Waste Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Waste Management Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.7

Pricing Internship Interview

Interview

Found them on my University Career Site. They were prompt with the first two interviews but after that didn't communicate back for a while. Interviews were more conversations and seemed easy. Just went through the resume.

Route Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Applied online. phone interview followed by in person interview several days later. background check and drug screen with contingent over depending on results. Poor communication between steps but quick follow-up once process was completed.

Negotiation

Very little to negotiate

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Houston, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straighforward and I did my best to stay cool calm and collected but after that I was not told if I had won the position. I then went home. About a week later an HR lady called and said that if I could come in for some more interrogation questions so I did and again I was stressed before the interview. But in the end they awarded me the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in your previous role where you overcame the hardest of hardest obstacles and out you came victorious.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Interview

2 rounds, phone and in person. Simple, easy to follow, friendly. If you act personable, likable and competent that is all they are looking for. Highlight why you are the right person for the job. Waterloo is a nice office, set in an industrial area. Learn fast and ask questions, lots of information to take in.

Operations Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waste Management (Reno, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

I had to reach out to a recruiter on Linked In to get my resume looked at. Once I did, I was able to get a phone interview within 2 days. About a week later I got another call from a Senior Talent Advisor and she also went over a few details, preparation tips and scheduled my Face to Face interview with one of the hiring managers. The questions were very straight forward. Mostly behavioral and how I would respond in certain situations. Nothing was to hard, or caught me off guard. I was hoping for an interviewer that was a bit more personable, but he seemed like a very nice guy. Soft spoken and had a calm demeanor. Looking forward to the final answer next week. So far this has been a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a subordinate not follow instructions and you had to correct them. What actions did you take and what was the end result?   Answer Question
    • What is your management style?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your goals with Personal development?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your military service and what was your biggest accomplishment?   1 Answer

Route Manager Interview

Interview

Applied on a Friday and received a phone call that following Monday for a phone interview. Got called back that same day to setup an in person. Interview with district operations manager and senior route manager, both very nice guys. Told during that interview I was moving onto 2nd interview, which I did. 2nd interview was with district operations manager, manager of district operations, and hiring manager. Interview went very well, don't think the manager of district operations liked my background. It's been about a week and haven't heard anything, which I assume I didn't receive the job. Not an overall bad process, just wish they would tell you one way or the other. The one thing that has me worried is that there are 2 openings for route managers. The former residential route manager I saw went to another waste company, something doesn't add up as to why 2 people left at the same time commercial and residential. The interview process was a little difficult but the interviewers were very professional and would try again if the opportunity presents itself.

Interview Questions

• In regards to safety, what do you think is the most important aspect.   3 Answers

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

None. Applied online. Very experienced in Sales. Over 5 weeks and not even an email saying they hired someone else or weren't interested. I would suggest applying in person if you can or reaching out to someone personally who already works there. I have accepted a position at another company because of the lack of response. Recruiter/HR is either overwhelmed, lazy or incompetent. They have been advertising all the same positions in inside and outside sales repeatedly for the many months. It can't be that difficult to hire someone for these low to mid-range positions and it makes you wonder if they are having high turn over due to the constant hiring for these positions.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management in January 2009.

Interview

Several phone interviews, discussion of sales position and client base

Interview Questions

• What experiences in service deliveries were the most challenging for you   Answer Question

Salary was not competitive

Residential Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairborn, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Waste Management (Fairborn, OH) in March 2010.

Interview

Was contacted by HR represenative from Waste management, to ask if I was interested, and I said yes, she then asked about 5 questions most based on safety, and what if's. she had never driver so I don't think she really understood the answers, they do not seem to up on Department of Transportaion (DOT) rules and regulations as they pertain to a driver CDL-A

Interview Questions

• What to do with an angry customer   1 Answer
    • What safety measure do you take before driving   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waste Management in January 2008.

Interview

Mostly questions about previous jobs.
    A few questions about knowledge of Oracle RDBMS.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in managing projects?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate.