Wayfair Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 14, 2017

3.4

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was easy going had a bunch of great people to talk to. Wayfair definitely wants to see how well you fit into the company and what you bring to the table. I would say fitting in matters more than your technical abilities. There were two 45 min interviews where the first part was more general interview questions. The second was geared towards doing case studies to test your abilities.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wayfair

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

Applied online and a few days later was contacted by HR to set up a phone interview. It went very well and lasted a little over 30 mins and was told I would be great addition and that I was personable with all the necessary skills. I sent a thank you email and did not hear back for 5 days to which I followed up twice.
    I received an email from HR setting up a phone interview with a manager for the next day. It went well and the conversation ended on a positive note stating that I had a lot of great and applicable experience and that I would be great for this team. Another four days passed to which I followed up with no response. I received an email from another HR person stating that the prior HR rep was fired (after being there for 2 months.) She wanted to set up a phone interview to which I said I already spoke with him/her and that it went well. About 3 hours later I received a generic rejection email stating I had great skills but would not be a good fit for the team.
    Overall process was horribly disorganized and reflects poorly on this company.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

5-10 min phone screening with recruiter
    30 min phone interview with two hiring managers
    3 hour interview with team at Wayfair offices, spoke with 5 people total
    30 min phone call describing position and offering job
    all happened in timely manner, recruiter was very good with communicating process

Interview Questions

• Why Wayfair? Where do you want to be in five years? Skills questions, etc   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

The in-person interview was two 45-minute interviews. Be aware that they do not reimburse for transportation if you're "local" (and did not inform this beforehand), while other similar sized-companies in same industry in the Boston area do reimburse.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair in April 2017.

Interview

Heard beard from recruiter a few weeks after applying online requesting for a phone screening. The plan was for Friday morning the following week. Recruiter emailed within minutes of scheduled time that she wanted to reschedule for following afternoon that same day. Attempted to set up a time for that Friday afternoon, but recruiter did not respond back until Monday, asking to set up a day and time for that week. Once again, the plan was for Friday morning, but the recruiter did not call at all, even after more than half an hour after the allotted time. Emailed the recruiter attempting to set up a phone screening a third time but have not heard back since.

Either the recruiter has ghosted me or they have moved on with the application process, but even so most companies will have the decency to tell one if they did not make the cut.

Overall, a very negative interview process not because of the questions they asked, but because the recruiter was being very difficult to work with and to put lightly, very unprofessional. If HR and talent acquisition are supposed to be the face of the company, then this reflects very poorly on Wayfair as a whole.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of this interview was trying to get the recruiter to call the applicant on the scheduled day and time like they had planned.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview with two managers in the dept you're applying for. It was a very relaxed conversation about the job and your experience. Then the next step was going into their Boston offices, and I had four 30 minute interviews. Two of them involved case questions and the other two were just conversations. The case questions were current problems that they were working on, and they asked me how I would go about solving them. Overall, a really good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

Initial screening via phone and then a day of interviews on-site. Met with junior to senior management, all of whom were bright and engaged people. Great working environment.

Interview Questions

• How would you tackle setting up a new pricing system while dealing with the day-to-day task of pricing hundreds of items?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

People were very friendly. I can't say much about the recruiter, but the hiring manager and team were all very impressive. I met with five people during my first interview. Some asked case related questions, and some were entirely behavioral. If you seem too qualified, come prepared to ask why you want to work at Wayfair

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

I went through this during college and it has since changed a bit.

First round includes case either over the phone or in person depending on location - must do well on the case to move on to the final round
    Final round includes 2 cases and a behavioral interview - must do well on at least 2 out of 3 to even be considered

Interview Questions

• The cases can be tricky. However you don't need to get it right the first time   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little negotiating room