Wawa Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wawa Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wawa (Saint Petersburg, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Initially I applied online about an hour later I decided to call and asked if they were currently reviewing applications. The ASM answered and was amazingly nice and told me that she would be pulling applications the next day. I got a call the following day and scheduled a phone interview for Monday. The phone interview was really basic stating what the company has to offer and getting to know you better. After our conversation she scheduled me for a face to face interview the following weekend. It was conducted by the ASM and the BFM both were extremely nice and started asking simple personality questions. There were some customer based scenarios given and team work based scenarios to make sure your personality and goals aligned with their organizations goals. Four days later I got the call saying that they definitely wanted to hire me and to come in this Friday to get all the paperwork filled out!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a mistake? Did you tell your manager? If so, how did you go about telling your manager?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Wawa

Anonymous Employee in Port Orange, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wawa (Port Orange, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

The reason why my interview did not take place for 2 weeks is because they had not started interviewing for the New Smyrna Beach location, opening in December, yet.
         I received an unexpected phone call from a Port Orange, FL WaWa associate named Devin regarding my recent application and asked if I had time to do a phone interview. As awkward as "Phone Interview" usually are, he was very pleasant and easy to talk to from the get go. I inquired about my employment history and and experience, current employer (Provided on my resume submitted online), my flexibility and availability for all shift-weekends-holiday and why I would like to be a part of the WaWa team. He ended conversation with a request for a face to face interview. (Length of time: 10min)
         The next day was the Face to Face interview where I arrived 10 minutes early in business casual attire. I was greeted by Devin from the previous days phone interview, he was very welcoming and carried a cheerful smile. He escorted me to a back room with a table and two gentleman sitting patiently. Seemed intimidating at first sight until I was greeted with more cheerful smiles and introductions. Come to find out...the two gentleman were actually my potential GM and AGM for the new WaWa location I was interviewing for. My GM (1.5yrs w/ WaWa), Danny, asked the professional questions referring to my employment history, education, availability, WaWa's background, values, benefits, room for advancement, positions and store hours. He also asked questions in regards to job specific scenarios. My AGM (2yrs w/ WaWa), Ian, asked questions that seemed personality based as well as workplace value and skill scenarios. After about 24 minutes into interview...it was over...but we continued to converse about our personal lives as if I'd know them for longer than those 24 minutes. I was informed that they would be interviewing 60+candidates...hiring 25...and will be in contact within two to thre days with their decision. (Length of time: 30min) Less then 24 hours later my GM called offering me a position with the WaWa family!
           I then had to go to same location as interview to complete my hire on paperwork via desktop and provide certain documents like DL, SSN, Direct deposit info etc and received my training schedule. (Length of time: 30min)
           Our NSB WaWa orientation is this Tuesday and I am so excited to get started. Even though I do have a full-time (3 days a week) job with another employer, I am super excited to start an additional adventure with WaWa.
           The interviews themselves were very laid back, comfortable and all around easy-peasy! Smile, make continuous eye contact, answer all questions honestly, Be yourself. Central Florida WaWa seems to have a significant interest in new hires that are hard working team players that can multi-task, cross train, are reliable/flexible and have exceptional customer service personalities and values.
             I am excited to be part of the WaWa NSB, FL team, Thank you Danny, Ian and Devin for allowing me to do just that!!
             I realize my interview review is extremely detailed...I just want to provide my personal experience with how professional yet comforting my hiring experience has been so far. I have read too many negative Nancy reviews, pros and cons and thought I would leave some inspiration for anyone interested in joining the WaWa family!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell us if a time in your work experience where you had to handle multiple tasks going on all at once...How did you handle it?   1 Answer
    • Tell us of a time where you made sure a customer experience a satisfying experience.   Answer Question
    • Tell us a little bit about yourself and how you feel you would be an asset to our WaWa team.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you succeeded as part of a team.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you failed as part of a team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in Rehoboth Beach, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wawa (Rehoboth Beach, DE).

Interview

Very quick. I applied online after seeing a poster out front of a new store that was being built. Application took 10 minutes. I got a call to meet a week later. Interview on a Friday, hired and came to work a 35 hour week the following Monday. My boss chatted to me for a little while and we talked about my experience and college. She said college students with business majors can move up her easily. She immediately liked me said "I think you have a good head on your shoulders to I'm going to hire you right now". I started two days later. My pay started at 11.00 and I got 3 raises after less than a year. I make 12.50 now. Been there for a year and 3 months.

Interview Questions

• Any experience? Some questions about yourself.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wawa (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online which they never got back to me so i took the initiative an called them about my application. Called back every couple of days untill they scheduled an interview which was simple.

Interview Questions

• What time was i available.   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Interview

Few questions about how you would do at the store an interact with the customers. They want to make sure you are a good fit for the company and their message.

Interview Questions

• What do you have to offer?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wawa.

Interview

Two interviews. Phone is to get a better understanding on your background, why you want to be in the company, and other basics such as transportation. One phone and one in person. Very basic questions if you've ever been on an interview. Greatest strength, weakness, etc. What managers are looking for in these interviews are energy, a sense of responsibility both ethically and for the rules. And of course a commitment to satisfying customers.

Interview Questions

• What's your definition of fun at work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Old Bridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wawa (Old Bridge, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

I spoke to the general manager in the back office about my work experience and got a general description of how the store was run. Spoke about my personal reasons for applying and my scheduling. It was your general interview for a food service job. Nothing out of the ordinary but also nothing you wouldn't expect. I was offered a position at the end of the interview. I don't know how common that is, but my prior work experience was very similar to what I would be doing there so it just fit.

Interview Questions

• They were curious about your general outlook on work and how you handle the general tasks.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boyertown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wawa (Boyertown, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard interview. Asked about work scenarios and how you would handle them. Asked about strengths and weaknesses. Accomplishments at prior employers. It seemed like the interviewer had standard questions that wawa required him to ask. I got offered a position which I accepted but was informed I needed to complete background check. I had received a second DUI and I was upfront and honest about that and told them before completing check. They told me oh no we don't judge you! The computer just tells us if you pass or not! Then I was given the run around for weeks about getting the background check back. I was told the background check could not be completed of pending charges. I just think they decided they didn't want to hire me at that point. I'm in recovery now and hate that I was judged on bad decision.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wawa (Richmond, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

I had two different stores contact me. The second store actually set up the interview. The interview was in store but not the one I applied for. Two people were present for the interview a regional and a general manager. The interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Wawa (Orlando, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied July 2015, got a call February 2016. The interview was really easy, they basically just make sure you can talk to people and listen to what they tell you. Wawa is a corporate business so expect a very standard interview.