Waste Management Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Waste Management Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Waste Management

2.7

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Took three months from applying to first start date. Phone interview with recruiter. Then video recording interview. Followed up by in person interview. Situational questions. Very easy.

Interview Questions

• All easy situation questions. Tell me about a time you helped a customer....   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Waste Management

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Had a phone interview and was very basic, mostly talked about sales experience. Second interview had a standard sheet they read questions off of and the person with the most points got the job

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

2 interviews. First phone interview then face to face.

Interview Questions

• Give example of one time you faced an obstacle where you disappointed the customer and how did you fix the problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Raleigh, NC) in December 2014.

Interview

First, a recruiter calls and talks through the position. He then schedules an interview.
    The interview lasted about an hour for me. Pretty casual setting. No panel, just one-on-one. Hard to gauge response of interviewer.
    Pay is $45,000 base + 20% commission. This position goes up to $1000 a week contracts. Larger accounts are taken by a large-account specialist.

Interview Questions

• Define 'pipeline'. Lots of technical questions from a 30 page file from corporate. He did not ask all the listed questions, but there is a very structured script that dictates the interview.   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management in November 2011.

Interview

The local people I interviewed with were very nice. I was a referral, but had to formally apply to the position, which was expected. Turns out there is little communication between the local office and the corporate recruiters - I actually received a decline email from the corporate recruiters while I was in the middle of my second interview. (I got the job).

Interview Questions

• Love to win or hate to lose?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2018.

Interview

Phone interview was fine then they send an online video interview for you to do . I have never used an interview tool like this. A question is asked and you are being recorded . The program records your voice and videotapes you. The questions aren’t hard it’s looking at your IPad and seeing yourself trying to answer the questions. I actually fealt like it was a form of discrimination . They could weed me out by my looks and tell what my age was. You supposedly were able to re-record your answers but I tried to give them the first view.
    I was emailed later that I didn’t get to go to the next step of the interview process. I feel that I was very qualified for this job. I had a job very similar to this once and with my skills I could take off running. Their loss.....

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel like you are qualified to do this job.   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waste Management in July 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee and the interview process went very quickly. I spoke to the recruiter on the phone and he set up an interview with the District Manager. The recruiter called me the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• There were no unusual interview questions, typical sales interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO).

Interview

Very quick and simple. Applied online and received a call from corporate recruiter soon thereafter. After a phone interview with the corporate recruiter going over the basic initial questions, I had to complete a short, 5-question online situational questionnaire that recorded video. It was a very simple questionnaire with MAYBE one behavioral-based question--and you got to think about your answer before recording. Then had an in-office interview with the sales manager. It wasn't an interview--more of him telling me the responsibilities of the role and a bit about the market and company itself. He didn't ask me any questions outside of what my previous job was like. Next I spoke to the Area sales manager about a week later, and it was similar--he only asked me a couple of generic questions about my previous experience and my personal history. They seemed to be interested more in how you present yourself and communicate in a quick interaction than on delving into your thought process/sales process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What did you do at your previous role?   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

One interview with recruiter, one with manager and one with regional manager. interview with recruiter was via phone tooks about 15-20mins, interview with manager took about 45mins and interview with regional manager took about 30mins

Interview Questions

• do you like to win or do you hate to loose?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The individual I interviewed with was rude and cut me off after the first question. He would ask a question and then move on to the next before I got two sentences out. It was as if he had ADD or something?

I then followed-up after the interview and never heard anything from the recruiter. Not even a "Thanks, but we've decided to move on".

It was great because I quickly realized if they are hiring this type of person to do the hiring, then the company culture would be the same; unprofessional, cocky and rude with a toxic atmosphere.

I would try Republic Services if you’re interested in the industry. Stay away at all costs!!!