Waste Management Residential Driver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Waste Management Residential Driver Interview Questions

Interviews at Waste Management

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Sacramento, CA) in July 2019.

Interview

I submitted an application online and received an email from a recruiter within a few days of applying telling me they would like to chat. I had to setup my interview time via the WM website and couldn't schedule anything sooner than a week out.

My recruiter called right at the time I set for the interview. They asked basic questions like my work history, etc. The recruiter felt that I was qualified for the position and told me that they would be forwarding my information to the hiring manager at the terminal I applied at.

A few days after my phone interview I got a call from another recruiter asking me if my in-person interview had been setup. I told them it had not and they asked me when I would be available to come in for an interview. I asked for an interview that Friday and it was scheduled.

Upon arriving at the terminal for my interview I was told that the hiring manager had already left for the day. According to the route manager, who was in the lobby when I walked in, the recruiter had set two appointments an hour apart by accident and the hiring manager was expecting me an hour earlier than I arrived. The route manager conducted a quick interview and told me that he thought I was a good fit for the position and that he'd be passing my information along to the hiring manager when she was back in the office the following Monday.

Monday comes along and I had not heard back about a follow-up interview, so I called my recruiter and asked what the next steps were. They confirmed that the hiring manager still wanted me to come in for an interview and a second interview was scheduled for the following day.

I arrived the next day and met with the hiring and terminal managers. We discussed various aspects of the job and my relevant work experience. They were both nice enough, however the hiring manager did not seem very enthusiastic about the interview. I was told I would here back about the position by the end of the week.

The next day I received a phone call from my recruiter telling me that they were extending me a job offer pending a background check, drug test and DOT physical.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel that you are a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Waste Management

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairborn, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Waste Management (Fairborn, OH) in March 2010.

Interview

Was contacted by HR represenative from Waste management, to ask if I was interested, and I said yes, she then asked about 5 questions most based on safety, and what if's. she had never driver so I don't think she really understood the answers, they do not seem to up on Department of Transportaion (DOT) rules and regulations as they pertain to a driver CDL-A

Interview Questions

• What to do with an angry customer   1 Answer
    • What safety measure do you take before driving   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Orlando, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

the hiring process took about a week and a half. it was a phone interview and then a one on one interview the following week. I had excellent credentials. i don't know if they didn't offer me the job because i just moved down from NY.

Interview Questions

• what safety precautions would you take while driving?   1 Answer

Residential Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

They used a 3rd party to do all the interviewing. I thought this was very inefficient and awkward. It also took a lot of time to get hired. 3 months!

Anonymous Employee in Bradenton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Bradenton, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call approximately 1 week later to schedule an interview and at this time wages were discussed. Arrived for interview. Spoke with the DM for approximately an hour, no decision was made from WM at the time of the interview. Approximately 10 days later I received a phone cal from the DM with a start date and location for drug test and CDL physical.

Interview Questions

• They asked why I wanted to drive a garbage truck and if I needed to give two weeks notice to mu current employer.   1 Answer

Residential Driver Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

I was interviewed by one of the route managers when I went to a job fair they had. We talked about my previous work experience, driving experience, he explained the position, and I was then offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had difficulty working with a group of people   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okeechobee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waste Management (Okeechobee, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

The manager lets you know the job is very physical and isn't for everyone. It was a good interview that lets you find out anything you want to know about the company as well as them getting to know you. Overall the manager was very professional and answered all my questions and I was satisfied with the information he gave.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to the company if brought on board?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arnold, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Arnold, MO) in May 2017.

Interview

Was interviewed one day after contact. Questions in th ed interview did involve a lot of thinking. It was not intimidating though. I dressed for success. The interviewer left plenty of room for the interviewee to dominate the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Burnsville, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Burnsville, MN) in August 2017.

Interview

The process is long as it was difficult for me to get an offer. I was persistent and had a total of 4 recruitment interviews and 3 face to face. HR contacts you after you apply to a position if you meet the criteria. I received server all emails stating they were moving on with other candidates. The recruiter may give a phone interview in which if successful they will schedule an interview at the location. Recruiters don't actually work at the desired location they are located in Illinois. At the location you will meet with a route manager and be asked a serious of required questions. Either you will receive an offer or an email stating they have chosen to move forward with other candidates. Be persistent and go to hiring events!

Interview Questions

• Why is safety important?
      Tell me about a time when it was difficult to work with a co worker? What did you do?
      Tell me a time you were unsafe? What did you do? How did you correct it?
      What safety duties do you do for your current job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

3 step interview process. Quick over the phone asking how you feel about safety. 2 in person interviews with 2 diffferent managers. Ask how you would feel about picking up trash. How would you dealing with maggots and the terrible smell. How would you handle fatigue.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle being around disgusting trash.   1 Answer