Wayfair Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2017

2.8

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, phone screen with hiring manager, 1/2 day of interviews including two cases. The cases are very specific to the internal operations at Wayfair. The recruiter called to follow up after my in-person interviews and provided helpful feedback.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wayfair

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

As most of the people mentioned in their reviews, the interview process is completely broken. The recruiters are highly unprofessional. I went through recommendation of a Director and it took recruiter 1 month to make an introductory phone call. Even though the recruiter promised that he will get back to me in next few days, it took him 1.5 months to get back to me. I have to go back to my connections again to get their help in moving forward. Finally, I was put in touch with another Director, who was mostly clueless about the position. Not to my surprise, the job description that was shared with me was from PM role and the interviewer told me that he is looking more for a GM/Category Manager role - much more senior than my experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you fit in the role of General Manager?   1 Answer
    • How do you fit in the role of General Manager?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

There was a phone call with a recruiter, who was very helpful and provided a great overview of the role and the company. I then had a phone interview with the hiring manager. A few days later, they invited me into the office for onsite interviews -- there were 3 in total for the first round. The onsite interviews did not have me impressed, and I chose to not move forward with the process. The engineer that I spoke with was yawning the entire time and reading questions from his notebook. The case study was quite long and pretty easy, and the interviewer read questions from a multi-page printout -- they did not ask any questions about my skills or background, nor did they seem to care. The hiring manager read practiced questions from his laptop and typed each of my responses. None of the interviews seemed candid or like a real, engaging conversation.

Interview Questions

• There was a long case study about testing a preview tool for arranging furniture in a room.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

Met a recruiter during an open house who passed resume on to the appropriate in-house recruiter. Seems to be a more direct and effective way to get resume reviewed versus the ATS route. Phone screen and email communications followed. Very polite and courteous process.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions: Asked for a birds-eye view of my entire experience, how my experience relates to the needs of role, etc.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

I submitted application and got a call from recruiter pretty quickly. Had a good conversation with the recruiter, followed up in a couple of weeks but never heard back again. consider this unprofessional behavior considering the aspirations for the company to become a large employer of choice Also, I found the choice of the recruiting tools in place a little weird as experienced many technical difficulties replying to emails in the current tool used by the company. Overall experience is negative.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about prior experience and how it relates to the open role.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I interviewed at Wayfair in May 2016.

Interview

Had a good call with a recruiter. The job is essentially the same as my current one. Recruiter was going to send my resume to a few hiring managers. Never heard anything back again. Very unprofessional for an organization of this caliber. Or what I thought was a high caliber org.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews, one set of back to back interviews which I didn't get and then called back for a separate similar set. Interviews were with senior PMs and business owners of the units I was interviewing for. Everyone was very polite, encouraging and interesting to talk to. Was disappointed that I didn't receive an offer but I understand that they wanted someone with more experience. Wish them the best.

Interview Questions

• Case study around a theoretical product feature launch on their website   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Three phone interviews (one with HR and two with hiring managers)
    In person interview with 6 individuals (COO, two Directors, three Managers)
    Everyone was incredibly friendly and asked excellent questions. This was a referral and I don't have industry-specific experience so ultimately this particular position wasn't a perfect fit for me or the company but I have a great respect for everyone at Wayfair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in November 2011.

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter for two different positions . I must have interviewed with at least 10 people including the big names in the company . Overall the interview process was smooth and everyone seemed to be knowledgeable in their own fields. The interviews were mainly situation based and there were several small cases to solve.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wayfair (Berlin (Germany)) in August 2016.

Interview

I was referred by an employee. I had one initial meeting with the direct manager + two face to face interviews with potential coworkers.

I was not under pressure and the chats I had with people were easy to deal with. Even the case part was more of a conversation rather than an "exam". I received an offer before I walked out of the building and also the communication with HR during and after the process had been smooth.

Interview Questions

• Business case (mostly conversational) going though the different aspects of a new product launch, from assessment of potential value, to feature specs, to prioritization, to potential uplift (numerical, but pretty easy) and testing.   Answer Question