Waste Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Waste Management Interview Questions

Updated May 31, 2017

2.7

Route Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Process involved a comprehensive phone interview, meeting with hiring manager that included set of stock questions manager apparently was required to ask and record. Recruiter and hiring manager were both cordial, informative. After applying I received an email encouraging me to check in on the status of the job offer, and was told flatly I would be informed of the results of the hiring process. Despite following directions and checking in to advise of my continued interest, I never again heard from the potential employer, and eventually saw the job removed as available.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went out of your way to help a co-worker.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative, Snapshot Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume online via a job network site and over 2 weeks later got a call from a recruiter asking to see if I was still interested in the position. I then received an email with details on the position, pay, benefits, incentives, company overview and link to an online interview. The online interview was 10 questions that I had video recorded my answers. Once I completed and submitted the online interview I got a confirmation of completion email. I have yet to hear on if they are still interested or not.

Interview Questions

• What can I bring to the Company? Why would I be a good fit?   Answer Question
    • Why did I leave my last job?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Waste Management?   Answer Question
    • What are my strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake at work, what was the mistake and how did you handle it, what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Plant Maintenance Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Waste Management (Tampa, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Received an email requesting a phone interview. Then set up a face to face interview with the Maintenance Manager. I am currently waiting to hear back about a face to face interview with the Plant Manager. The Plant manager will discuss his thoughts about the candidates with the maintenance manager and he will ultimately choose who to hire.

Interview Questions

• To describe a situation where my skills had been utilized to resolve a problem.   1 Answer

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waste Management (Freeport, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Was asked a bunch of questions , interviewer said I did a good interview said I would get a call back if they were interested , never got a call back ,, I guess I wasn't one of the good ole boys they still are trying to hire people I guess I'm not good enough to sing trash

Waste Management Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Got a call from the interviewer for a role and was told they would forward my resume to management and be called back for a potential face to face interview. I didn't hear anything for 2-3 weeks, then I get a call from the same recruiter telling me the role was filled. It would have been nice to actually interview for the role especially since I had be referred by an internal employee. I did fit the qualifications of the role so not sure what happened however, that didn't seem very professional and left a really negative impression of Waste Management.

Driver Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waste Management (Columbia, SC) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was not alot of detail question. Seems like they have someone in mind for position. Was greatful for interview will apply for future positions. The company is a outstanding company with great track record and benefits.

Interview Questions

• Why did i want to work for the company   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Waste Management (Commerce, CA).

Interview

First phone call for over the phone interview-was very casual. Then 2nd call for a in personal interview. Meet with supervisor - still very casual. specific question why do you want to work for waste management.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Waste Management (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied on 11/10. I received an email on 11/11 for a phone interview. I had the phone interview the same day. The recruiter let me know that I would hear from her by 11/16. I received the thanks but no thanks email on 11/16.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waste Management (Germantown, WI) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview was short quick and easy. Interviewed wit two people they were pleasant, but not too professional. Typical interview questions felt as if I had a great overall experience they had me thinking I was going to be given a job offer. A week later got a email telling me although it was great learning about your skills qualifications we have decided to go with a more qualified candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for waste management?   1 Answer

Laborer Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waste Management (Brooklyn, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I started by going to the site the email and recruiter told me to go to , turns out they had me go to the wrong site for the interview , then I had to go to another site about 15 minutes away for the interview , the man who was giving the interview in this small trailer was not ready for the interview even though i had to show up late because of the email and recruiter .

Eventually got called into the room and was explained about the job (cleaning the site) , the salary for the job was not mentioned on the phone or at the interview, nor did the email or recruiter tell me to bring my resume, i wasn't even able to explain half of the jobs i had that reflect the experience in the general labor field before being explained again and again what the job is like and if I am okay with working in hot and cold conditions.

Nothing on the website or the recruiter on the phone say that its actually 6 days per week of work , and in the winter they are open on Sunday, basically telling me i would be asked to work every day of the week.

Finally I was told if I don't get a call by the end of the week I didn't get the job , they won't call me to let me know. VERY unprofessional to me but not the most unprofessional I've been to. Im sure this is a great company to work at , just seemed unorganized as far as the interview goes. Also , other interview reviews on Glassdoor show that they have sent people to the wrong address before.

Interview Questions

• are you okay with standing for long periods of time and working in hot and cold conditions ?   1 Answer