Waste Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.7

Rolloff Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Camden, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

Fue muy buena el gerente fue genial me agradó lo único que tenía que tener experiencia para el puesto ....pero si no dan la oportunidad nunca tendré la experiencia de trabajo

Drive Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Fairview, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

You get a phone interview with a recruiter. If the recruiter likes what he hears from the responses to the questions asked you'll get a one on one interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager interview is a bit different. The hiring manager even told me that he is not used to interviewing people and really didn't ask to many questions. It was more of a telling what the job functions were and if you are able to comply.

Interview Questions

• How important is safety to you?   1 Answer

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (New York, NY).

Interview

Received a email to set up a phone interview within a week. The talent acquisition person kept me updated which was great. Phone interview was good, I didn't feel like I was being interrogated. Few days later I got anther email to do an interview in person at the site. Interviewed with 3 people which included the person who was promoted from this position. They asked different questions on what I would do given certain situations. They explained how they all work well together and how the site runs. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• What made you interested in applying for this position?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a coworker if a Route Manager asked you to ask them to do something and they didn't want to?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a driver/truck needed a part but the manager was not in office?   Answer Question

Accountant I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter who was very rude and unprofessional. Made inappropiate comments regarding my length of time at current job and education. The tone of her questions were unprofessional, had a bit of an attitude. Talked over me and overall just seemed like she was not really interested, just doing it because she was forced to because of her job. Really turned me off to the company.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for a new job so soon? So when did you start looking? 3 months in, 6 months?   1 Answer

Driver Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waste Management (Columbia, SC) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was not alot of detail question. Seems like they have someone in mind for position. Was greatful for interview will apply for future positions. The company is a outstanding company with great track record and benefits.

Interview Questions

• Why did i want to work for the company   1 Answer

Technical Lead Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Typical process is first round is telephonic conversation. It is completely technical in nature. One or two people will interview the candidate. Then they will fly you to their Windsor, CT office.
    However, in my case, I got a call that I cleared first round and asked me to come to Windsor office. No communication after that. Followed up with the recruiter. No response.

Interview Questions

• Difference between abstract class and interface   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tupelo, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Tupelo, MS).

Interview

I interviwed for the position. Great work history. Many years of call center experience. The job went to a younger, less experienced person. I have contacted an attorney. This is blatant age discrimination

Interview Questions

• At what age did I see myself retiring.   1 Answer

Garbage Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Denver, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

Filled out app. Online received email A a day later to schedule phone interview. Answered questions related to application And some questions related to dealing with safety.Interviewer then scheduled me for an in person interview for the next day.

Strategic Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waste Management (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Sent me a link to a on-demand one way video interview through a company called Montage, to be completed in 24 hours.

It is cost saving for myself, and for the company however the process is not perfect.

The first question it says is open with no time constraints, however, the video time did end in the three minutes not leaving much time to answer "So, tell me about yourself". You can re-record which makes this process good if you said something you didn't want to to say but really; in three minutes how do you impress. (get creative folks ) The rest of the questions are alloted two minutes, not leaving much time for what they asked. You can re-record but the playback on allows 52 seconds so you're not able to review. Support was not available to find out if the 52 seconds of replay was standard.

Even though it's cost saving I feel companies utilizing this tool to weed out whom they don't feel are a good fit based on six, two minute questions that don't allow you to finish really are missing out on some great talent especially when the quality is poor, and the program support is weak.

It feels like a form of discrimination but only because at 53; I had all the strengths required to perform the role with 20 years experience in one conpany showing strong work ethic, dedication and 15 year excel user; expert level. I look 45 if that, I'm more fit than most 25 years olds (a certified personal trainer) no health issues, non smoker, energetic, and funny, but they'll never know this about me.

Route Manager Interview

Interview

Applied on a Friday and received a phone call that following Monday for a phone interview. Got called back that same day to setup an in person. Interview with district operations manager and senior route manager, both very nice guys. Told during that interview I was moving onto 2nd interview, which I did. 2nd interview was with district operations manager, manager of district operations, and hiring manager. Interview went very well, don't think the manager of district operations liked my background. It's been about a week and haven't heard anything, which I assume I didn't receive the job. Not an overall bad process, just wish they would tell you one way or the other. The one thing that has me worried is that there are 2 openings for route managers. The former residential route manager I saw went to another waste company, something doesn't add up as to why 2 people left at the same time commercial and residential. The interview process was a little difficult but the interviewers were very professional and would try again if the opportunity presents itself.

Interview Questions

• In regards to safety, what do you think is the most important aspect.   3 Answers