Wayfair Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 21, 2017

2.8

Exclusive Brands and Sourcing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

The recruiter and I had a great phone conversation and we set up an in person interview. She said I have strong analytical skills, breezed through the case study, and would fit in with the company's culture. We had a follow up call two days before the in person interview to make sure I was ready. The next day I get a call that the position has been filled. This is unprofessional because I already made arrangements to take the day off from work for the Wayfair interview. I was not even given a chance to demonstrate my skills.

Business Insights Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair in September 2017.

Interview

HR introduced the position role in detail, then ask questions. HR will submit the materials to Hiring Manager. The Hiring Manager will decide whether to move forward. Next Step will be informed in next 5 business days.

Interview Questions

• 1. Talk about yourself. 2.Take an example about any experience that used data to deal with logistic problems in internship or projects. 3.Can be relocated?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

I went onsite in Boston to meet with several hiring managers to do case studies.
    One of the male hiring managers seemed uninterested in what I had to say, nor cared about my prior work experience. In fact, he had terrible listening skills and I found myself repeating what I said. On top of that, he didn't make eye contact for most of the time, yawned, and looked like he was in a bad mood.

After he interviewed me, he stormed out of the room...even neglecting to say "hi" to his own colleague (another hiring manager). I have no clue what was wrong with him, but he gave me a bad impression of the company and work culture.

Interview Questions

• "What is the current work that you do? Sorry, I didn't look at your CV nor know anything about the stuff you do."   Answer Question

Software Engineer Wayfair Labs Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wayfair in September 2017.

Interview

Interview process was smooth. HR was quick in responding to my emails and the whole process was amazing!
    First call was with the HR, asking about your most comfortable programming language and told about the upcoming rounds. Next was an online coding challenge which was supposed to be finished in 24hours. Third round was a live coding round with one of their software engineers.
    They could've sent a personalized rejection mail instead of an automated one.

Interview Questions

• Balanced brackets problem, debug a php code and each possible combination of elements in vector of vectors.   Answer Question

Profitability and Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

1. Recruiter Screening: Talking about your resume, background in analytics. For this position, they are looking for candidates that have internship experience in the field of data analytics. Experience SQL or any other software is a huge plus.
    2. Phone with two Managers: behavioral and a case interview
    3. In person interview on site (Boston): meeting the different teams and seeing whether you are a great fit for a specific team

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project that requires for you to work with a big data set   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair in September 2017.

Interview

The first interview was with a hiring recruiter. Very basic and asked questions about past experiences, why Wayfair, etc. After this, I immediately received an email for a coding challenge. The link expired after 24 hours. It took a few days for the recruiter to get back to me, but I received an invite for the third round. It was an hour long live coding session with a software engineer. Asked to walk him through my solution for the coding challenge, and then he moved on to a new question. After that, he pulled up a PHP code and asked me what it was doing. I told him I had no prior experience with PHP but he was very nice and said I could ask him about syntax.

These were all over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Coding Challenge: Without using recursion, generate a combination of strings from an array.   Answer Question
    • Live Coding Challenge: Given an array of integers, change the order so that negatives are on one side and positives are on the other side. Explain time-complexity and space complexity   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Interview

Application

Interview

Recruiter contacted me promptly via linked in, some back and forth to schedule the actual interview but otherwise great to work with. Came in for a 3 hour interview that involved meeting with a Sr. Director who spent a great deal of time explaining structure and process in detail, left little time to dig into my background but did allow ample time to ask additional questions. Next I met with 2 more junior level recruiters, the first made a slightly impolite comment about my education which seemed to be difficult for her recover from, otherwise asked some basic interview questions, the next recruiter asked the same exact questions in the same order, which seemed like a waste of time and resources. Post-interview we mutually agreed it was not a right fit at this time. I've since been approached by multiple agencies in the area for similar roles within Wayfair that I have also declined.

Shipping Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hebron, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wayfair (Hebron, KY).

Interview

It was through a staffmark staffing company. I was given a tour talk a little bit about the requirements of the job had to pass a background and drug test and that was it they placed me

Interview Questions

• Really was not asked much just if I was able to work the hours they would need   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA).

Interview

A couple of calls and then in-person interview. Generic get-to-know-you interview questions. They are looking for analytical people and will present typical business cases for you to solve. It wasn't overly difficult but felt very corporate.

Interview Questions

• How does your past work experience connect with what you're applying for today?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

Applied on school website, got an interview invitation after about 20 days. An HR person called asking some basic behavioral questions and typed my answer while i was speaking. The interview didn't last long, just clarifying some of my education background and the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What are you good at professionally? What are you bad at? What is your professional interest   Answer Question