Wayfair Business Intelligence Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wayfair Business Intelligence Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Wayfair

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in October 2019.

Interview

Codility first use either python or sql to solve the problem
one round for phone interview, a business case question with several questions, with simple calculation
three rounds of onsite including behavior, free presentation and an inventory case

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wayfair

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied online and received a request to complete an analytics challenge containing SQL, open ended question containing business acumen and an analytics exercise which required manipulation of a dataset.

Interview Questions

• The question contained simple question involving SQL queries, analyzing a business situation and providing recommendation and a simple data analysis set.   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wayfair in May 2019.

Interview

Got refered by a friend and
    got a code test to finish in 1 week.
    I just sumited the code test and got rejected in 3 days and I don't know which part is wrong. The code works well.

Interview Questions

• 1 simple python coding and 1 mid-senior level sql questions and some supply chain and excel data analysis problems   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wayfair in April 2019.

Interview

Applied through Wayfair careers page for Business Intelligence Analyst position in Boston, MA. Was sent an online coding challenge that had a 75 minute time cap to answer three questions. Was not

Interview Questions

• Given an option between writing a SQL query and a general coding challenge. Chose general coding challenge which was to write a function where given an array of integers representing coin flips (0 or 1 for Heads or Tails), return the fewest number of coins that would have to be flipped for all coins to show the same (all heads or all tails).   1 Answer
    • A general business intelligence question where given an online provider of clothing or consumer goods, if the company were to start offering 1-day shipping rather than 2-day shipping, what would be two ways of tracking the impact of the change. Also, what would be two possible negative factors that could occur as part of offering the expedited shipping option?   1 Answer
    • The question provided some data to analyze and asked to provide analysis of the data and insight into the information provided. It looked for 3-5 analysis points that could be revealed from the data, as well as 2-3 actionable pieces of information that could be utilized.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in March 2019.

Interview

Apply online and reply quickly to let me take a online exam on programming. The question is not very difficult. One about SQL, one about open end business question and one about excel

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Interview

It is a video interview via google hangout, which took around 30 minutes I think. There are three parts of the interview: business intelligence related questions, experience related questions, and Q&A.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe a situation when you solve a difficult task?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in November 2018.

Interview

Interview steps are quite similar to once mentioned here. First is an online assessment, second a video interview (2 maths ques, 1 case study) and third is onsite.

Interviews are simple but they don't share the feedback so you will never know why you got rejected.

Interview Questions

• First round -
      1. One SQL question (use joins),
      2. second coding ques (if you toss a coin n number of times, determine a minimum number of flips required to make them all the same. For eg., if you toss 5 times and the result is 3 heads and 2 tails then min flips to make it all same is 2 (turn all tails to heads)
      3. third is an analysis ques in excel file where you have to analyze ice cream sales
      4. fourth is a case study where you have to write methods you will use (AB testing, price elasticity etc.)

Second round -
      1. two maths ques
      a. two catalogs, small one has 75 pages cost $0.5, has a conversion rate of 3% and attracts a revenue of $250 out of which 25% is profit. Large one has 150 pages, cost $1 and attracts revenue of $260 out of which 25% is profit. Find conversion rate of the large catalog to make the same profit as of small ones.
      b. If the large catalog is used to market the products and additional expenses cost $90K, how many catalogs should be sent to make a profit of $150K.

case study ques - how will you measure the success of a marketing campaign?
      ans - 1. use coupon codes, 2. see if a similar product is not getting affected (for eg two chairs black and red, if you advertise black its sales will increase but not for red)

Onsite -
      1. HR (30 mins) - a lot of "tell me about a time " ques...
      2. Most complex problem ever solved (30 mins) - describe the toughest problem you solved
      3. One hr of an equation study. It has 9 steps and is a time series equation that predicts stock in the inventory using the concept of moving averages. (there is a time series course on edx from MIT, just do that and you should be good)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in December 2018.

Interview

Was referred by internal employee. Took very simple coding interview, initially denied me as an error, called me back to schedule a Skype interview. Skype interview couldn’t have been easier. Invited for an on-site. There was a data analysis project to present at the interview, pretty basic. Interview was behavioral, interpret some pseudo code, and then present data analysis. Got along really well with interviewers and everything went well, really awesome interviewers. The only negative was the recruiter Katie Halowack. She was condescending and rude to me the whole time. She thought very very highly of herself and was aggressive and angry. I couldn’t believe such a great company would hire someone like that. Anyways. She didn’t seem up to par with how amazing the BI analysts were. denied offer because of recruiting experience.

Interview Questions

• Analyze a dataset, why wayfair? , read basic psuedo code   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in December 2018.

Interview

The whole process took less than a month. There were three rounds in total. First was an online challenge with 4 questions testing on SQL, data manipulation and business insights. Then it was a video interview, including some behavior questions and a math problem (calculating conversion rate). And the final round was an onsite interview, consisting of 1 behavior, 1 calculation and 1 complex problem. The interviewers and HR are all kind people. It's really a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you helped handle a mistake made by your team member.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in November 2018.

Interview

Interviewed at Wayfair three times now.
    Employees are paid to conduct interviews, they would reject candidates for no reason just to make some money. Employees do talk like, let's keep rejecting and make some extra money.
    Advice to HR Dept: Please collect metrics on how many employees are interviewing candidates and their acceptance rate.

First Interview:
    Codility
    Phone call from HR to discuss JD and 85K salary for the role.
    Hangout call: Employee late by 10 mins, Three Quant question: Easy Catalogue Question Solved. The interviewer looked impressed.
    Follow up: Reject mail with no reason.

Second Interview: This time with an employee reference.
    Same experience, codility then Hangout, Ques asked: Should we have discount on holidays or before holidays. followed by quant, solved but Rejected.

Third Interview: For BA same question different interviewer. Seriously? :D
    I did solve, but expecting a reject.

Questions Codility
    - If a number is divisible by 2, 3 or 5 replace by concatenation of words Codility, Test and Coders. See solution, it might help you.
    #python3
    def solution(A):
        return ['Codility'*(i%2==0) +'Test'*(i%3==0)+'Coders'*(i%5==0) or str(i) for i in range(1,A+1)]

- Write a function:

that, given an array A of length N, consisting only of the values −1, 0, 1, returns the length of the longest slice of A that yields a non-negative sum. If there's no such slice, your function should return 0.

For example, given A = [−1, −1, 1, −1, 1, 0, 1, −1, −1], your function should return 7, as the slice starting at the second position and ending at the eighth is the longest slice with a non-negative sum.

For another example, given A = [1, 1, −1, −1, −1, −1, −1, 1, 1] your function should return 4: both the first four elements and the last four elements of array A are longest valid slices.

## Not efficient but works, (python3)
    def solution(A):
        lis = 0
        for i in range(len(A)):
            for j in range(len(A[i:])):
                if sum(A[i:i+j])>= 0 and len(A[i:i+j])> lis:
                    lis = len(A[i:i+j])
        return lis

- sum_of_widthdrawals and sum_of_deposits (SQL) solution might help you.

Select name, sum(case when money>=0 then money else 0 end) as sum_of_deposits, -1 * sum(case when money < 0 then money else 0 end) as sum_of_withdrawls
    from transfers group by name order by name;