Waste Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2017

2.7

Accounting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied Online, Scheduled Interview. Interview was 30 minutes and straightforward with questions relating to past employment and future goals and direction/growth. If you're not majoring in the position you're interested in, be prepared to defend why you're qualified and give detail. Waste Management is a great company to work for but it is definitely competitive to get in. Also, it seems like managers will take time to evaluate all future candidates in depth before making a decision.

Interview Questions

• What would you be able to bring to the team that others don't have?   Answer Question

Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

Somewhat of an intense process. Company has list of difficult questions some interviewers use. Plus they also use some of their own questions. Drug, alcohol, background checks. Moved pretty quick after first interview.

Welder Container Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Sacramento, KY) in April 2017.

Interview

telephone interview now scheduled for in person. she called me while i was driving and i was pretty confident overall and and and and and and and and and and and

Interview Questions

• what is the strictest safety rule youve had follow   2 Answers

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Waste Management (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview process was more info gathering and character assessment. There was one star question at the end but I enjoyed the candidness of the process. There was 2 gentleman who conducted the interview and they took me out onto the floor after.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision at work and it didn't turn out so well.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Orlando, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I received an email asking me a few questions about my background and salary requirements. After that I had an in person interview that was fairly standard. Very friendly and conversational.

Interview Questions

• They asked about previous budgeting and forecasting experience.   Answer Question

Resident Helper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksburg, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Clarksburg, WV) in April 2017.

Interview

I don't have a very good opinion of the Clarksburg, WV office. I believe they are discriminating in the hiring process. I had experience and the still hired a white person w/o experience instead of me. I'm mixed race. I've never seen a person of color working with this office.

Interview Questions

• What position would you like is what he asked me. Then when I said I'd like that one. He would say Oh i wouldn't take that job. Really unprofessional.   Answer Question

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Waste Management (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

The first part of the interview process was the phone interview, which went quite well. The interviewer was very pleasant and did not grill me like a lot or other companies seemed to do.

Interview Questions

• Q. What sort of customer service experience do you have?
      Q. Tell me an experience you had with a customer where you just could not please them?
      Q How did you handle that situation?   1 Answer
    • Q. How do you handle irate customers?   1 Answer
    • Q. I was asked to do a mock phone call.   2 Answers

Digital Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waste Management (Germantown, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

I completed a phone interview, grammar test and F2F interview the same week. Both the phone and F2F interviewers were extremely friendly and knowledgeable. Looking forward to working with an awesome group of people.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to resolve an escalated situation?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you've had multiple tasks to complete and how you went about completing the tasks?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Commerce, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The Call Center Customer Service Representative interview process involved a phone screening and then an in person interview.

The phone interview process was odd. On the day that I was supposed to be phone interviewed, I receive a call stating that the recruiter would call me at a later time. Then he apparently was available so he called me sooner than the new time. He was very hard to understand.

I passed the phone interview and then I was scheduled to interview at their call center in the City of Commerce. The recruiter did not provide proper instructions regarding parking or locating the actual customer service door other than a suite number (you’ll see what I mean). The parking lot was jammed and there are signs posted about customer parking only because the office building is shared by other companies including Wells Fargo. You get to the third floor and there are all of these different doors. I entered one door, and it was a waiting room, which appeared to be an office that use to handle in person customer service. There was a window that was covered up. The next door was closed. There was a phone, but I wasn’t given a phone number or extension to dial when I got there. I walked out of the room. Some random employee in the hallway had no idea what I was talking about (customer service dept. where is it?). I go back in the room, and I was about to start dialing names on a list near the phone when a woman walks in, and then escorts me to her office.

I interviewed with the head of the customer service department. She told me that she had been with the company for decades and that employment with the company is very stable. Everything seemed to be going great then she mentioned where I lived, which is not in Los Angeles County. She then said that she lived further than I did but that it was OK for her because she took the train. Once she made that statement, I knew that I was probably NOT going to get hired. I asked her when applicants would be notified, and she stated as soon as possible because they wanted to get training going by the start of the next month.

I received a rejection notice via e-mail six business days later. Needless to say I was very disappointed that I was not hired for a position that I was MORE than qualified for just because the supervisor didn’t like where I lived. The entire interview process became a waste of my time and money. If the local office doesn’t want employees based out of LA County, then they should state so.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult customer(something to that effect)?   Answer Question

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Pasadena, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was very professional and to the point. The interviewers were polite and seem interested in what I had to say. They made me feel comfortable and not nervous at all.