Waste Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Waste Management Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.7

Roll Off Driver/Garbage Truck Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Waste Management in July 2016.

Interview

Never made it too an face to face interview, thank goodness I was offered a position with the municipal county in which I reside as a driver for Solid Waste Division.

I was scheduled to have a phone interview with J @ Waste Management for 3:50pm. J called at 3:31 PM so I missed the call. She left a voice message, I listened to it and had to replay it several times because she spoke so fast I couldn't quite hear the call back number to reschedule a phone interview. I call the number and input my number and she immediately call back, she spoke as if she were annoyed or somehow upset, so I hurried and told her I would not be interested in the position any longer.

Interview Questions

• No interview questions. I made sure it didn't make it that far.   Answer Question

Operations Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waste Management (Reno, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

I had to reach out to a recruiter on Linked In to get my resume looked at. Once I did, I was able to get a phone interview within 2 days. About a week later I got another call from a Senior Talent Advisor and she also went over a few details, preparation tips and scheduled my Face to Face interview with one of the hiring managers. The questions were very straight forward. Mostly behavioral and how I would respond in certain situations. Nothing was to hard, or caught me off guard. I was hoping for an interviewer that was a bit more personable, but he seemed like a very nice guy. Soft spoken and had a calm demeanor. Looking forward to the final answer next week. So far this has been a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a subordinate not follow instructions and you had to correct them. What actions did you take and what was the end result?   Answer Question
    • What is your management style?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your goals with Personal development?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your military service and what was your biggest accomplishment?   1 Answer

Environmental Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Waste Management (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied on July 22nd got a email the same day to setup a phone interview for the 26th. The phone interview went very well, the advisor explained the job completely. He said I had a great opportunity to get the job and human resources would let me know something in a couple days. On August 1st I received a phone call saying the job had been cancelled because the vendor decided to wait a while, and I would be on the list when the job reopened. They stated there was no set timeline for the job could be next month or next year who knows...

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Video interview followed by face to face interview. Very nice people, seem to be team oriented. Questions were fairly standard for the industry and focus of the job. Low pressure environment, interview was more of a conversation than a one sided interrogation.

Commercial Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matawan, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Waste Management (Matawan, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

In an interview with the route manager, everything seemed to go well said I was very qualified for the position. It's been over a week and I haven't heard anything and finally I get an email saying that they took to position away and they would no longer be hiring for that position, I'm looking forward in the future to be working with Waste Management I believe that it's very good company.thanking you in advance.

Interview Questions

• They were very concerned about safety   1 Answer
    • About a tough situation, and what steps we took to rectify it.   1 Answer

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I came in for an interview and was extremely confident I was going to get the position. I showed my credentials, military experience and certifications and I still received no offer. I believe the supervisor was intimidated because of my background because he never said a word just the Operations manager. I believe he thought that I could of easily took his position. I knew that I was over qualified for the position therefore received an email saying they found someone more "competent".

Interview Questions

• What do you know about of this company?
      What credentials make you qualified for this position?
      1 Answer

Route Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Contacted via phone for initial screening, call went very well. Caller scheduled a one-on-one interview with hiring manager. That interview also went well; hiring manager was friendly, offered good amount of substantive information about the role and company. Also stated pay range higher than I anticipated for the role. Hiring manager had to ask certain questions from a form, write down my answers. Told it would be roughly a month until decision made as pool of candidates had to be assembled, assured I would be informed throughout process. I never heard from the company again, despite being told my skills and experience were what they were seeking for the role.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went out of your way to help a co-worker.   1 Answer

Route Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Process involved a comprehensive phone interview, meeting with hiring manager that included set of stock questions manager apparently was required to ask and record. Recruiter and hiring manager were both cordial, informative. After applying I received an email encouraging me to check in on the status of the job offer, and was told flatly I would be informed of the results of the hiring process. Despite following directions and checking in to advise of my continued interest, I never again heard from the potential employer, and eventually saw the job removed as available.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went out of your way to help a co-worker.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative, Snapshot Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume online via a job network site and over 2 weeks later got a call from a recruiter asking to see if I was still interested in the position. I then received an email with details on the position, pay, benefits, incentives, company overview and link to an online interview. The online interview was 10 questions that I had video recorded my answers. Once I completed and submitted the online interview I got a confirmation of completion email. I have yet to hear on if they are still interested or not.

Interview Questions

• What can I bring to the Company? Why would I be a good fit?   Answer Question
    • Why did I leave my last job?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Waste Management?   Answer Question
    • What are my strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake at work, what was the mistake and how did you handle it, what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Plant Maintenance Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Waste Management (Tampa, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Received an email requesting a phone interview. Then set up a face to face interview with the Maintenance Manager. I am currently waiting to hear back about a face to face interview with the Plant Manager. The Plant manager will discuss his thoughts about the candidates with the maintenance manager and he will ultimately choose who to hire.

Interview Questions

• To describe a situation where my skills had been utilized to resolve a problem.   1 Answer