Wawa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.3

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willingboro, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wawa (Willingboro, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call interview primarily which went well. Then was offered a face to face interview after m background check was reviewed. Met with the hiring coordinator in the area and it wasn't easy to tell whether he was appeased or not. He had the whole "Psychiatrist expressionless face" thing going on as he asked me questions. It consisted of 7 questions and required me to bring two copies of my resume and 3 examples of employee development.

Interview Questions

• Describe an example of maintaining good relationships with vendors and customers.   Answer Question
    • Name a situation where you faced a challenge and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you faced a conflict with an employee and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wawa (West Melbourne, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Easiest interview I have ever done! Wawa associates made me feel very welcome and got me excited about working for Wawa! I can't wait to start my new career at WAWA!

Interview Questions

• What was instance where you went above and beyond your job description?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boyertown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wawa (Boyertown, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard interview. Asked about work scenarios and how you would handle them. Asked about strengths and weaknesses. Accomplishments at prior employers. It seemed like the interviewer had standard questions that wawa required him to ask. I got offered a position which I accepted but was informed I needed to complete background check. I had received a second DUI and I was upfront and honest about that and told them before completing check. They told me oh no we don't judge you! The computer just tells us if you pass or not! Then I was given the run around for weeks about getting the background check back. I was told the background check could not be completed of pending charges. I just think they decided they didn't want to hire me at that point. I'm in recovery now and hate that I was judged on bad decision.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wawa (Richmond, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

I had two different stores contact me. The second store actually set up the interview. The interview was in store but not the one I applied for. Two people were present for the interview a regional and a general manager. The interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Wawa (Orlando, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied July 2015, got a call February 2016. The interview was really easy, they basically just make sure you can talk to people and listen to what they tell you. Wawa is a corporate business so expect a very standard interview.

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wawa (Cherry Hill, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

They ask you to come in for an interview and take you to the manager office where they ask you basic and easy questions. Managers are friendly and interested to hear what you have to say.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about yourself"
      " What would make you a great choice for Wawa"
      "Why did you choose to apply for Wawa"   1 Answer

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wawa (Trenton, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

Two phone calls with a corporate recruiter and a final in-person interview with the area manager. Also was asked by the recruiter to go visit a store's general manager and ask questions about the company and working there. Basically looking for leadership experience and potential. Make sure you know their six core values and how you have used those values in previous work situations.

Interview Questions

• Explain your leadership style.   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wawa (Chesapeake, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Informal and laid back. Two store managers sit with you and ask various questions about you experience and knowledge of convenient store work. They were nice and had a good sense of humor which made the whole atmosphere more comfortable.

Interview Questions

• They have a little vision board with the company values on it and they ask you which one is the most important to you and why.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Paoli, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wawa (Paoli, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

I had to complete a 2 interview process, first with the Assistant GM and then the 2nd with the GM, prior to interview, had to pass a phone interview and a background check prior to scheduling the in person interview

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions   1 Answer

Fuel Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wawa.

Interview

Basic call and bug them until they invite you in and they interview you (two managers) and then in a few days they call you back if they liked you and you start training. After three days training then you're free and clear to be on your own.