Waste Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

139 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Major Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Oklahoma City, OK) in September 2017.

Interview

(Week 1) I initially applied for the position through a LinkedIn posting. About a week later I received an e-mail from one of the Recruiters wanting to schedule a phone call later in the week.
    (Week 2) The initial call lasted about 20-30 minutes. The questions were mostly standard fare, and the conversation seemed to go very well. At the end of the call, the Recruiter said that they were going to schedule a call with the Regional Director within the next two weeks.
    (Week 4) Two weeks later I completed the call with the Regional Director/Manager and the call lasted about an hour. Again, pretty standard questions, but the conversation seemed to flow very well. At the end of the call, they said that they would give their feedback to the Recruiter that I had been working with and based on that feedback, I would then be moved to the next round of the process.

(Week 5) I received an e-mail letting me know that I needed to complete an online personality questionnaire provided through a 3rd party company. The quiz took about an hour and consisted of 185 questions!

(Week 6) I was told that I would be scheduled to do a face to face interview with the Regional Director/Manager that I spoke with, one of the Facility Managers, one of the other department Managers, and a company trainer. The meeting lasted about an hour and seemed to go really well.

(Week 7) I received a phone call letting me know that they selected the other candidate.

CDL Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Georgetown, DE

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Waste Management (Georgetown, DE) in April 2017.

Interview

Very fast I didn't stay that long and the guy said that he enjoy the interview and that made me a sure that I would get a try but it didn't end up that way I didn't hear anything else from u guys but I'm very interested in becoming a part of the team

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Miami, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

I did a phone interview and they ask some question then I ask some at the end of the interview. It went very well looking forward for a call back from them.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Waste Management (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter and then a short test to see if you can type and communicate at the same time. Then I was asked in for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Had interview with 2 other candidates which was strange because we took turns answering the same questions but overall this portion went well for me.   Answer Question
    • The had me sit with one of the CSA 's and I am sure I could do this job with my over 10 years experience.   Answer Question
    • The third part and most ridiculous it was sitting with a supervisor. She gave me a piece of paper to read. Then she went to the other room and called me on the phone to act like a customer. She talked while I was to fill in names, addresses, phone numbers and customer problems. Granted I had the paper but I didn't know the system and didn't have headphones while she expected me to fill in the blanks at a speed of someone familiar with their system. This is like being set up for failure. Very uncomfortable, and when I left she sarcastically wished me luck.   Answer Question

Route Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Initial phone screen done by Recruiter.
    Job specific questions, scenario questions. Very detailed questions. Went very well, was extended a secondary interview via phone with the operations manager at the facility.
    Was told I would have a meeting with the regional manager... Never followed up with me. I reached out after a few weeks and was told that the position has been filled.
    The lack of communication alone is reason enough for me to stay where I am.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Inside Commercial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

quick 10-12 min phone with a recruiter - she was def. in a hurry.... Told me the job only paid $14.00 per hour - hmmmm.. Looking HERE it says around $37,000.00 year.

Interview Questions

• give me an example of you using a sales tech. and your results.   Answer Question

Area Manager Customer Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foxborough, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Foxborough, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screening by recruiter, followed by a "virtual interview" where I was asked to respond to 8 interview questions with a video recorded response via webcam, followed by a face-to-face interview with the Director. From initial phone screen to the decision took 4 weeks

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you regretted a decision you made, what was the impact, and what would you have done differently?   Answer Question

Resident Helper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksburg, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Clarksburg, WV) in April 2017.

Interview

I don't have a very good opinion of the Clarksburg, WV office. I believe they are discriminating in the hiring process. I had experience and the still hired a white person w/o experience instead of me. I'm mixed race. I've never seen a person of color working with this office.

Interview Questions

• What position would you like is what he asked me. Then when I said I'd like that one. He would say Oh i wouldn't take that job. Really unprofessional.   Answer Question

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Arlington, OR) in July 2017.

Interview

Easy onsite interview. Almost no technical questions. Everyone was very nice. The manager said he would make a decision the next week but I got no follow up at all until the rejection email came 6 weeks later. I also never got reimbursed for my travel even after sending the form in the next day.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I received an email to schedule a phone interview. The interview is done by a 3rd party recruiting company. During the phone interview, the interviewer asked a series of questions.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked if I ever took a three day weekend without telling my supervisor.   1 Answer