Wawa Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toms River, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wawa (Toms River, NJ) in July 2011.

Interview

I was called by who I believe was a district manager to interview for a manager position. I missed his initial call, but called him back as soon as possible, a few hours later. He answered the phone and thanked me for calling him back. He said he was very happy that I had returned his call as he was interested in knowing more about my previous work experience, as I had previously worked in a management position with a large dining services corporation. I began telling him about my previous employment, when he interrupted me to say that he had just ran a background check on, during our phone conversation, and that he could no longer continue the conversation and would have to end the call. I said "I'm sorry?" and he again said that he would have to end the call. I asked him what had happened and he said he could not see any additional information on his computer other than that the phone call would have to end. He provided me with the name of the background check company that they use, said the background check company would be mailing me something, thanked me again for returning his call and apologized, and then hung up. I was baffled, as I have never been arrested, been to court for anything other than a minor traffic violation over 10 years ago, and I've never had any legal troubles. I was very concerned with his inability to provide me any details, and his abrupt end to our conversation, so in a panic, I purchased a background check from the company he said that they used (Acxiom). The background check that I purchased from the same company came back clear. I'm still very confused about everything that had happened, and I'm extremely dissatisfied with how the situation was handled by my interviewer, regarding the lack of information that I was provided, and the abrupt end to the call. Furthermore, federal law states that I need to be notified as to the reason that I am not eligible for a position with a company based on my background information prior to the company notifying me that I am not eligible because of the results of a background check - this protocol clearly did not take place properly.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about your previous work experience?   1 Answer