Wayfair Frontline Associate/Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Frontline Associate/Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied for a frontline role but was not able to stomach the lower salary (co-founder later told orientation group that he's fiscally conservative; personally, I think it's a wise move when experiencing high growth, but I hope at some point they up their salary for better retention). The position was capped. Did a phone interview with my future manager, then on-site first with a Frontline tech and then my future manager and his boss. Very personable people, and very passionate about the company, the work they do, even my answers to their less technical questions. I felt like they had really shared a piece of themselves with me. I got to ask some questions of my own as well.

Questions were fairly easy given it's an entry level position; basics about what certain internet protocols/ports are, VPNs, VLANs, etc. Hypothetical user situations, step by step of how you'd go about solving the problem. Most difficult problem you've ever dealt with.

Recruiter was amazing, and spent a week searching the company for a higher paying role for me. Arranged a Skype interview with another team, again two sit downs, each with a manager and an engineer (one manager was my future manager and another was from a related team). Same deal as before (they really hire a particular personality at this company, very passionate, with social ability). The only difference was that the tech questions were a bit higher up there, Linux was now a part of it, as well as Windows Server technologies, SQL syntax. A lot of it was just checking things I had written on the resume, I think. They didn't really ask too many questions about tech that I would need to learn on the job but had no experience with; said it wasn't a problem.

Interview Questions

• List three things you can do with regedit.   1 Answer