Waste Management Operations Management Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Waste Management Operations Management Trainee Interview Questions

Interviews at Waste Management

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Detroit, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with the Operations Improvement Manager, this interview took roughly an hour. And then, roughly a week later I met with the Area Director of Operations. They then have me one day to travel to one of the area sites to see if I liked the position. I was able to start working there within a few weeks time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a safety issue from a pass position, and what did you do to fix it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not need to negotiate as they gave me a fair deal. I would recommend doing your homework on expected pay, and what the job usually pays, and go from there.

Other Interview Reviews for Waste Management

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waste Management (Reno, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

I had to reach out to a recruiter on Linked In to get my resume looked at. Once I did, I was able to get a phone interview within 2 days. About a week later I got another call from a Senior Talent Advisor and she also went over a few details, preparation tips and scheduled my Face to Face interview with one of the hiring managers. The questions were very straight forward. Mostly behavioral and how I would respond in certain situations. Nothing was to hard, or caught me off guard. I was hoping for an interviewer that was a bit more personable, but he seemed like a very nice guy. Soft spoken and had a calm demeanor. Looking forward to the final answer next week. So far this has been a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a subordinate not follow instructions and you had to correct them. What actions did you take and what was the end result?   Answer Question
    • What is your management style?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your goals with Personal development?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your military service and what was your biggest accomplishment?   1 Answer

Operations Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management in April 2016.

Interview

2 phase interview. Phone interview and onsite interview. Easy questions just be willing to work hard. The hiring process is pretty straight forward similar to most companies. Very down to earth people, get used to garbage trucks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the waste industry?
      Give me an example of a safety concern you witnessed.
      How did you resolve this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Waste Management (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Basic interview questions about experience and education. Very casual talking and learning what the position is about.
    Did an original phone screening, then a phone interview with a recruiter, then a brief phone interview with a manager, then a one on one interview with the same manager.

Interview Questions

• Mostly standard questions about strengths and a weakness, how you overcame them, etc.   Answer Question

Operations Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

The Operations Management Trainee is a succession program to train to become a Route Manager. The process is understandably thorough as they need to find the right person who will stay and grow into the role long term.

I had a four step process:

1. One way video interview. You log onto a website and are provided a question. You have unlimited time to prepare, and when ready, you record a video response. You can re-record your response an unlimited number of times. Excellent experience with this interview. Having a chance to reflect on your experience before you record provides you the chance to give a detailed and accurate recording.

2. Video interview with the hiring manager, approx 1 hr. Excellent time here as well with this step in the process. The technology to meet via video works great.

3. Personality test. Received a link to a website and completed a personality inventory.

4. In person interview. I had a crowd of three or four people asking questions. Many topics were regarding leadership (as this would grow into a leadership position), and also work style, work ethic, situational questions etc. Had fun with this step as well.

I didn't receive an offer, but the experience was worth it. I'd go through it again if there was another similar position posted in the future.