Waste Management Operations Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Waste Management Operations Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (New York, NY).

Interview

Received a email to set up a phone interview within a week. The talent acquisition person kept me updated which was great. Phone interview was good, I didn't feel like I was being interrogated. Few days later I got anther email to do an interview in person at the site. Interviewed with 3 people which included the person who was promoted from this position. They asked different questions on what I would do given certain situations. They explained how they all work well together and how the site runs. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• What made you interested in applying for this position?   Answer Question
  • How would you handle a coworker if a Route Manager asked you to ask them to do something and they didn't want to?   Answer Question
  • What would you do if a driver/truck needed a part but the manager was not in office?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Waste Management

Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Interview was straightforward about past work experience. Interviewer seemed a little skeptical because I wore a suit. I had to follow up several times as there seemed to be some indecision on the par of the interviewer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate, but not successful

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Gaithersburg, MD) in February 2014.

Interview

It was an easy interview . The interview consist of a bunch of personality questions.I was interviewed by the district manager and the Office manager.The interview took only 15 minutes. I was mostly hired based off my performance in my previous position with WM.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a specific accomplishment you've achieved in a previous position that indicates you will thrive in this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Waynesburg, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Waynesburg, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

Very prompt and informative. I had to drive 4 hours to attend the interview. The interviewer was very friendly. I was contacted by the recruiter about a week later with an offer.Had to attend week long new hire orientation in Columbus, OH.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to this position at Waste Management.   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management in August 2011.

Interview

was called in to meet with site and district managers. Left not knowing the result. Then received a phone call from a Corporate HR person and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Almost every question was "give an example of how you have handled different situations in the past"   1 Answer

Negotiation

The interviewer told me the job paid $12 hr. I wanted into the company and agreed to the pay. When I was called by an actual HR person I was offered $15 hr. I was happy with that.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Miami, FL) in April 2011.

Interview

Hiring was horrible, and I knew about 5 minutes into the interview that the job was mine. It was very informal, and I didn't talk much at all. He talked and talked and talked and then said I was hired. Didn't ask me much at all. I should have known by this alone, that this company was horrible!!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was with HR, not the hiring manager.