Waste Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.7

Digital Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

I flew in from Illinois to Phoenix for my interview. I arrived 15 minutes early. I was dressed to impress. My person who interviewed me was 15 to 20 minutes late. I thought that was very poor taste. When he finally came to get me he denied a handshake because he was sick. I felt awkward at that point. I felt that was poor taste because he could have sanitized his hands before greeting me but oh well I didn't really mind that much. He didn't really put much effort into the interview. I felt as though he didn't have time or he didn't feel like interviewing anyone at that time. I have worked for some amazing big name companies and am truly confident about myself and skills. I felt I wasn't given a fair chance. It felt like he already had the people he wanted to hire prior my arrival. I sent a follow up email to the interviewer. Two weeks had past and I didn't hear anything. Finally I emailed the recruiter she didn't respond but I recieved the email from Talent Acquistion that I wasn't chosen. I'm actually glad the doors closed on this opportunity because the level of professionalism was to low for me.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a perfect fit for this position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had to deal with a pilicy change or procedure.   Answer Question

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Waste Management (Bristol, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

I was given a phone interview, if was from a Recruiter in a different state. I was asked about safety and about 5 questions starting with tell me about a time when... I was told I pass and was given a date for a face to face interview with manager at the site. After 5 days I went to the interview, I thought I did well. I asked how many positions were there, he said one, but he was interviewing 15 people. He said I would hear from him in 3 weeks, 5 weeks later and still no call.

Residential Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Orlando, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

the hiring process took about a week and a half. it was a phone interview and then a one on one interview the following week. I had excellent credentials. i don't know if they didn't offer me the job because i just moved down from NY.

Interview Questions

• what safety precautions would you take while driving?   1 Answer

Release Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Windsor, CT) in July 2015.

Interview

Usual questions - why do you want this job, etc. Everyone I interviewed with was from India and I definitely felt like they didn't want to waste much time interviewing a non-Indian. One of the scheduled interviewers didn't even bother to show up - I was told he was to busy. Unless you are from India don't waste your time.

Software Engineer Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management in June 2015.

Interview

First telephone interview went fery well. Second interview was carried by what appeared to be outside hiring manager. The interview appeared to find about what you do not know. The interviewer was not friendly and interview was about 20 minutes. No updates and later after inquiries 2 weeks after last interview that my technical skills were not what they were looking for. The manager manages another team offshore and linkedin status shows he contracts for the company. Their technology is way behind and would be quite exciting getting involved in bringing them to current which partly tye reason tyey are hiring. I think their interview process is the problem. What they need to is hire an R&D VP who would put in place mechanisms to put together the right teams.

Roll-Off Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Franklin, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

First off I had 6 interviews at this company and was turned down each time. I was interview 3 times by someone who was manager for a period less then 2 years. Short and simple questions and I was very disappointed with the unprofessional managers at this great company. Falls and Franklin, Wi

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Waste Management (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I approached the interview very unprepared. I thought it was going to be an explanatory thing from the recruiter and didn't realize it was an interview. I was referred to the recruiter by an employment agency who just said to call this person. I wasn't very interested in the position and misunderstood the employment agencies recommendation.

Interview Questions

• If I had researched the company and position   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Waste Management (Albany, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted within two hours of posting my resume online. I completed a telephone screening a few days later and then a formal interview the following week. The interview was conducted by five people: my would-be direct supervisor, one HR person, and three current Route Managers. We had a very thorough conversation about the company and what would be expected of me as well as my personal work history. I felt really good about it when I left but ultimately did not get a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when communication was paramount to successfully reaching a goal.   Answer Question

Major Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Lombard, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

It was horrible. The recruiter had it in his mind that I was not a good fit from the start no matter how much I explained my experience would equate to the role. I really wish I would have been allowed to speak to someone else or interview in person.

Interview Questions

• If I had sales experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reserve, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Reserve, LA) in May 2015.

Interview

Job was explained thoroughly. Everything was made clear. Went great. The duties were explained fully. Compansation was discussed and it was very good. The entire process was professionally handled. Would recommend this company to anyone. The benefits were great. Car, Phone and good salary was part of the package. Would have been willing to work with any offer that would have been made.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to wait for promotions.   2 Answers