Waste Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I received an email to schedule a phone interview. The interview is done by a 3rd party recruiting company. During the phone interview, the interviewer asked a series of questions.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked if I ever took a three day weekend without telling my supervisor.   1 Answer

Customer Service/Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wixom, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Wixom, MI).

Interview

This was a pretty easy, straightforward process. Had a telephone screening call and then went in for a interview. Met with HR and took a typing test after the test was passed, I interviewed with a peer and then met with the hiring manager.
    They offered me a position before I left.

Roll Off Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Albany, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Had a series of questions for the job. Manager made me feel very comfortable in the interview process. most of the questions were a common sense answer. manager was very friendly and explained the job in detail.

Interview Questions

• If you had a problem with your truck, what would you do?   1 Answer

Residential Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arnold, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Arnold, MO) in May 2017.

Interview

Was interviewed one day after contact. Questions in th ed interview did involve a lot of thinking. It was not intimidating though. I dressed for success. The interviewer left plenty of room for the interviewee to dominate the interview.

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Charlotte, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Port Charlotte, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

The staff at Waste Management were very nice, they gave me a breakdown of all the benefits available through the company. They also advised how the promotion process works throughout the company, along with pay raises

Accounting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied Online, Scheduled Interview. Interview was 30 minutes and straightforward with questions relating to past employment and future goals and direction/growth. If you're not majoring in the position you're interested in, be prepared to defend why you're qualified and give detail. Waste Management is a great company to work for but it is definitely competitive to get in. Also, it seems like managers will take time to evaluate all future candidates in depth before making a decision.

Interview Questions

• What would you be able to bring to the team that others don't have?   Answer Question

Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

Somewhat of an intense process. Company has list of difficult questions some interviewers use. Plus they also use some of their own questions. Drug, alcohol, background checks. Moved pretty quick after first interview.

Welder Container Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Sacramento, KY) in April 2017.

Interview

telephone interview now scheduled for in person. she called me while i was driving and i was pretty confident overall and and and and and and and and and and and

Interview Questions

• what is the strictest safety rule youve had follow   2 Answers

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Waste Management (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview process was more info gathering and character assessment. There was one star question at the end but I enjoyed the candidness of the process. There was 2 gentleman who conducted the interview and they took me out onto the floor after.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision at work and it didn't turn out so well.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Orlando, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I received an email asking me a few questions about my background and salary requirements. After that I had an in person interview that was fairly standard. Very friendly and conversational.

Interview Questions

• They asked about previous budgeting and forecasting experience.   Answer Question