Waste Management Residential Driver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Waste Management Residential Driver Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Arnold, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Arnold, MO) in May 2017.

Interview

Was interviewed one day after contact. Questions in th ed interview did involve a lot of thinking. It was not intimidating though. I dressed for success. The interviewer left plenty of room for the interviewee to dominate the interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a dangerous safety situation?   Answer Question
  • How did you handle a difficult situation with a co-worker?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Waste Management

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okeechobee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waste Management (Okeechobee, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

The manager lets you know the job is very physical and isn't for everyone. It was a good interview that lets you find out anything you want to know about the company as well as them getting to know you. Overall the manager was very professional and answered all my questions and I was satisfied with the information he gave.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to the company if brought on board?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online . Received phone interview the next day. Then was scheduled for face to face interview on the phone for then next week. Got offered at the end of interview . The place was VERY VERY CLEAN . So amazing . Great ppl all nice people

Interview Questions

• How important is safety ?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time when something unsafe happened . What did you do and how did you make it safe ?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time something went wrong on the job what did you do ?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time you and a coworker had a big disagreement. What happened and how did you resolve?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Norcross, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

The manager very friendly. Didn't ask me none of the question on here.explain to me the whole process. Told me he have more people to be interview. He would pick the best one. Verify my phone number. Hopefully they would call me back.

Interview Questions

• From 1 to 10 how good are you with a commercial Cdl lincense . With 10 being the best. Give me a number and why?   1 Answer

Residential Driver Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Applied for the position on their actual website.. Received an email (less than a week) stating that they liked my experience and wanted to schedule a phone interview..I followed the link from the email and scheduled phone interview..It went well, and I was scheduled for a face to face interview at the location that I initially applied for, with the route manager..After ensuring the route manager on how much of "dependable hard worker" and "team player" I was, and relaying to her just "how much the importance of safety was to me", I left the interview quiet confident they'd call..less than a week passed and I received a call asking if I was still interested, which I accepted..Received offer letter, onboarding paper work, background, physical and drug test forms via email.. Signed, filled out everything and off I went to the clinic..3 days later I received a "Welcome to WM" from the route manger that i'd interviewed with prior..i start in 2 weeks!! whole process took a little over two weeks from when initially applied online.

Anonymous Employee in Lewisburg, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waste Management (Lewisburg, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

After filling out online app I was sent an email. The email had link for me to go to. The link allowed me to set up a time for a 15 min phone interview. The recruiter called promptly at the set time and asked questions about my experiences and safety. I was then moved on to the face to face interview. The hiring manager explained the job and asked 5 situation questions. A week later I was sent an offer letter via email. After accepting letter I had to go for drug screen and physical.

Interview Questions

• A time you worked with a group or employer that was difficult and how you handled it ?   Answer Question
    • The strictest safety rule you ever worked under ?   Answer Question
    • How important is safety to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I knew from face to face what pay was. They send an offer letter for the job. No negotiations but pay was fair enough it wouldn't have been needed anyway

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Waste Management (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2016.

Interview

Very smooth and quick. Applied online, got an email the next day requesting a phone interview. Made the call and set it up, they called me right on time. Asked some questions mostly about safety at my past jobs, and then offered me an in person interview. Didn't proceed past this point because I was in the process of relocation and they needed someone immediately.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you received on the job training and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Henderson, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

it was very easy going and they made me feel comfortable from the start to the end. Even waiting in the front was not a stressful event . People just kept coming up talking to me about any and everything. i lost track of how many times somebody came up and asked me if i needed anything. All around great company with a great interviewing process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waste Management (Orlando, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

the hiring process took about a week and a half. it was a phone interview and then a one on one interview the following week. I had excellent credentials. i don't know if they didn't offer me the job because i just moved down from NY.

Interview Questions

• what safety precautions would you take while driving?   1 Answer

Residential Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

They used a 3rd party to do all the interviewing. I thought this was very inefficient and awkward. It also took a lot of time to get hired. 3 months!