Wayfair Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

2.8

316 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Supplier Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA).

Interview

Recruiter was quick to get back to me. Phone screen and then 2 rounds of in person. The in person interview was a little intense as you meet with different managers from different teams and they assess where you would fit best.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA).

Interview

A couple of calls and then in-person interview. Generic get-to-know-you interview questions. They are looking for analytical people and will present typical business cases for you to solve. It wasn't overly difficult but felt very corporate.

Interview Questions

• How does your past work experience connect with what you're applying for today?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email the next day asking for my availability for a half hour phone interview. I give it and me and the recruiter agree for a date a couple days in the future.

The day comes and I wait over half an hour. I get no call. I email the recruiter asking if I'm still under consideration and he said he had to leave the office early. I received no email notifying me of a change in his schedule, which is what I'm used to. Instead I wasted time expecting a phone call that never came.

We agree on another date in the future. The interviewer was 20 minutes late but did call me. Seemed extremely uninterested over the phone. What was supposed to be a 30 min interview turned into more of a 10 minute conversation, perhaps because he was late and didn't want to waste time on the interview.

Asked me 2 easy questions (What do you know about Wayfair, explain your most recent internship experience in some greater detail) then asked if I had any questions.

Got a generic rejection email a couple days later. No idea why I got rejected, but I have never encountered such unprofessional behavior during a job search.

Performance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen, followed by another phone interview with managers, video chat- case and then in-person interview rounds. Met with several different managers from the different teams to gauge a fit

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview is easy but meaningless. I got an interview from a senior HR and in the second phone interview was with two managers asking some questions about my background.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself and talk about the projects related to their work.   Answer Question

Category Associate Interview

Application

Interview

Brief phone screen followed by an in-person interview with 3 different pairs of interviewers. The panels were broken down in the following order: situational, case study and personality/culture fit. Pretty straight forward.

Never heard back one way or the other, but it was still a smooth process regardless.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if product A performed poorly in a certain month?   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA).

Interview

In summary, Wayfair is full of ex top manangement consulting executives and that's why they utilize the case interview. Also, please do your research on their RSU before you take a portion of your salary in it, based on the reviews on Glassdoor I don't think you will last long enough to be vested to cash out.

All in all, if you are looking to be in Management Consulting you should apply at a top firm and be paid the high compensation that comes with the role.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was easy going had a bunch of great people to talk to. Wayfair definitely wants to see how well you fit into the company and what you bring to the table. I would say fitting in matters more than your technical abilities. There were two 45 min interviews where the first part was more general interview questions. The second was geared towards doing case studies to test your abilities.

Analyst--Pricing Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, phone screen with HR person, phone interview with team member, in person interview that consisted of interviewing with 3 team members--1 pricing case study and a few mini business problem cases

Interview Questions

• If a category manager came to you asking to lower prices of goods because their sales growth has been low, what would you evaluate and tell them?   Answer Question

Experienced Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied through the careers website, recruiter followed up shortly after with a brief screening call and scheduled a two stage interview. First a traditional session with two managers, then a practical session.

Interview Questions

• The practical session contained three exercises: Excel, SQL, website critique.   1 Answer