Wayfair Business Intelligence Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wayfair Business Intelligence Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Wayfair

2.8

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wayfair in January 2015.

Interview

After applying, I was contacted within a couple days to schedule a phone interview by HR via email. I scheduled and we spoke at the end of the week. The interview lasted approximately 30 minutes with the usual first round interview questions. I forget who I spoke with, but she was very nice and easy to talk to. It made me believe the interview had gone much better than it actually did.

Interview Questions

• Name a strength and a weakness.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Wayfair

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

HR contacted me for a phone interview which was pretty straight forward - went through my background and gave a lot of information about the company and the position.
    From what the recruiter told me the next step would be another phone interview with the hiring manager where they would present a case study and you would have to talk through your thought process. If you make it past that then you go in for an in-person interview where you would be presented with 2 more case studies.

The position is a lot more technical than I understood it to be which I am not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

1st round: Standard HR Screening Interview
    2nd round: Phone interview from one of the managers in Business Intelligence, mini business case
    3rd Round: In person with all three managers in Business Intelligence, mini business case + a longer one

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, 2 Phone interviews one with recruiter one with hiring manager, 1 in person interview with two other hiring managers. Whole experience gave me a pretty bad feeling about the company, all the recruiters talk about is how quickly the business intelligence team is growing yet the hiring managers did not support that claim at all, the team is actually shrinking in size. I spoke with a recruiter a year ago and was told there are three teams of six analysts and now there are three teams of 4-6 analysts. That doesn't sound like a growing team to me. In fact it sounded like there was pretty high turnover within the business intelligence department. Probably because the job posting discusses how important the role is but does not mention that this role only deals with business reporting. The hiring manager made it very clear that there is no analysis at all. On top of that, the hiring manager was pretty rude in the interview and checked their phone 3 or 4 times after asking a question and was clearly not paying attention when they weren't on their phone.

Interview Questions

• 2 case studies - marketing campaigns and excel code (explain the model)   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

I applied through my college's career site. They emailed me and arranged a phone interview. The phone interview was casual and involved one simple case question. I got another email for a final round Skype interview, which was 90 minutes. Two fairly simple case questions and one longer case question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted out of nowhere months later. First started with the phone interview. This was with a member of the team. He asked some behavioral questions and then we did a short case study. The first part of the case just dealt with seeing how you think and how you might go about solving a problem. The second part of the case was a word problem dealing with ad revenue that involved some basic algebra. After that, they scheduled the onsite. The onsite was part of a super interview day and that consisted of talking with 3 people that were each leads of their respective teams. First was the behavioral questions, second was reading through some psuedocode and having to explain what was going on, and the third was a case study involving more basic algebra.

Good experience overall, but I just wish I had the opportunity to eat that day so I could perform my best. (Had to wake up at 5am to catch a 7am bus to make it to Boston for 11. Interviews lasted until about 4pm)

Interview Questions

• With some given info on how Google ads work: If Wayfair had X amount of revenue in 2013 and then in 2014 saw a drop, how would you go about finding the reasoning for this? (more or less the type of question)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied to the position online and received a email form a HR person in a week to schedule a telephone interview. The phone interview was standard, just went over resume. They asked if I could have a interview in the coming days with a manager where I would be receiving a simply case study. Originally I was supposed to interview with a specific manager but then the day before was told I would be interviewing with another. During that call more questions about my resume and goals were asked. I kept expecting the case study but it never came. I thought i did really poorly. I then received an email two days later saying they wanted an in person interview with all 3 managers at their Copley location. I went to the interview where I toured the building and went to a room with a HR person. They briefed me on the interview in that it would take 2 hours and I would meet with 2 managers and 2 case studys. The 2 managers came in and went over my resume. They then provided the first case that study consisted of some basic math dealing with percentages. They write the numbers on a whiteboard and your supposed to calculate the result. After I was presented with next case study which was a bunch of psuedocode. The managers left the room for 30 mins and you were supposed to write notes explaining what was going on and then explain your thinking of what was going on to the managers. I did not get through all the code it took me a bit of time to understand i was supposed to do as they specifically didnt say they wanted me to explain the code to them after. Should have realized this and it was a stupid move on my part. After the 3rd manager came in, chatted with her for a little. Then i was debriefed by the HR person and that was it. Was not a bad interview over all. Since I didnt have the case study in my previous interview I was kind of rattle at the in person one because i didnt know what to expect. I didnt get the job but the interview was easy. I think if i had a clue what they were going to give me I would have gotten a job offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked two question in the first case study. One was about if they get x amount of views on a website, y amount of people click on the ad, then z amount of people enter their names after ( x,y,z values are given. Gave a price of how much it cost to acquire a customer and a percentage on conversion rate and you were to calculate Would it make sense to run the campaign comparing the value of customer acquisition to the revenue gained from conversion rate. The other question was a reverse of this to find the conversion rate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA).

Interview

I originally applied for the Data Scientist position, but my application was re-routed to the Business Intelligence Analyst role. The thirty minute phone interview primarily covered background/resume information. I was asked some specific questions about relevant projects, skills, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you worked on with a team and how you split up the work   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

I have an on campus interview for this job.There are two business case questions and two math questions. Im not business related major so I didn't answer the two business case questions very professionally. The math questions are easy and related to conversion rate. The HR spoke very fast but is quite nice to explain those words I didnt know.

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wayfair in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. I was interviewed in January 2016 for position in Boston. I was asked a few questions, such as introduce yourself, what was the salary requirement, tell more about projects you did before described in my resume. Then was introduced about the company. At last, I asked questions about the position.