Waste Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Residential Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online . Received phone interview the next day. Then was scheduled for face to face interview on the phone for then next week. Got offered at the end of interview . The place was VERY VERY CLEAN . So amazing . Great ppl all nice people

Interview Questions

• How important is safety ?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time when something unsafe happened . What did you do and how did you make it safe ?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time something went wrong on the job what did you do ?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time you and a coworker had a big disagreement. What happened and how did you resolve?   1 Answer

Customer Service/Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wixom, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Wixom, MI).

Interview

This was a pretty easy, straightforward process. Had a telephone screening call and then went in for a interview. Met with HR and took a typing test after the test was passed, I interviewed with a peer and then met with the hiring manager.
    They offered me a position before I left.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Commerce, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The Call Center Customer Service Representative interview process involved a phone screening and then an in person interview.

The phone interview process was odd. On the day that I was supposed to be phone interviewed, I receive a call stating that the recruiter would call me at a later time. Then he apparently was available so he called me sooner than the new time. He was very hard to understand.

I passed the phone interview and then I was scheduled to interview at their call center in the City of Commerce. The recruiter did not provide proper instructions regarding parking or locating the actual customer service door other than a suite number (you’ll see what I mean). The parking lot was jammed and there are signs posted about customer parking only because the office building is shared by other companies including Wells Fargo. You get to the third floor and there are all of these different doors. I entered one door, and it was a waiting room, which appeared to be an office that use to handle in person customer service. There was a window that was covered up. The next door was closed. There was a phone, but I wasn’t given a phone number or extension to dial when I got there. I walked out of the room. Some random employee in the hallway had no idea what I was talking about (customer service dept. where is it?). I go back in the room, and I was about to start dialing names on a list near the phone when a woman walks in, and then escorts me to her office.

I interviewed with the head of the customer service department. She told me that she had been with the company for decades and that employment with the company is very stable. Everything seemed to be going great then she mentioned where I lived, which is not in Los Angeles County. She then said that she lived further than I did but that it was OK for her because she took the train. Once she made that statement, I knew that I was probably NOT going to get hired. I asked her when applicants would be notified, and she stated as soon as possible because they wanted to get training going by the start of the next month.

I received a rejection notice via e-mail six business days later. Needless to say I was very disappointed that I was not hired for a position that I was MORE than qualified for just because the supervisor didn’t like where I lived. The entire interview process became a waste of my time and money. If the local office doesn’t want employees based out of LA County, then they should state so.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult customer(something to that effect)?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Orlando, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I received an email asking me a few questions about my background and salary requirements. After that I had an in person interview that was fairly standard. Very friendly and conversational.

Interview Questions

• They asked about previous budgeting and forecasting experience.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Waste Management (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview process was more info gathering and character assessment. There was one star question at the end but I enjoyed the candidness of the process. There was 2 gentleman who conducted the interview and they took me out onto the floor after.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision at work and it didn't turn out so well.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indore (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Indore (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

there were 3 rounds and first round intro and 2 round ops and there round was all about company rules and regulation.and all that all the interview process was very new and quite sinple.

Financial Processor Interview

Application

Interview

there were 3 rounds on the basis of our intro ops round and 3 the company norms and rules.and it was good all the rounds were not muct difficult as it was not very hard..

Financial Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Waste Management (Indore (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

three rounds were there first one just the general intro 2 was the all about the accounts 3 was the final just to know about the salary and company norms and rules and deciding job roles.

Information Technology Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Lawn, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Oak Lawn, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Online and then a phone interview. Very straightforward. Realized that job probably wasn't a good fit. Still, HR was candid and professional. Would consider another role there in the future.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Waste Management (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

The first part of the interview process was the phone interview, which went quite well. The interviewer was very pleasant and did not grill me like a lot or other companies seemed to do.

Interview Questions

• Q. What sort of customer service experience do you have?
      Q. Tell me an experience you had with a customer where you just could not please them?
      Q How did you handle that situation?
      1 Answer
    • Q. How do you handle irate customers?   1 Answer
    • Q. I was asked to do a mock phone call.   1 Answer

Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

Somewhat of an intense process. Company has list of difficult questions some interviewers use. Plus they also use some of their own questions. Drug, alcohol, background checks. Moved pretty quick after first interview.