Wayfair Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wayfair Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.8

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

Wayfair has some of the worst recruiting practices out there. Multiple recruiters at the company have reached out to me and all of them have blown off the initial call, only to reach back out and do the same thing. No regard for people's time or for the candidate experience.

Category Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

I applied through my school and met with someone from that role. My interviewer was very sweet and we managed to fill up the whole time talking. I am still in the process of being interviewed though so I don't know my outcome.

Interview Questions

• The questions were standard interview questions (why this role, why this company, what's your biggest weakness etc).   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wayfair in February 2017.

Interview

Focus on tech questions and case study questions, won't thoroughly go through your resume. They will let you introduce your past experience and ask a lot about the projects you've done before and then go directly into tech questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between union and union all
      what is the difference between left outer join and inner join

If we used to promote our products by small catalogs and we want to change to larger ones, how can we decide our target consumers

Given the former transaction rate, profit and cost, what will be the number of large catalogs if we want to create the same profit
      1 Answer

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (College Station, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview to begin with. Caller was very prompt, clear, and polite. Asked all of the standard questions of an interview. They want customer service experience as well as leadership qualities.

Interview Questions

• How would your experiences transition into this position?   Answer Question

UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Wayfair is engaging in the common practice of using interviews to get steal free consulting from prospective applicants. The company asks applicants to review its website and explain in detail how the applicant would improve on page of the UX including research. Regardless of whether or not the company chooses this applicant, it retains all of the solutions. It was a very disappointing experience.

UX Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair in February 2017.

Interview

I had a great initial phone screen with the recruiter. He seemed extremely interested in me and said I would be a great addition to the team. Next I was given a design challenge related to their company and given a deadline of a week. After that, I followed up and they kept me on a string for a month. I kept asking if there were any updates to the process and finally gave up, until a month later the recruiter called and profusely apologized for the lack of updates. He said they were going through a reorg and figuring out which roles they needed. I decided to give another chance. They then scheduled a second phone screen with a UX lead. The interview went very well. After that, they ghosted?? I followed up once again and not a word. Overall very unprofessional and honestly straight up rude. I do not recommend.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

On campus interview. One or two resume based questions then straight into a business case. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. Definitely do some research about Wayfair and e-commerce before the interview. Waiting to hear back now.

Interview Questions

• What type of data analysis skills do you have? Why Wayfair?   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Contact: Reached out by recruiter via LinkedIn.

Process: Had initial phone screen that went well and was invited for a phone interview with another manager from the team week later. Interview consisted of both behavioral and a case study at the end. Ended up not hearing back or any sort of communication.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through university recruiting and had the second (final) round at their HQ. First step was a short case + short behavioral with one person. Second step was 45 min each of case and behavioral with different people. They put a lot of emphasis on their case interviews. The calculations/problems are pretty easy, but make sure to explain your thoughts thoroughly and give your reasoning for any answers. I had never done a case interview before and was ultimately not offered a positionbecause I didn't explain myself well enough. Process was a pleasure overall.

Pricing and Profitability Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Half a day of interviews broken up into 4 different meetings. Recruiters were very helpful during the process ams seemed interested in making things simple for you. Company is growing fast and you are just a number.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where someone did not agree with you at work and how did you change their mind.   Answer Question