Waste Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Waste Management Interview Questions

Updated Dec 4, 2017

2.7

Inside Commercial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

quick 10-12 min phone with a recruiter - she was def. in a hurry.... Told me the job only paid $14.00 per hour - hmmmm.. Looking HERE it says around $37,000.00 year.

Interview Questions

• give me an example of you using a sales tech. and your results.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Waste Management (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter and then a short test to see if you can type and communicate at the same time. Then I was asked in for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Had interview with 2 other candidates which was strange because we took turns answering the same questions but overall this portion went well for me.   Answer Question
    • The had me sit with one of the CSA 's and I am sure I could do this job with my over 10 years experience.   Answer Question
    • The third part and most ridiculous it was sitting with a supervisor. She gave me a piece of paper to read. Then she went to the other room and called me on the phone to act like a customer. She talked while I was to fill in names, addresses, phone numbers and customer problems. Granted I had the paper but I didn't know the system and didn't have headphones while she expected me to fill in the blanks at a speed of someone familiar with their system. This is like being set up for failure. Very uncomfortable, and when I left she sarcastically wished me luck.   Answer Question

Area Manager Customer Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foxborough, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Foxborough, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screening by recruiter, followed by a "virtual interview" where I was asked to respond to 8 interview questions with a video recorded response via webcam, followed by a face-to-face interview with the Director. From initial phone screen to the decision took 4 weeks

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you regretted a decision you made, what was the impact, and what would you have done differently?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online aand they sent email to set time of phone interview , they hang up on me after I picked up the phone and called them back and an hour later someone called and reschedule my phone interview a few days later.Then they set me for face to face interview at the office with group interview, and listened one on one with one of their CSR. And That was it, no personal interview, they said will hear the result in 24-48 hours, has been a week NO email or calls, and my online application still not being updated. Very Strange system, and no direct phone to call someone to find out and the training suppose to be on oct 2nd.Will be nice if at least they send me email about the result without having wondering everyday.

Major Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Oklahoma City, OK) in September 2017.

Interview

(Week 1) I initially applied for the position through a LinkedIn posting. About a week later I received an e-mail from one of the Recruiters wanting to schedule a phone call later in the week.
    (Week 2) The initial call lasted about 20-30 minutes. The questions were mostly standard fare, and the conversation seemed to go very well. At the end of the call, the Recruiter said that they were going to schedule a call with the Regional Director within the next two weeks.
    (Week 4) Two weeks later I completed the call with the Regional Director/Manager and the call lasted about an hour. Again, pretty standard questions, but the conversation seemed to flow very well. At the end of the call, they said that they would give their feedback to the Recruiter that I had been working with and based on that feedback, I would then be moved to the next round of the process.

(Week 5) I received an e-mail letting me know that I needed to complete an online personality questionnaire provided through a 3rd party company. The quiz took about an hour and consisted of 185 questions!

(Week 6) I was told that I would be scheduled to do a face to face interview with the Regional Director/Manager that I spoke with, one of the Facility Managers, one of the other department Managers, and a company trainer. The meeting lasted about an hour and seemed to go really well.

(Week 7) I received a phone call letting me know that they selected the other candidate.

Residential Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnsville, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Burnsville, MN) in August 2017.

Interview

The process is long as it was difficult for me to get an offer. I was persistent and had a total of 4 recruitment interviews and 3 face to face. HR contacts you after you apply to a position if you meet the criteria. I received server all emails stating they were moving on with other candidates. The recruiter may give a phone interview in which if successful they will schedule an interview at the location. Recruiters don't actually work at the desired location they are located in Illinois. At the location you will meet with a route manager and be asked a serious of required questions. Either you will receive an offer or an email stating they have chosen to move forward with other candidates. Be persistent and go to hiring events!

Interview Questions

• Why is safety important?
      Tell me about a time when it was difficult to work with a co worker? What did you do?
      Tell me a time you were unsafe? What did you do? How did you correct it?
      What safety duties do you do for your current job?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The individual I interviewed with was rude and cut me off after the first question. He would ask a question and then move on to the next before I got two sentences out. It was as if he had ADD or something?

I then followed-up after the interview and never heard anything from the recruiter. Not even a "Thanks, but we've decided to move on".

It was great because I quickly realized if they are hiring this type of person to do the hiring, then the company culture would be the same; unprofessional, cocky and rude with a toxic atmosphere.

I would try Republic Services if you’re interested in the industry. Stay away at all costs!!!

Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

3 telephone interviews before a scheduled phone interview with maintenance manager. During the interview I received similar questions from all three HR reps covering the basics needed to know.

Interview Questions

• What kind of safety precautions did you have to follow at your previous job site?   Answer Question

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Was interviewed by one person , she took me into a conference room and welcomed me. I felt very comfortable with her which helped as I did not feel nervous answering her questions. She really did not interview me well, just asked me what I did at my last job and had no follow-up questions regarding my functions or responsibility . She did not delve into my past experience nor ask me about my computer software skills. She made more than one reference to the fact that work had been added onto her plate, which I thought was a bit unprofessional. I got the impression she wasn't all that happy there. I think I dodged a bullet not getting the job. Plus WM is notorious for laying off people and off sourcing jobs to India. She told me they would decide in a few weeks. About two weeks after the interview I got a form reject email from the Corporate office.

Inside Commercial Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Absolutely terrible recruiting process. Applied, then got the e-mail to set up the phone interview a couple days later. Set up the time a couple days later, pretty much all that was available. Interview was supposed to take place at 940 am on a Thurs. No call, or voicemail. I waited 45mins, than called the main recruiting number provided in a previous email. That of course is a machine, at this point I expect nothing less, leave my number for a call back. 30 mins later a recruiter calls back, I explain to her that I was suppose to have a interview at 940am. She tells me she is sorry, she has no idea where the recruiter who was supposed to call, doesn't know if she even in the office. Man great accountability WM, usually you divert people's work if they are out. By this point im not surprised, im getting an insight to the lack of focus and attention, also accountability by WM. Not the best first impression. She than tells me she can reschedule for the next available time, which was wed next week. Mind you the start date is the following Mon, so I would have to have the phone interview and than the in person the next day. This point im thinking, its their mistake not mine why should I be screwed, think again. The next day, Thurs, I get an generic email from them stating no longer being considered. Now Im really agitated and confused. How can you schedule me after you made a mistake and than now completely cancel it. I called the recruiting number again, go thru the call back process. Another recruiter calls back, I explain everything and she seems quite confused and tells me she will get into contact with original recruiter, who missed the original interview, to research and contact me. Haha, like that will happen especially how things have gone. So, I wait, no call on Monday. I already assume no interview is going to happen on Wed. I finally get a very generic voicemail, on Wed, telling me the position is closed, and I should reapply. Haha, never will I apply.