Waste Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 23, 2017

2.7

Inside Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Waste Management (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The supervisor who interviewed me had me there almost two hours. While she did ask me questions relating to my experience, she felt more comfortable it seems talking about herself, her personal life and her previous job experience.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a customer in your past job experience that was difficult?   3 Answers

Inside Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Waste Management (Lombard, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was very informative and direct. Interviewer told me about the position as well as other open positions that I might qualify for. I am waiting to hear back with an offer however it appears to be a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• If someone wanted to cancel their services how would you respond.   Answer Question

Residential Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Norcross, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

The manager very friendly. Didn't ask me none of the question on here.explain to me the whole process. Told me he have more people to be interview. He would pick the best one. Verify my phone number. Hopefully they would call me back.

Interview Questions

• From 1 to 10 how good are you with a commercial Cdl lincense . With 10 being the best. Give me a number and why?   1 Answer

Diesel Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Duluth, MN) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and had to answer some automated questions about my previous experience over the phone. Then about two days later I received a call and had another phone interview it was about 15- 20 min. The next week I got a call from a representative to set up an interview at the location where I applied. I went to the interview and got offered the job , and I accepted offer . The process took about two weeks from the time I applied .

ICR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Marietta, GA).

Interview

The interview went like a normal interview. You walk in, have some small talk, make introductions, and answer basic questions. Things like, How do you overcome _ objection? How do you handle an irate customer? etc etc etc

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Waste Management (Columbia, MD).

Interview

Usallly a one on one with the hiring manager. You get a call then a small phone interview. Next should you pass the phone interview you are called in for a one on one. Unless it's a outside position then the interview is a panel of at least three people whom you will work with and under their direction.

Interview Questions

• What could I offer waste management if hired.   1 Answer

Roll Off Driver/Garbage Truck Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Waste Management in July 2016.

Interview

Never made it too an face to face interview, thank goodness I was offered a position with the municipal county in which I reside as a driver for Solid Waste Division.

I was scheduled to have a phone interview with J @ Waste Management for 3:50pm. J called at 3:31 PM so I missed the call. She left a voice message, I listened to it and had to replay it several times because she spoke so fast I couldn't quite hear the call back number to reschedule a phone interview. I call the number and input my number and she immediately call back, she spoke as if she were annoyed or somehow upset, so I hurried and told her I would not be interested in the position any longer.

Interview Questions

• No interview questions. I made sure it didn't make it that far.   Answer Question

Operations Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waste Management (Reno, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

I had to reach out to a recruiter on Linked In to get my resume looked at. Once I did, I was able to get a phone interview within 2 days. About a week later I got another call from a Senior Talent Advisor and she also went over a few details, preparation tips and scheduled my Face to Face interview with one of the hiring managers. The questions were very straight forward. Mostly behavioral and how I would respond in certain situations. Nothing was to hard, or caught me off guard. I was hoping for an interviewer that was a bit more personable, but he seemed like a very nice guy. Soft spoken and had a calm demeanor. Looking forward to the final answer next week. So far this has been a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a subordinate not follow instructions and you had to correct them. What actions did you take and what was the end result?   Answer Question
    • What is your management style?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your goals with Personal development?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your military service and what was your biggest accomplishment?   1 Answer

Environmental Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Waste Management (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied on July 22nd got a email the same day to setup a phone interview for the 26th. The phone interview went very well, the advisor explained the job completely. He said I had a great opportunity to get the job and human resources would let me know something in a couple days. On August 1st I received a phone call saying the job had been cancelled because the vendor decided to wait a while, and I would be on the list when the job reopened. They stated there was no set timeline for the job could be next month or next year who knows...

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Video interview followed by face to face interview. Very nice people, seem to be team oriented. Questions were fairly standard for the industry and focus of the job. Low pressure environment, interview was more of a conversation than a one sided interrogation.