Waste Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.7

Garbage Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Waste Management (Colorado Springs, CO) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online took 1 month to hear back from them I got a call from a recruiter and had a phone interview I feel I did great with the phone interview told me about the benefits of this job and how demanding it is. I than was given a interview dare had to wait 2 weeks for the interview the gentleman I spoke to told me I would start out at 16 a hr based on my experience and than told me he would call me on Monday July 7 to see if I have the job I hope I do have this job I Like the environment and would love to start with this company

Interview Questions

• Please explain a time when you helped out another employee and what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was told based on my experience I will start out at 16 a hr

Waste Management Response

Jul 14, 2014 – Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your interest in joining the team! You can call 877.220.5627 to check the status of your application.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Pasadena, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online 11-4 received call from HR around two days after, went over my resume over the phone . I was informed to resend my resume because when applied I copied and paste my my iPad . Never recieved email , called HR back (ruby) and again went over the same resume sent before ,she clearly didn't remember who and what I applied for ! She then instructed me I will be scheduled for an interview but then I recieved an email hours later with a thanks but no thanks. I didn't see the purpose of our going back and fourth but whatever :)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself . Go over every line in your resume!   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Gaithersburg, MD) in February 2014.

Interview

It was an easy interview . The interview consist of a bunch of personality questions.I was interviewed by the district manager and the Office manager.The interview took only 15 minutes. I was mostly hired based off my performance in my previous position with WM.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a specific accomplishment you've achieved in a previous position that indicates you will thrive in this position?   Answer Question

Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management in January 2015.

Interview

Went in for an interview and the manager for that terminal never even showed. I left my number and resume. No call, just an email saying they were looking at other applicants.

Interview Questions

• No questions, just an email saying they were not interested in me.   Answer Question

Assistant Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Waste Management in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a receipt of application e-mail immediately. I received a phone call to ask if I was still interested and if I had time for a brief phone interview. They proceeded to ask about my preventative maintenance background with regards to diesel, electrical, & air brakes systems. I only have six months experience, they said I needed one year experience despite the no experience or education requirements listed on their site, which promptly ended the interview.

Diesel Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waste Management (Framingham, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume and filled out Waste Management's online forms. That same afternoon, I was contacted by a recruiter, answered a few questions, and was given an interview date. The interview was pleasant, informative, and professional. The interviewer seemed impressed with my resume and experience. I was informed that I would hear from them in 2 weeks if there was an offer for me. I will post with an update when I hear back from WM or in 3 weeks. Whichever comes first.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I was familiar with hydraulic and electrical systems.   1 Answer

Inside Commercial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2014.

Interview

you wait in the lobby for about 10 to 20 min a manager walks out and takes you into a small room looks at your resume then asking a few questions walks you around the building and lets you know you got the job

Interview Questions

• basic call center questions about scheduled breaks lunches and work experiences   1 Answer

Commercial Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Atlanta, GA) in May 2011.

Interview

First talked to a recruiter on the phone, then in person interview with two managers, asked about previous sales experience. It was a conversation about sales techniques and my own questions about the corporate culture and upward mobility. Not a tough interview at all.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you saved a potential cancellation account.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Apply online , phone interview , in person interview , tour of call center , listen to calls , talk to other CSR's, then job offer . Thank thank thank thank thank thank thank thank you.

Inside Commercial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Waste Management (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2013.

Interview

phone interview, then in person, then got offered the position
    walked in, met with 2 manager, interview too about 30 minutes total. simple basic questions. afterwards briefly showed me around.

Interview Questions

• strengths, weaknesses, situations dealing with sales and customers. basic   Answer Question