Waste Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.7

Commercial Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matawan, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Waste Management (Matawan, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

In an interview with the route manager, everything seemed to go well said I was very qualified for the position. It's been over a week and I haven't heard anything and finally I get an email saying that they took to position away and they would no longer be hiring for that position, I'm looking forward in the future to be working with Waste Management I believe that it's very good company.thanking you in advance.

Interview Questions

• They were very concerned about safety   1 Answer
    • About a tough situation, and what steps we took to rectify it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Windsor, CT) in June 2016.

Interview

The process is easy and they asked a lot of situation question to see if your a good fit. I had a phone call from the h&r, 1face to face interview with the manger and they offer me the job the following week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had a conflict with people in your department and what did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question

Waste Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brunswick, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Brunswick, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Stated by applying online, followed by an in person interview. There was a brief online test, and I also submitted a resume online and in person. Was a little lengthy in my opinion, but I accepted the job in the end.

Billing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management in May 2016.

Interview

i applied online, and received a call back from headquarters about two weeks later. The call was from an HR representative looking to set up an interview at the location I applied at with HR at that location.

When I went in for my interview, I met with one woman. She was very friendly, and she asked me a few questions, but in the end we really just had a conversation. She told me a little bit about the internship program, as well as the work that Waste Management does. The HR woman called me later that day to tell me that I got the job!

Interview Questions

• What are some things you like to do in your free time?   Answer Question

Route Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Typical STARS format interview. All interviews with WM are conducted this way. Usually the hiring manager is accompanied by a HR manager who has no clue what the actual job you are interviewing for entails.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to present your employees with information you knew they would not like   3 Answers

Residential Driver Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Applied for the position on their actual website.. Received an email (less than a week) stating that they liked my experience and wanted to schedule a phone interview..I followed the link from the email and scheduled phone interview..It went well, and I was scheduled for a face to face interview at the location that I initially applied for, with the route manager..After ensuring the route manager on how much of "dependable hard worker" and "team player" I was, and relaying to her just "how much the importance of safety was to me", I left the interview quiet confident they'd call..less than a week passed and I received a call asking if I was still interested, which I accepted..Received offer letter, onboarding paper work, background, physical and drug test forms via email.. Signed, filled out everything and off I went to the clinic..3 days later I received a "Welcome to WM" from the route manger that i'd interviewed with prior..i start in 2 weeks!! whole process took a little over two weeks from when initially applied online.

Anonymous Employee in Lewisburg, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waste Management (Lewisburg, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

After filling out online app I was sent an email. The email had link for me to go to. The link allowed me to set up a time for a 15 min phone interview. The recruiter called promptly at the set time and asked questions about my experiences and safety. I was then moved on to the face to face interview. The hiring manager explained the job and asked 5 situation questions. A week later I was sent an offer letter via email. After accepting letter I had to go for drug screen and physical.

Interview Questions

• A time you worked with a group or employer that was difficult and how you handled it ?   Answer Question
    • The strictest safety rule you ever worked under ?   Answer Question
    • How important is safety to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I knew from face to face what pay was. They send an offer letter for the job. No negotiations but pay was fair enough it wouldn't have been needed anyway

Customer Digital Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

From online application to initial response email from a recruiter took three weeks. I then had a phone interview the next day with the in-person interview scheduled for the day after that. The in-person interview depends initially on the 30 minute assessment which you must pass with an 80% or above. The assessment is primarily proofreading several paragraphs for spelling, punctuation, and grammar.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time when you had to do something against company policy?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when a customer made unreasonable demands.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The phone recruiter called me within the hour after I left the in-person interview. She asked if I was ok with the stated rate. I said yes but asked if she could request 50¢ more per hour for me. I was then given the stated rate of $14.50 per hour in the official offer emailed to me.

CE Inside Commercial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Waste Management (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

5 minute interview. Interviewer sounded like she just wanted to quit. Offered 13.75 per hour. She called me late. Interviewer did not know the day to day job duties and couldn't explain what to expect once hired.

Interview Questions

• Where do I live and how long does it take me to get there? Have I worked in a call center environment before? Am I familiar with the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Waste Management (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2016.

Interview

Very smooth and quick. Applied online, got an email the next day requesting a phone interview. Made the call and set it up, they called me right on time. Asked some questions mostly about safety at my past jobs, and then offered me an in person interview. Didn't proceed past this point because I was in the process of relocation and they needed someone immediately.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you received on the job training and how did you handle it?   1 Answer