Waste Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Waste Management Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waste Management in January 2008.

Interview

Mostly questions about previous jobs.
    A few questions about knowledge of Oracle RDBMS.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in managing projects?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate.

Route Manager Interview

Application

The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Waste Management in March 2012.

Interview

This has to be the worst experience ever. I was originally contacted in October and had the following: 1 phone interview, HR interview, District Manager interview, Director of Operations Interview, and then another Route Manager interview all over the course of 6 months for 1 position! After all that you think I would be given courtesy on whether or not I got the job, but I was suppose to hear back 2 weeks ago and nothing yet so Im assuming a no go.. I will never apply nor recommend them to anyone.

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Miami, FL) in April 2011.

Interview

Hiring was horrible, and I knew about 5 minutes into the interview that the job was mine. It was very informal, and I didn't talk much at all. He talked and talked and talked and then said I was hired. Didn't ask me much at all. I should have known by this alone, that this company was horrible!!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was with HR, not the hiring manager.

SCALE ATTENDANT Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

I was informed of an open position by a family member, I went in that day to turn in my resume. I came back the next day and interviewed with the manager. He looked at my resume and read it over. He didn't really ask to many questions other than basic job history questions. During the interview another person walked in and the manager said why are we interviewing still I thought we filled the position? The woman said she didn't fit in and gave him a look. I thought this was awkward. I was offered the job on the spot and the lady took me over to see the scale house. She went over a few things, and said she will call to let me know my start date. The interview process was fairly easy I guess its best if you know someone.

Interview Questions

• I would be surprised if they asked any at all, seems they are desperate to fill positions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The recruiter called and said the base pay for the position is 12/hr, did not negotiate the pay.

Heavy Equipment Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waste Management (Nashville, TN) in June 2012.

Interview

Was given a phone interview, then drove 500 miles for a face to face interview. i was offered the position and relocated my family shortly afterward.

Interview Questions

• Was asked where I saw myself in 5 years and told them hopefully still with the company. I was told management was definitely a possibility.   1 Answer

Grapple Crane Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (San Antonio, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

They have a recruiter call you approximately 2 days to 3 weeks after submitting your application doe. They conduct a phone interview at your convienance.You interview for the position 1-3 weeks afterward.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, as they are stern with their offer

CDL Class A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunmore, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Waste Management (Dunmore, PA) in December 2010.

Interview

Had an interview, qualified, took road test, did all backround checks, did the pre employement drug screen, plus references

Negotiation

easy, pay baesd on my experience

Route Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management in August 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview, went well. So I was set up with a second interview with a district manager. I thought went well. They told me that they will get back to me the next week and let me know their choice. They did and gave a excuse that the manage was out on business meetings. And that they will get back to me the next week. Well another week wnt by and they did contact me to let me know that it will be another week. So after that I just left it at that and they finally got back to me 4 weeks later to let me know that they decided to go with someone inside the company.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Waste Management (Greenwood Village, CO).

Interview

a joke they first recommended me for a lower position in sales, then I convinced them that the position I wanted was for commercial sales and it was granted to me. after all that I proved my point by being the top salesman 3 years running.

Interview Questions

• silly psycholigical questions instead of getting to the root which is can you sell. They continue to under interview the potential employees and as a result most wash out or dont perform.   Answer Question

Negotiation

wasnt any, a set base hourly rate for the icr dept.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Waste Management in February 2010.

Interview

I was told by Icon Information Consultants that there was a job position that WM was wanting to fill. I felt that I could do the job, so an interview was scheduled and I went to the 2nd floor of 1021 Main St. I was brought up to the 4th floor for the interview. The person interviewing me told me that I was going to be asked 10 questions and if I did not know the answer that I should say "I do not know". Otherwise, I would rejected on the basis of bluffing an answer. I answered all 10 questions correctly and left back to home. I told the consulting firm of what transpired and the next day I was offered the position. I accepted the income that I was going to make and was pleased that I was able to start immediately getting myself situated with all information that I needed to be successful in my position at WM.

Interview Questions

• It was all technical, and there was nothing on my resume to bluff or fluff.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I went in knowing that I was on the top end of the salary for this postion. So, I accepted it without delay.