Waste Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

139 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Scale House Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waste Management (Temple, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview, next day was called for a face to face interview the following week. They asked a few scenario questions and that's about it. Overall the interviewing process took a week for me.

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Arlington, OR) in July 2017.

Interview

Easy onsite interview. Almost no technical questions. Everyone was very nice. The manager said he would make a decision the next week but I got no follow up at all until the rejection email came 6 weeks later. I also never got reimbursed for my travel even after sending the form in the next day.

Inside Commercial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management in June 2017.

Interview

Received a request for a phone interview after applying Answered questions about my resume and technical experience. Was asked to do an in person interview the following week. I scheduled and confirmed the interview date and time. Was contacted by a different HR representative less than 24 hours before my in person interview and was told that my interview time was canceled, and if I couldn't change my interview time to 3 hours later I would not receive an interview. When I explained I was to make that time with such little notice I was told "It's up to you. If you want to show up you can interview at that time." I declined and will not be considering them for future employment to their unprofessionalism.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Bentonville, AR) in June 2017.

Interview

Horrible and if your a Vet don't bother applying they will higher a high school diploma never did any thing in there life because some how they are more qualified than you. I will be reporting them to the EEOC form the laughter presented from my answers in the interview process. Glad I could give them a laugh they really ticked off the wrong Veteran and jacked me around the wrong way too.

Interview Questions

• Give us an experience of leadership try not to generalize. Kind of hard if you Served to do that by the way WM HR   1 Answer

Routing & Logistics Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Received an email from recruiter expressing interest in conducting an telephonic interview. After deciding the day/time, the recruiter did not called saying she placed me in her calendar for the next day. Next day again same thing happened she did not called. Upon asking I received a reply "Will get back to you soon".
    After few days upon asking I was notified that the "position was filled". Such a unethical and unprofessional attitude of employees. Never got a chance to prove my self because of recruiters mismanagement skills and not standing on schedule.
    A request to recruiter, we respect your time in return we expect the same. If you are providing a platform to any candidate kindly be professional and honest.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management in June 2017.

Interview

They just asked about my work experience. Why do I want to work for waste management. Waiting on a email to find out if I got the position. Training starts on July 31.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a great fit for the position? Why are you leaving your current Job?   19 Answers

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I received an email to schedule a phone interview. The interview is done by a 3rd party recruiting company. During the phone interview, the interviewer asked a series of questions.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked if I ever took a three day weekend without telling my supervisor.   1 Answer

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Charlotte, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Port Charlotte, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

The staff at Waste Management were very nice, they gave me a breakdown of all the benefits available through the company. They also advised how the promotion process works throughout the company, along with pay raises

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Orlando, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I received an email asking me a few questions about my background and salary requirements. After that I had an in person interview that was fairly standard. Very friendly and conversational.

Interview Questions

• They asked about previous budgeting and forecasting experience.   Answer Question

Resident Helper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksburg, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Clarksburg, WV) in April 2017.

Interview

I don't have a very good opinion of the Clarksburg, WV office. I believe they are discriminating in the hiring process. I had experience and the still hired a white person w/o experience instead of me. I'm mixed race. I've never seen a person of color working with this office.

Interview Questions

• What position would you like is what he asked me. Then when I said I'd like that one. He would say Oh i wouldn't take that job. Really unprofessional.   Answer Question