Wayfair Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.8

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

I submitted my app on 9/27 and received a follow-up email 5 days latter requesting a phone interview. After completing the initial phone screen, I was invited for an on-site interview where I met not only the recruiting team lead (whom I did the phone screen with), but other team leads/managers in the Talent Acquisition Department. I had a final round phone screen with the Senior Associate in Talent Acquisition since I was unable to meet him during my on-site interview. Less than 10 minutes after the last phone screen I was contacted to schedule a follow-up and given an offer 4 hours later. The on-site interview process was a great opportunity to chat and connect with the team face to face. It was also really nice to get a peek inside the office and culture of Wayfair.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to work with a difficult co-worker and how you handled that situation.   Answer Question

Wayfair Labs Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

Initial phone call with a recruiter. Standard stuff about the job, my background, etc. Was sent an online code challenge with a 24hr time limit afterwards. Thirdly, had a tech screen with a senior engineer which involved debugging some existing code as well as writing new code.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions. Data structure questions about arrays. Some PHP stuff (I had never used the language before, but the interviewer answered any syntax questions).   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair in October 2017.

Interview

I only got to the phone screen portion of the process , however the recruiter told me she would be back in touch either on Friday and the latest Monday. I never received a follow up call or email. I sent an email to follow up and never received a response. Left a very negative feeling towards the company.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge you faced in your last position in this role.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wayfair (Orem, UT) in October 2017.

Interview

After applying I received a call for a phone interview. The call went well and the recruiter was very professional. After the phone interview I was invited to take an online assessment. The assessment was a little nerve racking only because it is timed and you don't know whats coming. But It was fairly simple. Next was the group interview. And then the one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are behavioral based. Tell us a time you had to think out of the box to help a customer. The thing that really bothered me was how unprofessional the interviewers were. The first part of the interview was conducted by two women. Both who looked like they just rolled out of bed. Messy hair and crumpled clothes. But they were friendly enough. The second part of the interview was conducted by a woman, who was late because she was getting herself a big gulp. And a man who had only been working for the company for 6 days. When I asked him a basic question. He was not able to answer me. Because he had not had enough work experience. I was a little surprised they would have him preforming the interviews. But over all he was very nice.   Answer Question

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with a team of 4 recruiters/ recruiting managers. Walked me through the teams that are currently in place. Asked a lot of questions. Each round was repetitive. Huge office in Copley- growing very fast.

Took 9-10 days to send me a basic message saying they don’t want to move forward. Was very disappointed they should of sent a more personal message instead. I spent almost 3 hours there.

Product Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Starts off with a phone followed by another phone interview with a manager followed by in person 4 hour interview. The interview questions themselves were easy. 2 people do behavioral type and 2 cases. The cases a fairly straight forward but they are grading you on a easy medium and advance scale. They look for very specific answers.

Company itself seems great my bad experience is related to the interviewers. 2 were very uninterested and clearly didn’t want to be there. They were cocky and not engaging. Bummed I wasted so much time.

BI Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

phone screen by a recruiter, phone case interview, onsite behavioral and case interviews with 4 people.

the behavioral and case questions were fairly straightforward.

positive impressions:
    nice office location

negative impressions:

every single one of my interviewers was late
    some of them were barely making an effort to speak
    it felt like none of them really wanted to be there
    it seemed like they had no direction and were going around in a daze
    my recruiter even confessed he was having difficulties locating rooms around the office...

my experience made me think that wayfair will not last long and the people working there are not happy - they definitely did not seem to be engaged with their work...

also it looked like wayfair employees are mediocre, not driven and feel threatened if a strong candidate interviews there... the pace seemed very slow...

Interview Questions

• web analytics case on profit and conversion rates
      ops case on season-driven demand   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online. About a week later I received an email asking to schedule a phone interview. Had a phone interview the following week. Asked what I knew about Wayfair, explained a bit about themselves and the interview process. Also asked questions about my resume, with the emphasis being on group work. Afterwards, I received an email notifying me that they did not wish to continue.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

The first round of interview is through Skype. First, there were 2 cases and 2 calculation involved problems. This lasted for 30 minutes. Then, the interviewer asked about some of my past experience, for 5-10 minutes. After that, I asked questions for 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Wayfair wants to send catalogs to customers through mail. What type of customers may be the right target?   Answer Question

Supplier Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA).

Interview

Recruiter was quick to get back to me. Phone screen and then 2 rounds of in person. The in person interview was a little intense as you meet with different managers from different teams and they assess where you would fit best.