or interview in person.

Interview Questions

• If I had sales experience.   1 Answer

Route Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Waste Management (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I approached the interview very unprepared. I thought it was going to be an explanatory thing from the recruiter and didn't realize it was an interview. I was referred to the recruiter by an employment agency who just said to call this person. I wasn't very interested in the position and misunderstood the employment agencies recommendation.

Interview Questions

• If I had researched the company and position   1 Answer

Route Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Waste Management (Charlotte, NC) in May 2010.

Interview

I was recruited by head hunter. Interviewed by GM and Market Area Rep .for 6 hours. Sometime one at a time, sometimes they tag-teamed against me. The intent was to see how I reacted under stress.

Interview Questions

• The difficulty lies in the fact that the interview went on so long and was stressfull. They were looking to see if I could handle the stress and being overwhelmed by their demands   8 Answers

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate and we agreed on my wages and benefits.. Then at the last minute, they changed everything knowing I had already put in my notice.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Houston, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

Initially spoke with the internal HR recruiter. The interview process consisted of two face to face interviews and a panel interview. The first interview was with the hiring manager & project manager. Aside from discussing my general project experience, I was also asked "the Google questions". I was also asked to whiteboard one of them. The second interview was with the VP. I was also asked a few more "Google questions". The third interview was a panel interview with the senior leadership team. This consisted of the CIO and several IT VPs.

Advice: Review "the Google questions. This was the first time I was asked them, but I was prepared. Present yourself confidently. They are reading you, and may want to see how you react under pressure. Accept that, and try to understand why they ask the questions they do. The IT department is fast paced, competitive, and can be high pressure.

The work culture in IT is the epitome of corporate America. The people are smart, well educated, and competitive. Many people work 50+ hrs a week, year round.

Interview Questions

• Why is a manhole round?   1 Answer
    • How much does a 747 weigh at take off?   2 Answers
    • How many windows are there in downtown Houston?   Answer Question
    • If I hired you, what would I like the least about you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was minimal. Pay is OK, but not great. Bonus percentage is high. My advice is to only accept the offer, if it is what you are looking for. Although raises & promotions are possible, nothing comes overnight.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pompano Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Pompano Beach, FL) in November 2011.

Interview

After applying online, it took a couple of weeks for a telephone interview with an HR person from headquarters in TX. Subsequent to that I was scheduled for an in-person panel interview with 3 senior executives: Regional Sourcing Manager, VP Controller and Purchasing Director for the region. I found it to be the most intimidating and diffucult interview I have ever had. Difficult questions were asked, mostly pertaining to how to deal with personality conflicts and difficult people. My impression is that this particular Purchasing manager was very difficult to work with. He was cagey about compensation, only offering up that his people were "well compensated" but worked "very very hard." I came away from the interview with an unfavorable impression of the workplace there and was not surprised that the position was filled by another applicant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were in disagreement with how something was done at a workplace and how did you deal with it? Did you go along with it or voice your opinion?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with difficult people inside the office as well as customers?   Answer Question

Financial Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Waste Management (Indore (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

three rounds were there first one just the general intro 2 was the all about the accounts 3 was the final just to know about the salary and company norms and rules and deciding job roles.

Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

Somewhat of an intense process. Company has list of difficult questions some interviewers use. Plus they also use some of their own questions. Drug, alcohol, background checks. Moved pretty quick after first interview.

Regional Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Germantown, WI) in May 2012.

Interview

Two in-depth phone interviews, Recruiter & WM HR. In person and via video conference one hour meeting at their offices. Meeting at their offices involved both the immediate supervisor, on-site and the VP in Detroit

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you implemented a sales strategy and what were the results?   1 Answer