Wayne State Interview Questions in Detroit, MI | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.7

Director of Business Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was smooth. I applied for the position on January 3rd. I was contacted to come in for an interview two weeks later. The interview committee consisted of the Dean, Associate Dean and the current Director for Business Affairs. The interview was more conversation based rather than scripted questions. Nice group of people and the interview went well. The whole interview lasted an hour.

A week and a half later I received a phone call from HR at Wayne State letting me know another candidate was chosen. While I was bummed I didn't get the position I appreciated getting an actual phone call from a person rather than a form rejection letter.

The downside was no feedback was provided why I was not the chosen candidate. That type of information would be invaluable to applicants so you could know what your strengths and weaknesses were. I would be nice if applicant feedback was incorporated into the interview process.

Overall I had a positive experience. Of course I would have loved an offer but that wasn't meant to be. :-)

Interview Questions

• What is your management style?
      How do you handle conflict?
      What experience do you have with budgets?
      Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

Was referred by department chair to another faculty in another college. Word of mouth. Interviewed by two others and brought CV in interview.

Answered all questions honestly and discussed previous college teaching experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Flat rate- no negotiation

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was a series of questions highly focused in Freelance work and client relationships.
    This office also functions solely on referrals—to receive a job a current designer must know and refer you to the open position. If you apply without a referral, you will be overlooked once a referral comes in (If one comes in before the hiring process is completed).

Interview Questions

• Let's say you are working on a large print order and a student comes in and needs a poster right this second or he will fail his class. How would you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

get in touch with professor and enroll into his research, by proving your capability in research and with good gpa you can get the interview. Prepare for a presentation to present to the hiring authorities

Interview Questions

• my ability to teach and my previous experience   1 Answer

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied Financial Analysis, FIN 5000, was a new course being introduced to the university and after two semester of student feedback Teaching Assistants were needed in order to help out. The professor approached me for the position and offered me a role to assist him with the class. The only way to actually get the position is to be straightforward and show that you have the skills and what it takes to be able to manage in a such a position. After getting accepted you need to have a background check done with the university, and then you'll be all set for the job.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified to be a TA for this vacant position?   Answer Question

Audio Engineer - WDET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

I was contacted maybe two weeks after submitting an application and set up a phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes. From there I was told to submit a wide range of audio materials like podcasts and songs that I have worked on. After they reviewed them and liked them, the interview process went forward with one more talk on the phone and then I was invited on campus for an in-person interview with four people which went really well. They even mentioned to me that my responses were great and that I came across as very mature. They spoke as though I already had the position.

Unfortunately I'm 95% sure the interview was fake.

One day after my interview I emailed each of the people who interviewed me with specific questions about things they brought up during my interview. None of them replied.

Weeks went by and I still didn't hear anything so I emailed the main person I was in touch with and later tried to reach him by phone as well. Despite being told he was in his office, he did not answer and would not return my voice message. All I wanted was closure as this affected where I would be living once I got married, but nothing.

Eventually I found out I didn't get the job - not from Wayne State or WDET - they never even let me know. Instead I found out someone I already worked with got the position and was starting soon. He knew about it for weeks.

Also he went to Wayne State with the people who made the decision. I'm thoroughly convinced that the team knew who they were going to hire in advance and simply had to do a certain number of interviews as a formality. I found it very unprofessional that they couldn't even let me know my status.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest mistake in your career so far?   1 Answer

Applications Specialist II - C&IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

Just a warning, this position has nothing to do with being an application specialist. The position is posted by the union, so it's just a general title. The position really is Desktop Support (tier 1 and tier 2). When I heard this I was seriously disappointed (which laid the groundwork for the rest of the interview

The interviewers will start talking about the benefits that are provided for working at Wayne State, like health benefits and discounted tuition rates. Then they'll start asking you questions.

Accreditation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI).

Interview

I had two interviews. The first was with the direct supervisor, who showed me around the school and we had a chance to talk about the job, what they were looking for and my qualifications. The second was with a dean and another administrator which was more of a formal interview. I was offered the position not too long after that.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach the a problem (which they specified)   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

Long, but fair. I had to send them documents and references but that is to be expected. The more relevant the references, the better. They were fair in what they asked. I was in front of a panel of three professors and it was down to me and one other candidate.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

Application, Telephone Notification and onsite Interview and offer. I applied for the position online, Received a telephone for notification a three days later, schedule for onsite interview the next week and then received an offer and background screening took 1month. I was officially given the position and handing over. I don't appreciate anything about the position because i don't like the pay, i took it just to survive the crises at the time.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself
      What can you bring to the center?
      Answer Question