Waste Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.7

Drive Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Fairview, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

You get a phone interview with a recruiter. If the recruiter likes what he hears from the responses to the questions asked you'll get a one on one interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager interview is a bit different. The hiring manager even told me that he is not used to interviewing people and really didn't ask to many questions. It was more of a telling what the job functions were and if you are able to comply.

Interview Questions

• How important is safety to you?   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

None. Applied online. Very experienced in Sales. Over 5 weeks and not even an email saying they hired someone else or weren't interested. I would suggest applying in person if you can or reaching out to someone personally who already works there. I have accepted a position at another company because of the lack of response. Recruiter/HR is either overwhelmed, lazy or incompetent. They have been advertising all the same positions in inside and outside sales repeatedly for the many months. It can't be that difficult to hire someone for these low to mid-range positions and it makes you wonder if they are having high turn over due to the constant hiring for these positions.

Technical Lead Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Typical process is first round is telephonic conversation. It is completely technical in nature. One or two people will interview the candidate. Then they will fly you to their Windsor, CT office.
    However, in my case, I got a call that I cleared first round and asked me to come to Windsor office. No communication after that. Followed up with the recruiter. No response.

Interview Questions

• Difference between abstract class and interface   1 Answer

Residential Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online . Received phone interview the next day. Then was scheduled for face to face interview on the phone for then next week. Got offered at the end of interview . The place was VERY VERY CLEAN . So amazing . Great ppl all nice people

Interview Questions

• How important is safety ?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time when something unsafe happened . What did you do and how did you make it safe ?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time something went wrong on the job what did you do ?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time you and a coworker had a big disagreement. What happened and how did you resolve?   1 Answer

Conveince Site Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florence, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Waste Management (Florence, SC) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview which was very simple and straight forward. After about 3 days , I received a call from the Site Manager and was schedule for a face to face interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tupelo, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Tupelo, MS).

Interview

I interviwed for the position. Great work history. Many years of call center experience. The job went to a younger, less experienced person. I have contacted an attorney. This is blatant age discrimination

Interview Questions

• At what age did I see myself retiring.   1 Answer

Route Manager Interview

Interview

Applied on a Friday and received a phone call that following Monday for a phone interview. Got called back that same day to setup an in person. Interview with district operations manager and senior route manager, both very nice guys. Told during that interview I was moving onto 2nd interview, which I did. 2nd interview was with district operations manager, manager of district operations, and hiring manager. Interview went very well, don't think the manager of district operations liked my background. It's been about a week and haven't heard anything, which I assume I didn't receive the job. Not an overall bad process, just wish they would tell you one way or the other. The one thing that has me worried is that there are 2 openings for route managers. The former residential route manager I saw went to another waste company, something doesn't add up as to why 2 people left at the same time commercial and residential. The interview process was a little difficult but the interviewers were very professional and would try again if the opportunity presents itself.

Interview Questions

• In regards to safety, what do you think is the most important aspect.   3 Answers

Garbage Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Denver, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

Filled out app. Online received email A a day later to schedule phone interview. Answered questions related to application And some questions related to dealing with safety.Interviewer then scheduled me for an in person interview for the next day.

Administrative Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

It was a initial phone interview. I received a call to do the first part of the hiring process. Upon completing the phone interview, my resume was forwarded to the local office I applied for.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wixom, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Wixom, MI).

Interview

Interviewed with 2 supervisors. Asked a lot of star method questions and wrote down stuff on paper. Then after interview I meet with the overall manager. She asked a few of the same questions and answered my questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a irate customer?   1 Answer