Waste Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2018

2.7

Commercial Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Atlanta, GA) in May 2011.

Interview

First talked to a recruiter on the phone, then in person interview with two managers, asked about previous sales experience. It was a conversation about sales techniques and my own questions about the corporate culture and upward mobility. Not a tough interview at all.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you saved a potential cancellation account.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Apply online , phone interview , in person interview , tour of call center , listen to calls , talk to other CSR's, then job offer . Thank thank thank thank thank thank thank thank you.

Inside Commercial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Waste Management (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2013.

Interview

phone interview, then in person, then got offered the position
    walked in, met with 2 manager, interview too about 30 minutes total. simple basic questions. afterwards briefly showed me around.

Interview Questions

• strengths, weaknesses, situations dealing with sales and customers. basic   Answer Question

Commercial Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moreno Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Moreno Valley, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Went in and arrived for a 9:30am interview at 9am. The 9am person still hadn't been interviewed. They finally went in at 9:38am. Receptionist barely acknowledged us being there and would pretty frequently step outside to talk. As of 10:05am I ended up leaving without even being interviewed and still the first person inside the interview room. If a perspective employer wants me to want the job, ie showing up early, dressed properly then they should at least act like they want me to work for them. They should at least be prepared and at a minimum be able to give you a heads up or some sort of time table as to what's going on. Lack of standards for showing up on time and being prepared. Not a good example for perspective new hires.

Human Resources Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Process was difficult initially, but wasnt bad after discovering its easier to apply thru staffing agencies. I applied on my own & was declined every time. I finally received an opportunity to interview thru a staffing agency and was hired.

Interview Questions

• What's your experience with Applicant Tracking systems?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay is much lower than the market not impressed but will negioiate more if offered a permanent position. But it is very low for contractors compared to the competition in the market

Laborer Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waste Management (Brooklyn, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I started by going to the site the email and recruiter told me to go to , turns out they had me go to the wrong site for the interview , then I had to go to another site about 15 minutes away for the interview , the man who was giving the interview in this small trailer was not ready for the interview even though i had to show up late because of the email and recruiter .

Eventually got called into the room and was explained about the job (cleaning the site) , the salary for the job was not mentioned on the phone or at the interview, nor did the email or recruiter tell me to bring my resume, i wasn't even able to explain half of the jobs i had that reflect the experience in the general labor field before being explained again and again what the job is like and if I am okay with working in hot and cold conditions.

Nothing on the website or the recruiter on the phone say that its actually 6 days per week of work , and in the winter they are open on Sunday, basically telling me i would be asked to work every day of the week.

Finally I was told if I don't get a call by the end of the week I didn't get the job , they won't call me to let me know. VERY unprofessional to me but not the most unprofessional I've been to. Im sure this is a great company to work at , just seemed unorganized as far as the interview goes. Also , other interview reviews on Glassdoor show that they have sent people to the wrong address before.

Interview Questions

• are you okay with standing for long periods of time and working in hot and cold conditions ?   1 Answer

Roll-Off Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Woburn, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Manager was despered and told only great things about the job to convence me to leave my job and work for them. He told me you start the job with 2 weeks vacation roght the way, pay bonus to work weekends, etc

Interview Questions

• If I had any experience doing roll off?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

the interview was a joke... there was not much to do, a little sweet talk and bs and you're in. but don't expect to be trained properly either. this company doesn't care if you can answer a phone, keep smiling and you'll be a manager in no time

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

very easy first you get an over the phone interview than you go down to the facility and meet with a supervisor and they ask you the typical interview questions than in about 2-3 weeks you will get a call back offering you the job and they will let you know the next training class.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Waste Management (Lombard, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very chill. The lady that interviewed me was very nice I didn't feel like I was being interviewed. We went threw my work history and asked me basic interview questions. Then she went into detail about the position an always the process (background checks etc)

Interview Questions

• How would I handle an irritated customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not an negotiation phase I was pleased with the offer they gave