Wayfair Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.8

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wayfair (Ogden, UT).

Interview

After filing out the application online, I was pre-interviewed via a phone screen., I then was asked to come in office for an interview and assessment. Interview was behavior based and included a mock scenario and Wayfair,com website navigation with two managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when...   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

Skype interview, first self-introduction, then walk through the resume, next do the case which is the same as above. After case, talk about a data analytics related project I have done.

Wayfair Labs - Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA).

Interview

There was an initial phone call with a recruiter, followed by an online and timed technical test, followed by another similar technical test where an in-house programmer followed along from their end. It was a positive experience all around.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe a programming task I have been assigned in the past and how I accomplished it.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA).

Interview

I had a phone screening and then a few weeks later had an in person interview. I was given a tour of the office and then had a 30 minute interview. I was interviewed by more than one person and it was panel styled. It was intimidating but nothing I was asked was too difficult. My only complaint was that when I walked in I had to check in with the receptionist. I told her I had an interview and she looked up at me and said "Sh*t." She didn't say hi. After swearing at me she confirmed my interview and just told me to take a seat, it was weird. Overall it was a smooth interview process and they got back to me quickly.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself a competitive person?   Answer Question
    • What is your biggest work accomplishment?   Answer Question
    • By looking at your resume, what sets you apart from other candidates applying for this position?   Answer Question

Data Science Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

It is a phone interview. They ask about behavior questions and then go through the projects you did. Questions include Why data science? Why pricing algorithm team? Describe the project.

Interview Questions

• Why data science? Why pricing algorithm team? Describe the project.   Answer Question

Carrier Performance Manager Interview

Interview

Applied online and was contacted within 2 days for a phone screen. Initial phone screen discussed basic qualifications and the company. About a week later another phone screen was scheduled with a "senior" manager. The manager first advised that she did not have a copy of my resume and began asking questions relating to an analyst role, even asking if I had programming experience. This was for a management role but no questions were asked in regards to those skills. Senior manager was cold and quite awkward. I received a rejection email a few days later. I'm the future please advertise roles for what they are, don't ask for management/transportation experience if you are simply looking for an analyst.

Interview Questions

• Do you have programming experience? (No as I did not apply for this type of position and my qualifications/experience were discussed during the initial phone screen)   1 Answer

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

Given this is an entry-level position I was not expecting a difficult interview. My process included a 30-min phone interview in the morning and received my offer later that afternoon. My interviewer was lovely and explained everything the position entailed and what was to be expected of me. Questions were situational and did not require much thought. Never went in in-person but given I got hired as a temp, they are able to easily let me go if I was a poor fit (hoping this will not be the case).

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and within a few days received a follow-up email from a member of the in-house recruiting team. We scheduled a time for a telephone interview which got a little botched up on their end. (I guess she didn't notice the time zone listed after every proposed time.) I finally connected with the recruiter and she asked the usual questions, including salary history. A few days later I received an email stating I made it to the next round of interviews. The recruiter requested dates and times for an interview with the hiring manager, which I provided. Never heard from her again.

Interview Questions

• "What were you making at your last job?"   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bryan, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wayfair (Bryan, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online for position; Received email requesting phone interview next day; Had phone interview with recruiter who was very professional but easy to talk with; She asked basic customer service interview questions. The next day had second interview with hiring manager. This interview was more detailed, role playing involved such as him being an irate customer and I handling the call.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Wayfair. What situation with a customer has been very stressful; how did you handle and resolve issue?   Answer Question

B2B Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair (South Portland, ME) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied for b2b sales position in Brunswick Maine. Simple online system to schedule an initial phone interview. Simple enough. Got several reminder e-mails. At time of call waited.....and waited....and finally 20 minutes later the phone rings. Total disrespect. I had a finite amount of time, so we had to keep things brief. After a few minutes she revealed the salary, which was pitiful. very unorganized and unprofessional. I am glad I did not invest any major amount of time.