Watson Wyatt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Watson Wyatt Interview Questions

2.9

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Watson Wyatt (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Started with submitting application thru their portal.
    Then completed a phone interview that lead to person to person interview with four other team members. Each interview was scheduled for 30 minutes each. After that a written test was provided that had 20 questions. Then a couple of simple practical application tests were performed. A final interview with the manager of the position was conducted at which time my testing was discussed.

The interview process was organized and thorough it's what I would expect from a company this size.
    Overall the experience was a positive one and didn't have any complaints.

Interview Questions

• What was the worse scenario that I had happen and how did I handle it.   1 Answer

Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Watson Wyatt (Atlanta, GA) in May 2011.

Interview

phone interview, in office interview with 3 people, follow up giving a presentation. quick, efficient and was good with presentation. didn't feel arbitrary. not too long, not too short

Consulting Actuary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Watson Wyatt (Washington, DC) in January 2011.

Interview

met with 7 people on multiple days and it came down to if they liked you or not. not pressure filled interviews. most of the people were very nice and genuine. it was multiple 30 minute in person interviews

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Watson Wyatt (Boston, MA) in February 2010.

Interview

I submitted my resume CV and online and got a phone interview by email.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember exactly how it went, but he gave me a scenario and explain all the sum of monetary figures. It was a very broad question that involved specific numbers while reading the newspaper. I have many years of interviewing potential job candidates, and I don't think that it was a well-designed question at all. The interviewer began the call how tired he was as a result of being in a series of meetings between his travels.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Watson Wyatt (Boston, MA) in October 2009.

Interview

Only had the first interview with a couple of guys for the Actuarial Analyst position in Fall 2009. They were asking mostly typical behavioral questions and needed specific examples in the answers. I was told they would contact me within a week to tell me if I have moved on to the next stage of interviewing but it took them more like three weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation in which you had to show a great amount of patience with someone you were working with.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Watson Wyatt in August 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter and pre-interviewed. This was a basic interview to measure my skill level and go over my resume. I then had a phone interview with the hiring manager and her manager, I assume to see if they wanted to consider me further. Following that interview, I signed permission for a background check and was given a copy of the company benefits. Their scheduling center set me up with 2 more phone interviews and 2 face to face. This consisted of phone interviews with a developer and a project manager who were both based in different cities. I also met face to face with the HR representative for the area and with the hiring manager.

The actual interviews were not difficult. I think they were trying to determine my current skill set, my aptitude for learning, and overall fit with the company. It was stressed that the job involved some travel as well as lots of overtime during half of the year.

The employees all seemed intelligent, well spoken, and were overall really happy with their jobs. I did get the impression that they were all really into their work - didn't have much of a work/life balance but were fine with it.

The benefits package was interesting. I expected a better health plan from an HR consulting firm. They only offer one high deductible PPO option but do contribute towards an HSA for their employees. The PTO was interesting. You had the option to purchase additional hours. The company also offers a pension plan, although who knows how much those can be counted on. Lastly, and perhaps one of the most valuable benefits, the company is very virtual. Some employees work exclusively from home and others just here and there. I think generally, most employees are in the office more often than not but when working long hours, the ability to work from is a great benefit in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember anything extremely difficult. Maybe how I have handled conflicting priorities for difficult clients in the past.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Watson Wyatt (New York, NY) in February 2009.

Interview

Phone interview followed by 6 on-site interviews. Interviews were on the informal side and the interviewees were very friendly and forthcoming. The structure of the interviews didn't vary.

Interview Questions

• What was your most challenging experience and how did you tackle it?   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Watson Wyatt (Wellesley, MA) in January 2009.

Interview

Typical behavioral interview. Sat through three one on one interviews with the more outspoken and friendly members of the staff. The truth is that these people were the only friendly workers at the company so it gave an unrealistic view of the company. The interview process was not challenging but required you to be able to effectively communicate how you would work on teams and handle difficult situations.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to talk about your social media and how you overcame difficult challenges/obstacles in life.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Without a masters or experience there was very little room to negotiate.

Actuary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Watson Wyatt (Chicago, IL) in May 2008.

Interview

In general, an average interview in terms of an actuarial interview. Initial phone interview, few questions related to resume. 1 on 1 interview about actuarial exams and possible projects. Didn't get a call back.

Actuarial Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Watson Wyatt (San Francisco, CA) in April 2008.

Interview

Talked with the senior actuaries and learned about what the company does. The interviewers asked basic questions like "what jobs have you had", "how many exams have you passed", etc. At the end there was lunch provided.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about actuarial consulting vs other actuarial jobs?   Answer Question