Wayfair Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wayfair Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Wayfair

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in July 2010.

Interview

Phone call involves a "walk me through your resume" standard question, and then a mini-case talking about general SEO. Second round interview was just a bunch of skills tests about whether or not you can do algebra on the spot to figure out some common scenarios. Also did a market sizing question and a regular non-numbers type case. Consisted of three, two person interviews. Employees seemed generally dry and bored with their work. After you do some of these cases, you might be pretty bored too. Having fumbled a case, not surprised I wasn't offered a position.

Interview Questions

• How many windows are there in Boston?   1 Answer
  • What other industries are you applying within?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wayfair

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

First Round was primarily a case interview on campus

Second Round was a superday at their offices, interviewed with 3 team members, 2 of which were case interviews and one of which was behavioral.

The first case was fairly basic, a bit more quantitative. The second case asked more about qualitative factors.

Overall the process was fairly straightforward, they put you up in a nice hotel that is very close to the offices.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through college recruiting program. I had a first round interview on campus and then a Super-Day in Boston comprised of 3 consecutive interviews (2 had cases, one was pure fit). There also was a small, informal panel of current employees in the position for which I was applying. They were very open to answering questions open and honestly.

The people I met were very positive and happy to be working at their company. They made me feel right at home.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

First round phone interview with a current data analytics employee. About 45 minutes in length. Didn't really click with the interviewer which I think was mainly because there was no face-to-face interaction. 100% focused on data analysis, my experience with, what type of programs etc., which I found to be pretty unfair and just a product of the interviewer I had. 30 mins of interview was a case study. It was very challenging to do over the phone and this is where I faltered. It was difficult to catch numbers and such. Know click-through-rates and other type of marketing terms and search engine optimization terms. Also practice algebraic substitution.

Interview Questions

• The case study was very different from typical practice cases (search engine optimization/marketing based)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA).

Interview

Went through the on campus interviewing process. Very positive experience. Was impressed with the senior people I met. Turn around was very quick. The interview involved case, fit and experience based questions. First round was on campus and the second was on site in Boston. There were four rounds of interviews in the second round.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair in October 2014.

Interview

Went through on campus recruiting process - submitted a resume and cover letter and was contacted within the week for a first round phone interview. I had assumed that it would just be behavioral questions, but when I got more information I was informed that I'd be doing a case. My interviewer had only been at Wayfair for a few months but she was very friendly and professional. I stumbled on the case (fairly simple figuring out budget allocation for paid search) but had a positive experience otherwise.

Interview Questions

• What could be the reason for declining click-throughs on paid search ads? How would you suggest remedying this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in November 2009.

Interview

A week after sending my resume I called to confirm they received it. The manager said she had not looked at them yet, then later that night the HR representitve emailed me to set up a phone interview. I had a phone interview later in the week. It was mostly asking questions about what I had on my resume, including past experience and projects I had completed in college. The next day I got an email to set up an in-person interview in Boston. The interview consisted of three groups of people (future peers, managers, and a VP) of asking very similar questions. Also, there were two seperate skills tests focused around Google AdWords concepts.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in August 2013.

Interview

Very clear and concise. They promote their competitive work/life balance and benefits. You do a typical phone interview, and then they follow it up with an in-office interview. Very standard fare, but you get a good sense of the wayfair corporate culture from the very beginning

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Received a phone call. They described the position, asked me about my interest in the job and company, and then some questions to vet my analytical skills. It was somewhat awkward overall, in part because I come from a very atypical background.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond is asked to why a particular group isn't doing as well as others?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA).

Interview

A recruiter contacted me based on my LinkedIn profile. I went through a phone screen before interviewing at the office within the following couple of weeks. The final set of in-office interviews included three groups of two people with different backgrounds, two of which were cases. Everyone was friendly and sounded excited about their jobs.

Only negative part of the process was that the recruiter who contacted me had failed to call me two times despite setting up times, and I only got a chance to talk to her after calling her directly. I also never heard back on the results of the interview at all, even after a follow-up email, and felt that much of the recruiting process was unprofessional.