Waste Management Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Waste Management Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Waste Management

2.9

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

One interview with recruiter, one with manager and one with regional manager. interview with recruiter was via phone tooks about 15-20mins, interview with manager took about 45mins and interview with regional manager took about 30mins

Interview Questions

• do you like to win or do you hate to loose?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Waste Management

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO).

Interview

Very quick and simple. Applied online and received a call from corporate recruiter soon thereafter. After a phone interview with the corporate recruiter going over the basic initial questions, I had to complete a short, 5-question online situational questionnaire that recorded video. It was a very simple questionnaire with MAYBE one behavioral-based question--and you got to think about your answer before recording. Then had an in-office interview with the sales manager. It wasn't an interview--more of him telling me the responsibilities of the role and a bit about the market and company itself. He didn't ask me any questions outside of what my previous job was like. Next I spoke to the Area sales manager about a week later, and it was similar--he only asked me a couple of generic questions about my previous experience and my personal history. They seemed to be interested more in how you present yourself and communicate in a quick interaction than on delving into your thought process/sales process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What did you do at your previous role?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2018.

Interview

Phone interview was fine then they send an online video interview for you to do . I have never used an interview tool like this. A question is asked and you are being recorded . The program records your voice and videotapes you. The questions aren’t hard it’s looking at your IPad and seeing yourself trying to answer the questions. I actually fealt like it was a form of discrimination . They could weed me out by my looks and tell what my age was. You supposedly were able to re-record your answers but I tried to give them the first view.
    I was emailed later that I didn’t get to go to the next step of the interview process. I feel that I was very qualified for this job. I had a job very similar to this once and with my skills I could take off running. Their loss.....

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel like you are qualified to do this job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The individual I interviewed with was rude and cut me off after the first question. He would ask a question and then move on to the next before I got two sentences out. It was as if he had ADD or something?

I then followed-up after the interview and never heard anything from the recruiter. Not even a "Thanks, but we've decided to move on".

It was great because I quickly realized if they are hiring this type of person to do the hiring, then the company culture would be the same; unprofessional, cocky and rude with a toxic atmosphere.

I would try Republic Services if you’re interested in the industry. Stay away at all costs!!!

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waste Management in July 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee and the interview process went very quickly. I spoke to the recruiter on the phone and he set up an interview with the District Manager. The recruiter called me the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• There were no unusual interview questions, typical sales interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Raleigh, NC) in March 2014.

Interview

face to face interview more of a get to know you and your personality rather than cookie cutter questions. I was able to answer more on my experience and what I do to make connections rather than have to answer "basic" interview questions. Not a why should I hire you but more of a what do you know about the company and how can you help benefit the team.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the territory?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Waste Management (Commerce, CA).

Interview

First phone call for over the phone interview-was very casual. Then 2nd call for a in personal interview. Meet with supervisor - still very casual. specific question why do you want to work for waste management.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management in November 2011.

Interview

The local people I interviewed with were very nice. I was a referral, but had to formally apply to the position, which was expected. Turns out there is little communication between the local office and the corporate recruiters - I actually received a decline email from the corporate recruiters while I was in the middle of my second interview. (I got the job).

Interview Questions

• Love to win or hate to lose?   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

2 interviews. First phone interview then face to face.

Interview Questions

• Give example of one time you faced an obstacle where you disappointed the customer and how did you fix the problem.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Had a phone interview and was very basic, mostly talked about sales experience. Second interview had a standard sheet they read questions off of and the person with the most points got the job