Wayfair Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 3, 2017

2.4

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangor, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Bangor, ME) in August 2016.

Interview

First you fill out online app. Then you do online testing and if you pass that then phone interview. Next you receive a link to set up face to face interview

Interview Questions

• If you would be available every day for training for 60 days   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Wayfair

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wayfair in July 2016.

Interview

It was very interesting. First I went through a phone screening, which was great. The woman I spoke with was fantastic. Super easy going conversation. I made it through to the face to face interview, which was scheduled a week later. Keep in mind It's the first time I've had an in person interview in 12 years so I was nervous going in. The two customer service managers I interviewed with were very nice, but the setting was awkward. The location I was interviewing for hasn't been setup yet so interviews took place in a hotel conference room. There were maybe 6 or 8 stattions setup all doing interviews at the same time, in the same room (strange?). The questions were all situational and they all seemed to kind of ask the same thing; and they didn't really ask much about me, which I thought was strange.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you couldn't follow through with a commitment at work or in school?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to have a difficult conversation with a supervisor. How did you respond to the conversation?   Answer Question
    • When was a time that you dealth with a difficult situation at work where you couldn't provide what the customer needed? How did you deal with the problem?   Answer Question
    • Why Wayfair? Why now?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wayfair in October 2015.

Interview

Applied on Wednesday. Thursday morning called for phone interview, Friday called for assessment, called back later that day for final, in person interview. Offered job at end of interview, started on Monday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA).

Interview

First there is a phone interview. Then its the in person interview. In person, you get interviewed by 2-3 people. Its a very positive and homie interview. Not scary at all. They ask you a couple of questions, a lot of situational ones. The interviews tends to last for 30mins to a hour, which is not bad.

Interview Questions

• What would your last boss say about you? Good and Bad?
      If you were speaking to a customer on the phone and heard a lot of background noise (like children or a dog) how would you get there attention?
      What makes you different than others?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Orem, UT) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview was quite rigorous and lengthy. I recommend keeping a pen and paper handy because I jotted down a LOT of info about the job. You will also complete testing, be sure to get plenty of sleep so you can preform at your best.

Interview Questions

• When was an instance where you were judged ethically at you job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Easy and rapid phone interview and then one on one with two managers that gave the opportunity to be on board right away. First, a phone cll with a few questions of why Wayfair and what have I herd from the company. Then, 1:1 with managers that were too nice and provided me easy questions that made it seemed like they really needed people to work right away

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer accepted

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Orem, UT) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone interview followed by one on one interview. Then job offer a week later. Very simple and relaxed interview process. They wanted me to interview with more people but they were busy. I also did an exam on site.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach situations where you would need to abide by company policy even though you may not agree with the policy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied online and then received a phone call from someone in HR a couple days later with a brief phone interview (just quick background info). Was told I would receive a phone call within a week to schedule an interview at their office however never received the call. I ended up contacting them and was able to schedule it. Had 1 interview at the office with basic personality/behavior questions (read off a sheet) and then a week later was offered the position.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process took a little over a week. I applied for the job on a Tuesday and was offered a position the next Thursday.

The process starts with a phone interview with a recruiter. Basic questions about your resume and they let you know about the company. The interview might have lasted about 20-30 minutes.

The interview was with two customer service managers. The questions were pretty basic at first while they went over my resume, after these questions, they got a bit more in depth. This interview lasted a little over an hour.

The interview was great. It felt like I was talking to two friends instead of an interview. I undid my tie during the interview and we even talked baseball.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was the last one. If you were in a room with 5,000 people and they all met you. What is the one thing everyone would say about you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview followed by a face-to-face interview about a week later. The phone interview was about half an hour long and I was told some basic information about the company and was asked about my resume. The in-person interview was with two employees, who took turns giving me info on the company, asking about past work experience, and asking how I would respond in certain scenarios. For example, what would I do if a long term customer that the company does a lot of business with wants to return an item that is nonreturnable? How would I handle an irate customer? They also asked behavioral questions such as what my biggest weakness is, what motivates me, etc. This lasted for about an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• Not really difficult but kind of odd "What would you do if you were talking with a customer and you heard a dog barking in the background?"   Answer Question