Wayfair Business Intelligence Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wayfair Business Intelligence Interview Questions

Interviews at Wayfair

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

There are two rounds. First round is a one-on-one Skype with a manager. The length is 45 minutes and you can expect about 10 minutes of resume/fit and 35 minutes of case. The case scenario is a mix of qualitative/business acumen questions and quantitative scenarios. The priority is setting up the problem correctly not necessarily doing the calculation right. The second round is a day of interviews at the Wayfair office. There are three 45 minute interviews with members of the team. One is behavioral/fit and two are case interviews. Expect to combine analytical knowledge with basic calculations of some KPIs of your choosing (Click through rate, conversion rate, average order value, etc.).

Interview Questions

• If Wayfair wanted to release a magazine on bedroom furniture, what three segments should we target?   Answer Question
  • Explain each step in this model (given a print out of a 9 step demand forecasting model).   Answer Question
  • Look at this customer journey (ad, email capture page, landing page, purchase) and identify what key performance metrics you would use to evaluate each step. How would you calculate them?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Wayfair

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wayfair (Ithaca, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was 45 minutes long. The interviewer quickly talked about what his apartment does. I try to associate the responsibilities with my experiences and skills. Then two small case study questions, interviewer patiently gave hints when I was stuck. I think I didn't get to the next round because I misunderstand the question at first and spend too much time understanding the question and solving it.

Interview Questions

• If we find the selling of couch was down 10% year-on-year, what are the possible causes of it (need to think of both market factors and technical factors)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied through campus website and got a phone interview. The questions are really easy which is a case study. It takes about 25 minutes. The question is about conversion rate and profit. Make sure to calculate carefully.

Business Intelligence Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair in March 2019.

Interview

They started with an online test followed by a video interview. Then moved on to the final onsite. This is by far the worst company I have ever seen. They conduct interviews because the employees get paid for it. They choose candidates internally and the results do not depend on how well you perform.
    Please do not waste your time interviewing for Wayfair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in April 2019.

Interview

Applied on university's career site, Handshake, sometime in February after meeting them at the career fair. Received the Wayfair analytics challenge (~1.5 hours, 4 questions on SQL and general data analytics/business/case question) a day later, got 100% on those and moved to next round. A month later had 45 min 1:1 video interview, basic questions about driving retention/loyalty, calculating profits, implementing the program and how to test whether it worked. A few weeks later, had the onsite at Wayfair HQ in Boston, 3 rounds (3 hours), including one behavioral, one analysis/presentation, and one technical. Received an offer the next business day, but declined since I got a better offer elsewhere. Very well run process (albeit a bit slow).

Interview Questions

• Onsite technical round (~1 hour) - Given a model (used at Wayfair) about predicting seasonal trends, explain the code, what each line does, and provide context.   1 Answer
    • Onsite Complex problem/presentation round (~30 min) - Choose the most complex analytical problem you've faced and make a presentation on how you went about solving it, either in academic scenario or in a professional capacity   1 Answer
    • Onsite behavioral round (~30 min) - Elevator pitch/introductions, then 5 questions asking about previous experiences, pretty much of the type "tell me about a time when X"   1 Answer

Business Intelligence Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

I applied online. Then I received an online test invitation one week later. Then I received the 1st round interview, which is a Google Hangout case interview with two members in the team. The final round is onsite.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about the team structure of your past internship   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wayfair (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2019.

Interview

Round 1: Resume was shortlisted after applying via Job fair in University
    Round 2: Tech round - Codility: Two advanced SQL questions. It involved using window functions to solve
    Round 3: Video Interview: Business Case + Quant Questions

Interview Questions

• Q1: Tell me about yourself
      Q2: Talk about one of the projects you have worked on
      Q3: Quant question on Discount rate and profit   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

Talk with HR, very good intro on the job and details. It's the first time in a long time that a recruiter can give me good insight into the position and the expectations. I was impressed with the quality of the process on their side.

Interview Questions

• General things about motivation and specifically about skills.   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

I applied via the website and received an email from HR to do a phone call with them.
    the HR was completely nice and easy to speak.
    After that they arranged another Skype call with one of the manager of the company who was very unprofessional person!
    After that they invited me to person interview in Berlin with this person again who could asked me from our last call!
    He asked me some technical questions and doing some coding.
    the case was very easy and I solved the problem in paper but it was hard to implement it very fast.
    I tried but I couldnt do it. Also he tried to show his skills to me but fortunately he couldnt do that too!
    After two weeks they didn't send me any information about the decision!!!
    I received unofficial answer from one of the employees in the company that they don't like to continue with my application that shows they are so unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us some variables that are important in ebusiness?   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair in July 2011.

Interview

contacted by email to set up a phone interview. the phone interview was easy, did one business-case example. then in-person interview the next week, more of the same. got all the questions right but didnt get the job, i was slightly baffled. i dont think anyone who works there is over 30, no one was dressed professionally.