Wawa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wawa Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Rehoboth Beach, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wawa (Rehoboth Beach, DE).

Interview

Very quick. I applied online after seeing a poster out front of a new store that was being built. Application took 10 minutes. I got a call to meet a week later. Interview on a Friday, hired and came to work a 35 hour week the following Monday. My boss chatted to me for a little while and we talked about my experience and college. She said college students with business majors can move up her easily. She immediately liked me said "I think you have a good head on your shoulders to I'm going to hire you right now". I started two days later. My pay started at 11.00 and I got 3 raises after less than a year. I make 12.50 now. Been there for a year and 3 months.

Interview Questions

• Any experience? Some questions about yourself.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wawa (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online which they never got back to me so i took the initiative an called them about my application. Called back every couple of days untill they scheduled an interview which was simple.

Interview Questions

• What time was i available.   1 Answer

Interview

Few questions about how you would do at the store an interact with the customers. They want to make sure you are a good fit for the company and their message.

Interview Questions

• What do you have to offer?   1 Answer

GM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wawa (Richmond, VA).

Interview

There was a screening first look interview, then a sit down with the AM. Lastly, a interview with the AM and director. Many real life scenarios and a detailed review of the resume and work history.

Interview Questions

• How do you hold your team accountable.   1 Answer

Night Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Claymont, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wawa (Claymont, DE) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Few days later I was contacted by the store manager for the face to face interview. The interview was short and very easy. Most of the questions were behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Food and Beverage Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlott Hall, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wawa (Charlott Hall, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter for an over-the-phone interview. This phase was a 2-step process. When he first called me he told me a little about the benefits of the company and the position I was applying for, as well as some future plans for company expansion and his history with Wawa. After he hyped me up, he told me to do some research by going to the Wawa website and coming onto Glassdoor. He also requested that I go and talk to employees about their experience with the company. He set up another over-the-phone interview for about a week later. After the second phase of the phone interview process, he set up a face-to-face interview at one of the Wawa stores for about a week later. Unfortunately he forgot to tell them I was coming but that's water under the bridge. This interview consisted of a 3-panel team of managers asking typical management-oriented questions. At the end, they informed me of the structure of managers and basically told me that the position I had applied for might be too much being that I have no Assistant Manager experience. Regardless, they told me that they would call me to let me know if they were going to hire me or not by the end of that week. They did not call me within that time frame, but I did eventually get a call back and was offered a position more suited to my management experience.

Interview Questions

• Were you in charge of training? If so, how did you ensure proper training was taking place?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle working with minors (i.e. keeping them focused on tasks)?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wawa.

Interview

Two interviews. Phone is to get a better understanding on your background, why you want to be in the company, and other basics such as transportation. One phone and one in person. Very basic questions if you've ever been on an interview. Greatest strength, weakness, etc. What managers are looking for in these interviews are energy, a sense of responsibility both ethically and for the rules. And of course a commitment to satisfying customers.

Interview Questions

• What's your definition of fun at work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Old Bridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wawa (Old Bridge, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

I spoke to the general manager in the back office about my work experience and got a general description of how the store was run. Spoke about my personal reasons for applying and my scheduling. It was your general interview for a food service job. Nothing out of the ordinary but also nothing you wouldn't expect. I was offered a position at the end of the interview. I don't know how common that is, but my prior work experience was very similar to what I would be doing there so it just fit.

Interview Questions

• They were curious about your general outlook on work and how you handle the general tasks.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swedesboro, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wawa (Swedesboro, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an onsite interview where I met with two people. Manager and Assistant Manager. Took a tour of the facilities in which I would be working after.

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willingboro, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wawa (Willingboro, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call interview primarily which went well. Then was offered a face to face interview after m background check was reviewed. Met with the hiring coordinator in the area and it wasn't easy to tell whether he was appeased or not. He had the whole "Psychiatrist expressionless face" thing going on as he asked me questions. It consisted of 7 questions and required me to bring two copies of my resume and 3 examples of employee development.

Interview Questions

• Describe an example of maintaining good relationships with vendors and customers.   Answer Question
    • Name a situation where you faced a challenge and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you faced a conflict with an employee and how did you handle it?   Answer Question